Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
    You should be able to use those without spacers, but they will be very sunken into the arches and look poor. I'd suggest 20mm spacers all around with 205/55 or 205/50 tires for the best look and performance.
    That sounds good. I have been told that there 205/40-17 tire fit in the rotation, no any bigger. I've thinking about that spacer. The front 15mm and rear 20mm spacer spacer. Thanks for info
    https://www.facebook.com/Cry_77_IX-110483784967661
    https://www.instagram.com/cry_77_ix/

Comment

We speak offset. Shoot me the available sizes.
      15"X7" 15 OFFSET.
      16"X8" 15 OFFSET.

THEY ARE ESM Cheapos http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv...668326414.html

What size tire would you suggest?

will eventually run Vogtland coils.

Comment

I have a set of ESM BBS Reps from my vert. Staggered setup rear-16x9 et20
        front- 16x7.5 et20. Will this fit my IX on stock suspension? If so what tires size (with meat) can i wrap these with?

Comment

16x9 et10 will clear gc's, correct?

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
          Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

15's won't rub. 16's won't rub with 205/50 tires. Strut clearance is fine but caliper clearance is dictated by spoke shape and not wheel specs. Gotta test fit them if you've never seen them on an E30 before.
            They are both BBS RS wheels, does that help me?

Thanks for everything you do btw. I appreciate it.
            sigpic

Comment

I am working on doing a 5-lug swap on the E30. All the parts for the swap are off a 98 M3 and Z3. I'm not used to looking for 5 lug wheels or their offsets. I will be running Ary's DTM flares to cover some gnarly fender rubbage from the PO, but I want to know what to look for.
              I will be running GC coilovers on the struts. I'd like to run 9-10" squared wheel setup for as much grip as possible. The power plant if pretty beefy.

Whats a good offset to shoot for, or where will the outsides of my hubs sit now in relation to the 4-lug so I can do some math.

Thanks!
              sigpic

Rebellion Forge Custom Fabrication

1988 325is - TrackRat in progress

Instagram @rebellionforge

Comment

Originally posted by Danny View Post
                16X8 et20 Rota slip streams. Lowered on GC coils. Slightly rolled in the rear, barely rolled in the front.

Currently rubbing like a mad man under turning or acceleration with 225/50/16 Nexens. Looking to move to 225/45/16 Dunlop starspec zII. Thoughts?
                Fits with a rear roll.

Comment

Originally posted by HempingtonE30 View Post
                  ive been looking at rpf1s any one have any experance with these they are a 16x7 35 will these fit with out spacers or will they look strange with out spacers thanks for the help
                  Needs spacers. Rec 20mm all around.

Comment

Originally posted by Sade View Post
                    That sounds good. I have been told that there 205/40-17 tire fit in the rotation, no any bigger. I've thinking about that spacer. The front 15mm and rear 20mm spacer spacer. Thanks for info
                    Wow sorry, I read that as 15". 205/40 is ideal, and yes 15/20 spacers are a good idea.

Comment

Originally posted by Skunkworks View Post
                      15"X7" 15 OFFSET.
                      16"X8" 15 OFFSET.

THEY ARE ESM Cheapos http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv...668326414.html

What size tire would you suggest?

will eventually run Vogtland coils.
                      Both of those fit. I'd use 205/50/15 or 205/45/16.

Comment

Originally posted by GT BMW E30 View Post
                        I have a set of ESM BBS Reps from my vert. Staggered setup rear-16x9 et20
                        front- 16x7.5 et20. Will this fit my IX on stock suspension? If so what tires size (with meat) can i wrap these with?
                        Nope. iXs need higher offsets, those are for RWD E30s.

Comment

Originally posted by lambo View Post
                          16x9 et10 will clear gc's, correct?
                          If the springs are 6" tall or less and the perch is away from the wheel, yes.

Comment

Originally posted by brutus87 View Post
                            They are both BBS RS wheels, does that help me?

Thanks for everything you do btw. I appreciate it.
                            Should help, google E30 + RS(insert 3 digit model number here)

Comment

Originally posted by IronFreak View Post
                              I am working on doing a 5-lug swap on the E30. All the parts for the swap are off a 98 M3 and Z3. I'm not used to looking for 5 lug wheels or their offsets. I will be running Ary's DTM flares to cover some gnarly fender rubbage from the PO, but I want to know what to look for.
                              I will be running GC coilovers on the struts. I'd like to run 9-10" squared wheel setup for as much grip as possible. The power plant if pretty beefy.

Whats a good offset to shoot for, or where will the outsides of my hubs sit now in relation to the 4-lug so I can do some math.

Thanks!
                              Your new wheel geometry is very close to a stock E36 now. What clear the struts on an E36 will clear on your car, so for example 8" +40 is a common fitment.

You're probably looking for +25 to +30 for a 9-10" up front. +35 to +40 rear (ideally).

Comment

It's me again, your favorite question asker! I bought a set of bbs rs's at 5x114.3 16x7" and 16x8" and a et of 45 How thick of adaptors should i go for a nice fitment on a unrolled late-model on h&r sports. Recommended tire size as well?

I love you <3

Comment

Working...
                                X