Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Joe318is View Post
    Might as well ask since they are on close out for $50 each

For race tires. 225/50-16 Kumho V710's on 16X7 ET28 Alpinas with H&R race springs and spacers if need be. Kumho lists this tire as having an overall diameter of 24.7" and a tread width of 9".

::crossingfingers::

EDIT: OR 245/45-16 Kumho V700's? 24.3" Overall diameter and 9.7" tread width
    lol, you and your huge tires.

I will NOT recommend the former, just because it's so tall. But I know better than arguing with you. They should just barely clear the front struts.

The latter will definitely need spacers, around 15mm should do it.

Jay

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
      lol, you and your huge tires.

I will NOT recommend the former, just because it's so tall. But I know better than arguing with you. They should just barely clear the front struts.

The latter will definitely need spacers, around 15mm should do it.

Jay
      haha, i like how i have been a burden on you. Well, either way, they both sold out as i was looking at my assets and now i dont have either choice.

Incidentally, the first fender related damage occurred with my 205/55-16s this past evening. Pothole as slow speeds, full lock messed up the drivers fender a little. Nothing a little bit of rolling cant fix

thanks!

Originally posted by vlad
      Do you know anybody else who built that many bad ass E30s?

Comment

Originally posted by Joe318is View Post
        haha, i like how i have been a burden on you. Well, either way, they both sold out as i was looking at my assets and now i dont have either choice.

Incidentally, the first fender related damage occurred with my 205/55-16s this past evening. Pothole as slow speeds, full lock messed up the drivers fender a little. Nothing a little bit of rolling cant fix

thanks!
        I won't even lie, as I was replying I was pulling up TR to try and buy them. Dammit!

Jay

Comment

I won't even lie, as I was replying I was pulling up TR to try and buy them. Dammit!

Jay
          Gotta keep my eyes pealed. Those 245 Victoracers were on close out for $30 each :shock:

Comment

OK, how about a list of 16" R-compounds.
            Anyone?
            Anyone?

I would ideally like to find 225/45-16, but I know there aren't many out there.

J.
            J. Farina

Yeah, thats me kicking up all that dirt!

Comment

go to tirerack and start clicking away. you can search by brand then select that brands DOT tires and look at size/pricing charts. theres no real easy way to do this

Comment

Originally posted by JiXer View Post
                OK, how about a list of 16" R-compounds.
                Anyone?
                Anyone?

I would ideally like to find 225/45-16, but I know there aren't many out there.

J.
                Advice: Go to Tirerack.com and search.

Jay

Edit: Joe beat me to it. My page setting hid your reply!

Comment

Advice: Go to Tirerack.com and search.

Jay

Edit: Joe beat me to it. My page setting hid your reply!
                  Yeah, there is only a few choices (no Toyo's) and they are too low of treadwear and too high of price. Gonna have to go back to a 15x8.

But then what size? Still hard to stuff lots of rubber under there.
                  Spacers and fender rolling is of no concern to me. Just want the most rubber possible.

J.
                  J. Farina

Yeah, thats me kicking up all that dirt!

Comment

Originally posted by JiXer View Post
                    Yeah, there is only a few choices (no Toyo's) and they are too low of treadwear and too high of price. Gonna have to go back to a 15x8.

But then what size? Still hard to stuff lots of rubber under there.
                    Spacers and fender rolling is of no concern to me. Just want the most rubber possible.

J.
                    The 235/50/15 Toyo is about the biggest 15" you're going to get under there without going crazy.

Jay

Comment

Need help with tire size

Car: 1991 318is
                      Suspension: E30 M3 5lug conversion with Groundcontrol
                      Wheels: 17x8 et20 front and 17x9 et22 rear M-systems

I need help chosing tire sizes for the above mentioned. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by oo=00=oo View Post
                        Car: 1991 318is
                        Suspension: E30 M3 5lug conversion with Groundcontrol
                        Wheels: 17x8 et20 front and 17x9 et22 rear M-systems

I need help chosing tire sizes for the above mentioned. Thanks
                        You won't be able to get anything bigger than a 215 in the back, even with heavily rolled fenders.

So if you want a matching sidewall "stretch", get 205/45/17 front and 215/40/17 rear. If you just want the best performance, run 215/40/17 all around.

Jay

Comment

OK, I tried searching through here but I couldn't find the answer to this one.

I just bought an 87 325is. It has the stock 14" Basketweaves. What is the widest tire I can fit on those (6.5" width?)?
                          205/55-14?
                          225/50-14?
                          Then of course it is a question of finding a good tire in that size... which might be impossible.

This car will be my HPDE track rat and not a daily driver. I do not want to go to race tires yet.

Eventually I will get 15" wheels for it, but not this year probably.
                          1987 E30 325is
                          1999 E46 323i
                          RIP 1994 E32 740iL
                          oo=[][]=oo

Comment

I am looking to find the widest tire that will not give me any problems without rolling lips.

I will have 16x7.5 et25 ACS Type I wheels.

From the reading I have done options are:

205x50x16
                            215x45x16
                            225x45x16

The car is slightly lowered on BAV Autosport spring (were on car when I purchased I might upgrade to a stiffer spring but not now).

Will the 225's give me problems or will they fit?

Thanks
                            Tom

Comment

What's the best Wheels (size-offset) and Tires size setup for Lapping and Track racing.

?!?!?

at the beginning i was oriented for a set of Kosei K1 in 16'' on 225-50-16.. now i read i can use tires like 245 or 255 in back on a 17inch wheels.
                              Gimme more info on wheels size and offset needed front and rear.

Thank you very much.
                              TRY ME IN THE CORNER
                              BMW 325ci 2003
                              BMW 325 M20-T (HX55) 1990 (track!)

Comment

Originally posted by Exekutor View Post
                                What's the best Wheels (size-offset) and Tires size setup for Lapping and Track racing.

?!?!?

at the beginning i was oriented for a set of Kosei K1 in 16'' on 225-50-16.. now i read i can use tires like 245 or 255 in back on a 17inch wheels.
                                Gimme more info on wheels size and offset needed front and rear.

Thank you very much.
                                If you can get 225's all around, then that is the way to go for now, especialy if you haven't done much track driving before.
                                You really don't want wider tires in the back unless you are putting a lot more than stock power down. It will just make the car understeer more with wider tires in the back.
                                1987 E30 325is
                                1999 E46 323i
                                RIP 1994 E32 740iL
                                oo=[][]=oo

Comment

Working...
                                X