Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lambo View Post
    16x8.5/9 et13.5/7.5

205/50

Is that gonna look weird or will it even fit?

I was planning on going with 205/45 but I was just playing around with ideas to gain even a little more clearance without sacrificing wheel gap.

Thanks!
    Won't fit. 205/45s on the other hand... ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
      I'd go 15mm F, 20mm R, and 205/50 tires. There aren't many 215s available and none are worth the fitment compromise.
      Thanks for the response. I will go as you stated :)

sigpic

Comment

Thinking of ESM 002r 15 x7 front and 15 x8 rear , both ET15 . What tire sizes ? Any clearance issues?

Comment

Originally posted by Gooneric View Post
          Thinking of ESM 002r 15 x7 front and 15 x8 rear , both ET15 . What tire sizes ? Any clearance issues?
          F: 185/55, 195/50, 205/50
          R: 195/50, 205/50

If it's an 88+ or a convertible you will likely need to roll the rear fenders.

Comment

Hey mystikal quick question.

I started with BBS RS003 +25. I've added 2.5" rear lips to make it 16x8.5 and the fronts will be 7".

I know they say 225/50-16 is too tall but will it fit on an early model? I have BC coilovers. I got a great deal on a set of GMAXX AS-03 and 205/50-16 in the front.

s50 86 325e Project

S50 - BBS - Recaro - BC Coilovers - Morimoto H1 Retrofit

Feedback Thread

Comment

Wheels are vette bolt pattern. I know these fit BMW with wobble bolts.

I have the chance to grab another set of wheels like my three pice ACT wheels for a pretty goo price, but they were originally off a vette. They are 17x9.5 et 56 with what looks like 1/2" lips. I have spare 2" lips for these wheels, so I am thinking the final offset would be around 35 @ 17x11. Does that seem correct?

Is there any BMW that would fit this size? I am not interested in them if I cannot unload them, no matter what the price.

That is the original size of the ZR1, so I may be able to offload them to those guys.
              Originally posted by codyep3
              I hope to Christ you have looks going for you, because you sure as fuck don't have any intelligence.
              2001 silver/Blk 325 cabby. SOLD
              1988 Blk/Blk e30 factory wide body kit car SOLD
              1992 DS/BLK 325 m-tech II apperance pack cabby SOLD!
              2002 325xit Sil/blk. SOLD
              2012 328i xdrive touring. Wht/blk. SOLD
              2009 135 cabby. monacoblue/blk leather SOLD
              2007 Z4m coupe. Silver grey/black/ aluminum. 1of50
              2010 F650gs twin
              2016 M235i cabby. Mineral grey/Red leather

Comment

Originally posted by yahh View Post
                Hey mystikal quick question.

I started with BBS RS003 +25. I've added 2.5" rear lips to make it 16x8.5 and the fronts will be 7".

I know they say 225/50-16 is too tall but will it fit on an early model? I have BC coilovers. I got a great deal on a set of GMAXX AS-03 and 205/50-16 in the front.
                16x8.5 +6

205/45 rear is about your maximum, even with fender rolling.

Comment

Originally posted by Todd Black 88 View Post
                  Wheels are vette bolt pattern. I know these fit BMW with wobble bolts.

I have the chance to grab another set of wheels like my three pice ACT wheels for a pretty goo price, but they were originally off a vette. They are 17x9.5 et 56 with what looks like 1/2" lips. I have spare 2" lips for these wheels, so I am thinking the final offset would be around 35 @ 17x11. Does that seem correct?

Is there any BMW that would fit this size? I am not interested in them if I cannot unload them, no matter what the price.

That is the original size of the ZR1, so I may be able to offload them to those guys.
                  Your calculations are correct. No BMW would fit that size without spacers, but with spacers a whole lot of cars can swallow them. Keep in mind you also need to bore out the centers for them to bolt onto BMWs (Vettes are 70.3mm).

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
                    16x8.5 +6

205/45 rear is about your maximum, even with fender rolling.
                    Will S.Drives work? I know they run wider.

Can I run a 205/45 up front on the same wheel ? Will it rub the inside at all? The fenders will be rolled. Thinking about ordering 2 more lips and going square.
                    Last edited by yahh; 06-08-2013, 07:49 AM.

s50 86 325e Project

S50 - BBS - Recaro - BC Coilovers - Morimoto H1 Retrofit

Feedback Thread

Comment

I just got a pair of Aluline Turbines. They are 15x7 front, rear. ET28. I'm looking for a meaty tire, but don't want a huge profile. The car is currently sitting on H&R Sports but I am planning on going to coil-overs in the near future.

I don't mind rolling fenders.

Last edited by ST1G; 06-09-2013, 09:56 PM.

Comment

Put my rebuilt front end back on this morning (H&R Race/Billy Sports) and had the first opportunity to really test my new wheels. It is using inner mounted wheel weights and they make contact with the strut.

Should I just get them rebalanced with sticky weights on the inside or get a small spacer. Or.. would a spacer be preferable overall.

15x8 et25 Enkei 92
                        225/45(50)/15

Much thanks in advance!

Comment

Originally posted by yahh View Post
                          Will S.Drives work? I know they run wider.

Can I run a 205/45 up front on the same wheel ? Will it rub the inside at all? The fenders will be rolled. Thinking about ordering 2 more lips and going square.
                          Yeah they'll work. There's more room in the front than the rear.

Comment

Originally posted by boisebimmer View Post
                            I just got a pair of Aluline Turbines. They are 15x7 front, rear. ET28. I'm looking for a meaty tire, but don't want a huge profile. The car is currently sitting on H&R Sports but I am planning on going to coil-overs in the near future.

I don't mind rolling fenders.

225/45/15 is probably perfect. 225/50 works too.

Comment

Originally posted by GAbOS View Post
                              Put my rebuilt front end back on this morning (H&R Race/Billy Sports) and had the first opportunity to really test my new wheels. It is using inner mounted wheel weights and they make contact with the strut.

Should I just get them rebalanced with sticky weights on the inside or get a small spacer. Or.. would a spacer be preferable overall.

15x8 et25 Enkei 92
                              225/45(50)/15

Much thanks in advance!
                              Rebalanced with sticky weights. Who puts clamp on weights on Enkei 92s? Find a new tire shop too.

Comment

Thanks!! I purchased them used like this. ;)

Comment

Working...
                                X