Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

would 15" OEM M3 basket weaves with 205/55 tires fit my 318is with a 4 to 5 lug adpater? if so which brand has the best adapter

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
      205/50 all around is your limit, even with a rear fender roll.
      Thanks for the help, so if run 205/50 all the way around will I need to roll my fenders? The front is a 15x7 and the rear is a 15x7.5. I want it to be flush to the fender and understand im going to need to run spacers. Would a staggered setup be better?

Comment

Originally posted by Spectre View Post
        I'm looking at getting a set of 15x7s with 25mm offset, do I need spacers and what size tires should I get with them? I'm looking at 195/50R15 or 205/50R15 (I'm assuming 225/45R15 would be way too big) Thank you!
        You can fit much larger tires. 205/55, 225/50, 225/45 all fit without rubbing.

Comment

Originally posted by jalopi
          Hey bros, doing a 5lug swap soon with 330i brakes and I'm trying to figure out what wheels I want. I know the selection of wheels is pretty much limited to 17's with very few 16's working - any chance the old c5 corvette wheels would slip over the 330i brakes?
          Likely. C5 brakes aren't that small.

Comment

Originally posted by Choseph0027 View Post
            Hello everyone,

So I purchased Kamoto's Ultra Wide fender flares not to long ago, and it is time for me to put them on and figure out what wheels/tires I want to run, but I have no idea. My wheel/tire game is terrible.

I don't want to give away my power goals, but lets say in the 400-700hp range (in the end).

Can anyone help me out with dimensions of the wheel and possible tire selections? Is 15", 16" or 17" best? Is a wider wheel better or a less wide wheel with a wider tire?

It would be awsome if i can get a nice fitment on the first go with these flares (I dont want a "slammed" look)
            It's near impossible to give fitment advice with flares, as they're not just "1.75 wider" but also shaped differently. Clearance and fitment is more or less trial and error, unless you can find someone who used those exact flares and has done the homework.

Comment

Originally posted by kristov View Post
              Will a 17x8 wheel with 22 offset and 235/40/17 tires fit without rubbing?

If not - what kind of wheel specs are needed for a proper fitment of this tire?
              On an early model with rolled rear arches and coilovers and it can work.

On a late model, it's tougher. +25 is the ideal offset for 235/40/17s.

Comment

Originally posted by Lee22 View Post
                would 15" OEM M3 basket weaves with 205/55 tires fit my 318is with a 4 to 5 lug adpater? if so which brand has the best adapter
                No.

Comment

Originally posted by macinnis View Post
                  Thanks for the help, so if run 205/50 all the way around will I need to roll my fenders? The front is a 15x7 and the rear is a 15x7.5. I want it to be flush to the fender and understand im going to need to run spacers. Would a staggered setup be better?
                  205/50 is ideal, yes you will need to roll your rears. I doubt you'll be adding much spacers if any at all.

Comment

Originally posted by 5ickride View Post
                    Hi,

Thank you as always for your guidance on this. I am looking at some BBS RS wheels. Specs:
                    Fronts 16x8(+27), Rears 16x8.5 (+19)

Going on an early model, coilover suspension. Would like as much rubber without rolling fenders as possible.

Thanks in advance!

Comment

84' 318i... Will 16x8 et20 front and 16x9 et15 rear fit nicely?
                      ... Its lowered but I haven't measured actual ride height yet.
                      ... Running bottle caps right now with 195/60 tires and the tires are flush with the fender when viewed from the side.
                      Last edited by toosolidmal; 02-26-2014, 07:50 PM.

Comment

17x8 et35. They're 5x120 will be needing adapters. Flush the better.

Comment

Originally posted by toosolidmal View Post
                          84' 318i... Will 16x8 et20 front and 16x9 et15 rear fit nicely?
                          ... Its lowered but I haven't measured actual ride height yet.
                          ... Running bottle caps right now with 195/60 tires and the tires are flush with the fender when viewed from the side.
                          Yes, very nicely.

Comment

Originally posted by White325is View Post
                            17x8 et35. They're 5x120 will be needing adapters. Flush the better.
                            Depends on your camber settings, but I like 17x8 +10 205/40. 25mm adapters would give you this.

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
                              On an early model with rolled rear arches and coilovers and it can work.

On a late model, it's tougher. +25 is the ideal offset for 235/40/17s.
                              Thanks, it's an early model with coilovers.

What about the front - will it rub there?

Comment

Originally posted by kristov View Post
                                Thanks, it's an early model with coilovers.

What about the front - will it rub there?
                                No, you should be okay on the front. You'll be limited by how low you can go as the tires are slightly taller than stock, but otherwise you're good.

Comment

Working...
                                X