Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jrssampson View Post
    What size and et wheels would fit for my lowered ix?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Take anything I've said for a RWD non-M E30 and add (numerically) 5-10mm of offset.

For example a 16x7.5 225/45/16 works on a RWD perfectly at +20. For an iX, +25 to +30 would be ideal.

Comment

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment T...

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
      Yeah that's fine.
      Jay my man,
      Thanks so much. Thanks for offering your knowledge as such a cool service for us
      Last edited by JinormusJ; 04-15-2014, 12:57 PM.

Comment

Hey,

Sorry for asking again, but the previous wheels I wanted to buy are gone, but I found some new ones.

My car is a late model '89 E30 318.
        The wheels are same as before, Keskin KT4, but they are 16x7,5 ET35 (all of them), currently on 195/45R16 tires.

What size of spacers do I need? Any fender roll? Will it work at all? :D

Thank you for your further advice, and also for your patience.
        Daniel

Comment

Originally posted by daniel.core View Post
          Hey,

Sorry for asking again, but the previous wheels I wanted to buy are gone, but I found some new ones.

My car is a late model '89 E30 318.
          The wheels are same as before, Keskin KT4, but they are 16x7,5 ET35 (all of them), currently on 195/45R16 tires.

What size of spacers do I need? Any fender roll? Will it work at all? :D

Thank you for your further advice, and also for your patience.
          Daniel
          I'd suggest 15mm front and 20mm rear spacers. Replace the tires with either 205/45 or 205/50 once they're worn. No rolling.

Comment

I have a 1988 Super Eta running H&R sport springs and Bilstein sport shocks, with no spring pads in the front. Looking at running a set of 16x8 Style 5s. What tire sizes would be available, both with and without rolling the fenders. I don't want to run any fill/drill wheels, so adapters are needed. Thanks for your help!!
            1993 Alpine White II 325i convertible (last year of E30 production)
            1988 Zinnoberot 325 Super ETA coupe

Comment

Originally posted by Bullwings View Post
              I'm guessing this is pretty standard fit, but i'm looking at

15x8 +25 with 205/50 (i'm currently on Style 10s, 15x7 +24)

Fender rolling needed? I'm on Billy Sports with H&R race. Offset FCAB for some camber, that's it. Otherwise unremarkable. It's mainly a DD with some canyon runs and an occasional auto-x.
              3mm front spacers, otherwise good to go.
              Hey, sorry, just need a bit more clarification on this. Rolling needed or not?

At what point would I need rolling? with another 3mm spacer, that would make the wheel at 15x8 +22.

Does a 15x8 +20 need rolling?

Thanks in advance.

Comment

205/45 all around, rear fender roll
                You're a hero. Thank you
                91 318is - Gone
                16 VW GTI
                07 Aprilia Tuono

Comment

I picked up a '90 325is with Ground Control's street/track coilovers, and I'd like to know if you're aware of how wide a wheel I can run in a square fitment with no fender pulling using 225/45/15 BFG Rivals and with what offset. The Miata guys run them on 9" wide wheels, but I don't think those clear late model rear fenders without a roll & pull, and my measurements show I'd need +12 to +15 offset to clear the front struts. 15x8 +20 would be safe, but the tires yield more grip when mounted on 15x8.5s or 15x9s.

Comment

What size tire should i put on my O.Z turbos the car will be on the will be on gc coil overs with 550/600 springs. Im thinking like 175/50/15 the wheels are 15x7 btw

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
                    1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
                    Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
                    Mtech 2 turbo restoration
                    Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

Originally posted by Yogawrench View Post
                      I have a 1988 Super Eta running H&R sport springs and Bilstein sport shocks, with no spring pads in the front. Looking at running a set of 16x8 Style 5s. What tire sizes would be available, both with and without rolling the fenders. I don't want to run any fill/drill wheels, so adapters are needed. Thanks for your help!!
                      18mm adapters, 205/45 tires, rear fender roll. Or 195/45 tires and no roll.

Comment

Originally posted by Bullwings View Post
                        Hey, sorry, just need a bit more clarification on this. Rolling needed or not?

At what point would I need rolling? with another 3mm spacer, that would make the wheel at 15x8 +22.

Does a 15x8 +20 need rolling?

Thanks in advance.
                        No rolling all the way down to +20 (with 205/50s).

Comment

Originally posted by pr0craztinazn View Post
                          I picked up a '90 325is with Ground Control's street/track coilovers, and I'd like to know if you're aware of how wide a wheel I can run in a square fitment with no fender pulling using 225/45/15 BFG Rivals and with what offset. The Miata guys run them on 9" wide wheels, but I don't think those clear late model rear fenders without a roll & pull, and my measurements show I'd need +12 to +15 offset to clear the front struts. 15x8 +20 would be safe, but the tires yield more grip when mounted on 15x8.5s or 15x9s.
                          8" is the practical limit. But if you want to push it, 15x8.5 +17 could just work with a rear fender roll and front camber plates.

Comment

Originally posted by ThatOneEuroE30 View Post
                            What size tire should i put on my O.Z turbos the car will be on the will be on gc coil overs with 550/600 springs. Im thinking like 175/50/15 the wheels are 15x7 btw
                            If they're E30 Turbos then they're probably +28 or so. Those fit 225/50 tires, not silly 175s.

Comment

If they're E30 Turbos then they're probably +28 or so. Those fit 225/50 tires, not silly 175s.
                              They had 205 before. 225 would be to meaty

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
                              1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
                              Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
                              Mtech 2 turbo restoration
                              Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

I'm going to pick up a set of Enkei Compe 16x8 et25 for my 87 320i early body. What tire size do you guys recommend? Any rolling required?

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X