Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by boriksh View Post
    Trying to find correct size tire for my 16x8 ET15 (front) and 16x9 ET20 (rear) would 225/45/16 all around tires fit with rears rolled?
    On an early car with stiff spring rates maybe. It'll rub occasionally on a late model.

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
      You're running 9" wide wheels on a tiny E30. You'll need stretch if you want the tires to roll.

205/45 or 215/40
      Thanks,
      88 M3 Lachsliber glass top, 90 IS project,

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
        I don't know what they come in, but +22 is nice.
        How exactly is that going to look? is +22 a popular offset for those rims?
        -1988 325i Cabrio

Comment

would a 235/40/17 fit under a lowered e30? or would they be too wide?looking for the most tread widht i can fit without having to space the wheels and roll fenders, also what offest do i want? Im looking at enkei rpf1's in 17x7, now do i want a 30 INSET or 35? if neither will work what spacers do i need?
          Last edited by McDewbie; 04-27-2013, 09:50 AM.

Comment

I'm pretty new here and need advice on wheels. On my 5 lugged e30 (swapped from e36), I want to get 16" style 5s. Currently it has 16" salad shooters. Would the style 5s fit the same? Would they poke out? Would they clear the brakes? Thanks in advance!

Comment

14x8.5 wheel + 205/60r14 tire on late model e30, can it be done? What offsets would I need? Thanks.
              WTB: Diamond Schwartz Hood

Comment

Originally posted by McDewbie View Post
                would a 235/40/17 fit under a lowered e30? or would they be too wide?looking for the most tread widht i can fit without having to space the wheels and roll fenders, also what offest do i want? Im looking at enkei rpf1's in 17x7, now do i want a 30 INSET or 35? if neither will work what spacers do i need?
                Yes. 17x8 +25 wheels are ideal for fitting 235/40/17s but you do need to roll the rear fenders.

Comment

Originally posted by cmcilensek View Post
                  I'm pretty new here and need advice on wheels. On my 5 lugged e30 (swapped from e36), I want to get 16" style 5s. Currently it has 16" salad shooters. Would the style 5s fit the same? Would they poke out? Would they clear the brakes? Thanks in advance!
                  They'll fit flush. You may need 5-10mm front spacers depending on how new your brake pads are. 195/45 is the common tire choice.

Comment

Originally posted by AE86 View Post
                    14x8.5 wheel + 205/60r14 tire on late model e30, can it be done? What offsets would I need? Thanks.
                    +15 to +5 would fit that nicely.

Comment

16x8.5/9 et24/18 205/45

What size spacers should I be looking at?

Thanks!

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf
                      Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Wait a minute! Are you getting wheels Lambo? ;) About time bud! What wheels are they?

How flush are you looking to go? et20 is pretty much perfect on a daily e30 that is lowered.
                        ~ Puch Cafe. ~ Do business? feedback ~ Check out my leather company ~

Instagram: @BWeissLeather

Current cars:
                        ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
                        ~ '87 535
                        ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
                        ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

Originally posted by F34R View Post
                          Wait a minute! Are you getting wheels Lambo? ;) About time bud

How flush are you looking to go? et20 is pretty much perfect on a daily e30 that is lowered. You could run a square for a nicer fitment with ease.

What wheels are they?
                          If all works out I'll be heading back to Colorado with a set of 4x100 OZ Futura's ;) At the moment my friend is running 15mm spacers front and rear with them but they poke a little too much for me. I was thinking of stepping it down to 12.5mm spacers front and rear idk yet.

Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Drop to 10mm and WOW! first set is one of my favorites, make it happen bud.
                            ~ Puch Cafe. ~ Do business? feedback ~ Check out my leather company ~

Instagram: @BWeissLeather

Current cars:
                            ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
                            ~ '87 535
                            ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
                            ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

ok. i think i understand this stuff mostly.... i found some Rota slips 15x7.5 w a backspacing (measured by owner w tire still on) of 5.5inches. that converts to et32 correct? this will not work w/o spacers correct? or will it just clear??? whats the largest offset thatd clear on a 15x7.5? i want an offset of 25 or 20 but i clist is letting me down. I dont wanna run spacers. I'd rather get a wheel that fits.

its my DD on hr sports and billies. will probably run a 205. thanks in advance
                              Now with 2.7i power!!!

Comment

Originally posted by F34R View Post
                                Drop to and WOW! first set is one of my favorites, make it happen bud.
                                Yeah dropping down to 10mm sounds like a good idea.

Comment

Working...
                                X