Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chris E30 Cab View Post
    Hey Jay, long time man but glad to see your still around!

Anyhow, I just picked up a set of Ronal LS (15x7.5, ET25) and some 225/50-15 Hankook R-S2 per your recommendation in this great thread. The prob is the tires are hitting the front struts...too wide :( I could obviously find some 3mm spacers but the tires are shot now.......long story. Therefore, could you recommend some good 205/55-15 tires that would mate well with my R-S2's in the rear? Hankook apparently doesn't make that size in the R-S2.

I will have some E30 M3 offset CAB's fitted later in the week, would this increase the space on the strut side?

Thanks man!

Chris
    Ouch, sorry to hear that Chris. Looking at the R-S2 spec sheet it shares a listed section width with other 225/50/15 tires that do fit, such as the BFG G-Force Sport and Yokohama ES100. Looks like there is some inaccuracy/rounding loss there. How did the tires get ruined? I have the same size and model rubbing the hell outta my fenders, and they seem to take it just fine.

Moving on, the CAB's don't affect the strut clearance as far as I know, and a similar 205/55/15 tire would be the Kumho SPT. One problem is that the Kumho would definitely provide more grip in the wet, meaning if you throw your car into a wet corner hard the back end will lose traction first. If you want a tire that is on the same wet traction level (but doesn't match as well in sidewall response, they are quite a bit stiffer and will make hard driving in the dry a little odd) look at the BFG G-Force Sport. Unfortunately the R-S2 is a very interesting tire that doesn't match exactly with anything on the market. That said, I'd just get the SPT and take it easy in the wet, It won't be as scary as I just made it sound.

Jay

Comment

Originally posted by Bimmerman325i View Post
      Quick question for you all: I'm looking at picking up a single Borbet CB wheel so I can have a full set of 4 equal size wheels and tires(3 15x7 and 1 14 doesn't really work).

It is 15x7, 4x100, and et35. What size spacer do I need to run? How would I know if they are hubcentric?

Here's a link to the sell post with pictures of the back of the wheel and all the information stampings.

Thanks!
      15mm spacers. 10mm spacers (as recommended earlier) will not be hubcentric. You can tell if they are hubcentric by the protruding hub lip (i.e. the spacer is not flat).

205/55/15 tires would be perfect.

Jay

Comment

Originally posted by Bigbeansm3 View Post
        Jay,

If i can fit a 245/40/17 (24.7" diameter) on the front of my e30 with a 15mm offset, than could i fit a 255/40/17 with a 10mm offset, or would the increased diameter (25.0" diameter, 10.3" section width) be an issue with clearance near the strut/inner wheel well?
        Either tire is going to be a hard fit in the wheel well. Obviously, the 25" will only be worse. Your offset measurement is correct, of course.

Jay

Comment

Ok, quick questions...

I'm looking at 17x17.5's et42. I would need 20mm spacers all around, right?
          On those wheels, would you suggest 215/40/17 or 215/45/17?
          And last, but not least, whats you impression on Fuzion HRi's and ZRi's? Compared to R-S2's and RT-615s?

TIA
          If life passes you by... Downshift.

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
            Either tire is going to be a hard fit in the wheel well. Obviously, the 25" will only be worse. Your offset measurement is correct, of course.

Jay
            Ok, in that case i'll shoot for the 255's.

Thanks again.
            -Matt

;)

“Believe me! The secret of reaping the greatest fruitfulness and the greatest enjoyment from life is to live dangerously!” -Nietzsche

Comment

Originally posted by Lazr111 View Post
              Ok, quick questions...

I'm looking at 17x17.5's et42. I would need 20mm spacers all around, right?
              On those wheels, would you suggest 215/40/17 or 215/45/17?
              And last, but not least, whats you impression on Fuzion HRi's and ZRi's? Compared to R-S2's and RT-615s?

TIA
              20mm spacers, yes.

215/40/17.

HRi = garbage
              ZRi = quite good, but the Kumho SPT is a better buy.
              R-S2 = Very sticky in the dry, okay in the wet, needs better sidewalls
              RT-615 = Very sticky in the dry, good in the wet, doesn't like standing water when worn

Overall, you can't compare either Fuzion to the R-S2 or RT-615. Totally different classes of tires. If you just want an excellent all-around tire for cheap, the Kumho SPT and Falken ZE-912 are great choices.

Jay

Comment

Jay do you know the ET's on both DS'2 7.5" and 8.5" by chance ?

I am pre planning what spacers I will need to use these wheels with a e30 m3 5 lug swap.

Comment

20mm spacers, yes.

215/40/17.

HRi = garbage
                  ZRi = quite good, but the Kumho SPT is a better buy.
                  R-S2 = Very sticky in the dry, okay in the wet, needs better sidewalls
                  RT-615 = Very sticky in the dry, good in the wet, doesn't like standing water when worn

Overall, you can't compare either Fuzion to the R-S2 or RT-615. Totally different classes of tires. If you just want an excellent all-around tire for cheap, the Kumho SPT and Falken ZE-912 are great choices.

Jay
                  Awesome, thanks for the quick reply.

The reason I asked about the Fusions is that i recently rode in a friends Benz wagon, and he has brand new HRi's on it and it seemed to stick much better than anything i'm used to. I can only imagine the R-S2's or RT-615's...
                  If life passes you by... Downshift.

Comment

Originally posted by atomic View Post
                    Jay do you know the ET's on both DS'2 7.5" and 8.5" by chance ?

I am pre planning what spacers I will need to use these wheels with a e30 m3 5 lug swap.
                    ET41 on both. I think you're insane to use those heavy wheels PLUS spend money on spacers when you have E30 M3 hubs, you have so many nice deep dish choices. But that's just a matter of opinion. :p

Oh, and 15mm spacers front and rear would be nice.

Jay

Comment

Originally posted by Lazr111 View Post
                      Awesome, thanks for the quick reply.

The reason I asked about the Fusions is that i recently rode in a friends Benz wagon, and he has brand new HRi's on it and it seemed to stick much better than anything i'm used to. I can only imagine the R-S2's or RT-615's...
                      Well then. HRi's have low traction limits, even for their class (which is just basic high-performance all-seasons, a really tame category). An RT-615 would have roughly 15-20% MORE lateral grip.

Jay

Comment

I am looking at the BBS replicas that IE sells. They are 17" et25 and I want to run 215/40/17's on them. I will be running H&R sports and billy sports on a 91' 325ic. will I have issues with rubbing? my guess is that I will need to roll the fenders. also will any spacer/rings need to be purchased with these wheels?

'08 E90 328i Sport '04 E53 3.0 '02 E46 325i Sport '91 E30 325ic M-Technic

Comment

The 235/50/15 Toyo is about the biggest 15" you're going to get under there without going crazy.

Jay
                          Jay, I searched all the usual websites for any tire in 235-50-15 and found nothing at all. Do you have a source for the Toyos?

Thanks - this hobby of yours is a great public service!
                          "If the sky were to fall tomorrow, the tall would die first."

-Dr. Paul Forrester

Do I LOOK like I need a psychological evaluation???

Comment

Originally posted by cat97628 View Post
                            I am looking at the BBS replicas that IE sells. They are 17" et25 and I want to run 215/40/17's on them. I will be running H&R sports and billy sports on a 91' 325ic. will I have issues with rubbing? my guess is that I will need to roll the fenders. also will any spacer/rings need to be purchased with these wheels?
                            Nope, no rubbing there. You might need rings, not sure if IE includes them with the sale (I'd hope they do). No spacers though.

Jay

Comment

Originally posted by funcrew View Post
                              Jay, I searched all the usual websites for any tire in 235-50-15 and found nothing at all. Do you have a source for the Toyos?

Thanks - this hobby of yours is a great public service!
                              It's an R-comp: http://marktg.toyotires.com/file/30029.pdf

lol, it's all part of my communist Canadian attitude.

Jay

Comment

Nope, no rubbing there. You might need rings, not sure if IE includes them with the sale (I'd hope they do). No spacers though.

Jay

thanks for the reply. think i could go 225 and still not rub?

'08 E90 328i Sport '04 E53 3.0 '02 E46 325i Sport '91 E30 325ic M-Technic

Comment

Working...
                                X