Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
    215/45 is still over a half inch taller than 88+ stock tires (and a full inch larger than what the E30 was designed for, 195/60/14s). Unless that was a typo, in which case yes 205/45 can work all around. The fronts may scrub the wheel well slightly in parking lots but otherwise it's good.
    Yeah, I meany 215/40. I'll just go off of what is available to me at either 215/40 or 205/45.
    For all things 24v, check out Markert Motorworks!
    Originally posted by mbonanni
    I hate modded emtree, I hate modded cawrz, I hate jdm, I hate swag, I hate stanceyolokids, I hate bags (on cars), I hate stuff that is slowz, I hate tires.

I am a pursit now.

Comment

Plans for my next setup...

205-45-16 Bridgestone RE-11
      ESM 002 16x9 ET15
      BC Racing Coils

What spacers am I going to need for this type of setup?

Comment

style 5 fitment

Currently I am on HR race with Bilstein sport all around and running 16x8 et 20 4x100 rota slipstreams. Rear fenders are rolled and it still rubs on the rear driver side on hard dips. It may be due to an accident from PO. There also seems to be some bondo in there. Anyway, I don't like the look of my all black wheels even though i love the ride and really want to go with a more traditional look like style 5s. I've seen these run on e30s but not sure what adapter, offset and tire size I need to run 16x8 with my setup. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by golde30 View Post
          Hey Jay, wondering if I can run 235/40/17 on my e36 m3 with 17x8 et20 front and 17x9 et26 rear. I know the front will fit because I ran it before, but worried that the rear won't clear. The tires are fallen fk453 which seem to run wide.

Currently on 17x8.5 et13 with 215/40/17 and they rub in the rear...
          Should fit with coilovers and a fender roll.

Comment

Originally posted by thenewguy View Post
            Plans for my next setup...

205-45-16 Bridgestone RE-11
            ESM 002 16x9 ET15
            BC Racing Coils

What spacers am I going to need for this type of setup?
            No spacers.

Comment

Originally posted by Merlin8 View Post
              Currently I am on HR race with Bilstein sport all around and running 16x8 et 20 4x100 rota slipstreams. Rear fenders are rolled and it still rubs on the rear driver side on hard dips. It may be due to an accident from PO. There also seems to be some bondo in there. Anyway, I don't like the look of my all black wheels even though i love the ride and really want to go with a more traditional look like style 5s. I've seen these run on e30s but not sure what adapter, offset and tire size I need to run 16x8 with my setup. Any advice is greatly appreciated.
              18mm adapters and 205/45 tires. You didn't mention what size tire you're running now, but this will likely rub if your existing setup does.

Comment

Hi Jay,
                I've got a staggered 15 inch set of 4x100 BBS 7.5j et19 and 9j et12. Lowered on B. sport and HR. Don't really want to roll fenders or use spacers if possible. Could I run 205/50 15's on the front and ?
                Thanks

Comment

18mm adapters and 205/45 tires. You didn't mention what size tire you're running now, but this will likely rub if your existing setup does.
                  ive got 205/50/16

Comment

215/45 is still over a half inch taller than 88+ stock tires (and a full inch larger than what the E30 was designed for, 195/60/14s). Unless that was a typo, in which case yes 205/45 can work all around. The fronts may scrub the wheel well slightly in parking lots but otherwise it's good.
                    I ended up with 215/40 Nitto NeoGens, fitment is PERFECT. The stretch in the rear looks exactly the same because they don't have tonnes of sidewall like the old size and fronts are just slightly pulled. Went from tires stuffed in the wheelwells and rockers a mile in the air to the car actually looking low on its own and tonnes of room to go lower. Now to cut down the strut housings :D

Thanks again, Mystical!
                    For all things 24v, check out Markert Motorworks!
                    Originally posted by mbonanni
                    I hate modded emtree, I hate modded cawrz, I hate jdm, I hate swag, I hate stanceyolokids, I hate bags (on cars), I hate stuff that is slowz, I hate tires.

I am a pursit now.

Comment

Jay,

IE Stg 3, 16x8 e35 BBS RC, 15mm spacers. Currently running a Yokohama 225/45/16 that looks to be discontinued.

Any recommendations?

Comment

Hey guys. First time poster and first time e30 owner here. I just picked up a 1991 318is that is bone stock, so I'm starting from scratch on this thing.
                        I'm going with 40mm lowering springs and the e90 drop hat in the front for about a 2" drop and just a 40mm (1.5") drop in the rear (all ordered, here soon hopefully). I already have some 225 50 15's for the rear, not sure about the front yet, maybe 205 50 15 for a staggered look? My question for you guys is: I'm pretty set on ordering Diamond Racing Pro Street steelies, 7" front and 8" rear. The 7" doesn't have a lot of offest options, 0 is the highest you can go, and the rear works in increments of 12 (-12, 0, +12). Does anyone have any experience with them? I've read they need spacers in the front to clear the caliper bracket, which would throw my offset calcs off. I want a really flush look without too much camber or dinking around. I don't mind rolling fenders, I just want the car to sit pretty and still be driveable. Thanks for reading!

Comment

I just had spec e30 suspension installed on my car(I love it!!!). I also have some 17" BBS RC090 that I was going to use when I had the M3.

Can I use these wheels with 18mm adapters? What size tire should I use. I am not crazy about stretching the tires but these are my street wheels , so if I have too I will.

Thanks!
                          I'm not a real car guy :(

Comment

Originally posted by edocm View Post
                            Hi Jay,
                            I've got a staggered 15 inch set of 4x100 BBS 7.5j et19 and 9j et12. Lowered on B. sport and HR. Don't really want to roll fenders or use spacers if possible. Could I run 205/50 15's on the front and ?
                            Thanks
                            Front 205/50s will fit fine, rears will need fender rolling. No spacers.

Comment

Originally posted by Merlin8 View Post
                              ive got 205/50/16
                              It would 100% rub then. Stick with +20 offset wheels.

Comment

Originally posted by Roysneon View Post
                                I ended up with 215/40 Nitto NeoGens, fitment is PERFECT. The stretch in the rear looks exactly the same because they don't have tonnes of sidewall like the old size and fronts are just slightly pulled. Went from tires stuffed in the wheelwells and rockers a mile in the air to the car actually looking low on its own and tonnes of room to go lower. Now to cut down the strut housings :D

Thanks again, Mystical!
                                Congrats!

Comment

Working...
                                X