Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am considering running 16x8 with +15 offset (Sportmax 501)

I'd like to run 225/50 in the front and 245/45 in the rear.

My suspension is Vogtland's with Bilstein Sports, and I do have access to a fender roller.
    Originally posted by Teaguer
    Filling an Eta's tank with super unleaded will reach the cars maximum attainable performance level .

Aa a bonus filling the tank will also double any Eta's resale value .

Comment

work three peice

I after some Work VS XX three peice wheels

I was going to go 18x8 front and 18x9 rear, the supplier asked me what ofset i want as they are custom wheels?Can anyone tell me what the ideal offset is?
      Also would 18x9.5 be to big for the rear? its a 89 E30.
      Any help would be great
      sigpic
      '89' E30 with Euro S50B30

Comment

Originally posted by Midnight Sun View Post
        I am considering running 16x8 with +15 offset (Sportmax 501)

I'd like to run 225/50 in the front and 245/45 in the rear.

My suspension is Vogtland's with Bilstein Sports, and I do have access to a fender roller.
        Both tires are oversized. You will have severe trouble with fitting the fronts, as it's not only the fender that's the problem; the entire wheelwell doesn't like 1" oversized tires.

225/45/16 front and 245/45/16 rear is more likely to work. You would have to essentially flare out the fenders with the fender roller, it will be a HUGE task (and you will need to paint your car afterwards, 90% chance).

Basically what I'm trying to tell you is that even 225/45/16 all around will require a damn good fender rolling. 245's is borderline extreme for the stock fenders with that wheel setup.

Comment

Originally posted by mck View Post
          I after some Work VS XX three peice wheels

I was going to go 18x8 front and 18x9 rear, the supplier asked me what ofset i want as they are custom wheels?Can anyone tell me what the ideal offset is?
          Also would 18x9.5 be to big for the rear? its a 89 E30.
          Any help would be great
          I replied to your same query over on maX, but I'll post it here also.

ET35 front and rear will provide the best fender clearance. If you want to try the 9.5" rears, ET30. It is possible (with like 225 tires), just a little more of a fender rolling challenge.

Comment

I have a set of 2 piece AC knock offs that i have had for a couple of years and I am finally trying to mount. The back seems to mount fine but the front touch on my caliper. So I will need a spacer obviously. My major concern is that even with no weight on the suspension the wheels stick out passed the fender and I am geussing they would even more if they where mounted and siting on the ground with a 10-15mm spacer. I was wondering if there is anyway to correct this or if these wheels are a lost cause. I realize I could roll the fenders but as it is they stick out 1/4-1/2 an inch so I am worried that I wouldn't be able to roll the fenders enought to get them under the fenders. I can take pics tomorrow if it will help. Thanks.

Wheels are 16"x7.5 and apparently came off an e21 or 2002.
            Photoshop by O 16581 72452 5

Comment

^ You could add negative camber in the front and it should help a bit once the car is on the ground .

I would say run the thinnest spacer needed for the tires to clear the struts .
              If you can get away with a 5mm then run that .

Do you know the offset of the wheels ?

E30 M3 / E30 325is / E34 525iT / E34 535i

Comment

Originally posted by Teaguer View Post
                ^ You could add negative camber in the front and it should help a bit once the car is on the ground .

I would say run the thinnest spacer needed for the tires to clear the struts .
                If you can get away with a 5mm then run that .

Do you know the offset of the wheels ?
                No I don't know the offset and I don't know where to take it so that I can get i measured. I have tried measuring it myself but don't reallly trust my measurements.

I was trying to think of a way to rig up some spacers to test the thickness that I needed but Im not really sure what to use.

I don't have adjustable camber plates right now so I wouldn't be able to do that until I get all new suspension which won't happen for another couple of months.

i am also hoping to be able to run 225's on them for when I get around to swapping my m30so I was planning on rolling the finders anyways. Do you guys think rolling would solve the problem. How much on average do people roll the fenders? Thanks for the response

Comment

You can measure the backspacing really easily .

Just put the wheel face down on the ground .
                  Then lay a straight edge or straigh piece of wood across the back of the wheel .
                  Measure from the mounting surface (part that will be on the rotor hat) to the straight edge .
                  Then you can figure out the backspacing and offset since you know the whidht already .

E30 M3 / E30 325is / E34 525iT / E34 535i

Comment

Originally posted by Teaguer View Post
                    Measure from the mounting surface (part that will be on the rotor hat) to the straight edge.
                    Im geussing this would be the measure for backspacing?

I want to double check the width. Would it be from lip to lip, or is the measurement from the back of the lip like in the tirerack pic? thanks

Comment

If they are E21/'02 wheels, then they're likely around ET13. Spacing out ET13 7.5" wide wheels gives fenders nightmares.

As Teaguer said, just run the smallest spacer possible. And I'd scrap any dreams of running 225's right now, even with 5mm spacers if my offset guess is correct 205's will be enough trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
                        If they are E21/'02 wheels, then they're likely around ET13. Spacing out ET13 7.5" wide wheels gives fenders nightmares.

As Teaguer said, just run the smallest spacer possible. And I'd scrap any dreams of running 225's right now, even with 5mm spacers if my offset guess is correct 205's will be enough trouble.
                        Ya thats what I was afraid of. I am thinking of moving on and getting another set but these are the nicest wheels I have ever seen that's why I am having trouble letting go.

Comment

Jay, I need some tire suggestions for my 89 325i with E30 M3 5 lug suspension. I am going to be running a staggered set of M-Contours 17x7.5/17x8.5 with an ET38. I have coilovers on the car and adjustable front camber plates.

I was initially thinking about doing the standard E36 M3 tire fitment of 225/45/17 fronts and 245/40/17 rears but I think I'm going to have issues with the rear fenders. Lately, I've been considering 215/40/17 front and 235/40/17 rear.

I'm also holding off on ordering spacers until i can get the wheels and tires on the car to see what I need.

Any suggestions?
                          Originally posted by Simon S
                          When a dream is a dream for too long - it becomes a fantasy..

Comment

Originally posted by SuperDuper View Post
                            Jay, I need some tire suggestions for my 89 325i with E30 M3 5 lug suspension. I am going to be running a staggered set of M-Contours 17x7.5/17x8.5 with an ET38. I have coilovers on the car and adjustable front camber plates.

I was initially thinking about doing the standard E36 M3 tire fitment of 225/45/17 fronts and 245/40/17 rears but I think I'm going to have issues with the rear fenders. Lately, I've been considering 215/40/17 front and 235/40/17 rear.

I'm also holding off on ordering spacers until i can get the wheels and tires on the car to see what I need.

Any suggestions?
                            M Contours are actually ET41 front and rear. The 245's are possible, you'll just need to roll the rear lips well. The 225's shouldn't be any problem, as long as you are planning on dealing with oversized tire issues (plastic liner rubbing, etc). I know you had 25" tires on your old car, so you should be well aware of any challenges.

If it were my choice, I'd run something like 235/40/17 F 245/35/17 R. Both of these sizes will be MUCH easier to fit without rubbing, as they are way closer to stock tire diameters. Your idea of 215/235 is also perfectly valid, I'm just giving you the option of maintaining the steamroller widths.

-Jay

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
                              M Contours are actually ET41 front and rear. The 245's are possible, you'll just need to roll the rear lips well. The 225's shouldn't be any problem, as long as you are planning on dealing with oversized tire issues (plastic liner rubbing, etc). I know you had 25" tires on your old car, so you should be well aware of any challenges.

If it were my choice, I'd run something like 235/40/17 F 245/35/17 R. Both of these sizes will be MUCH easier to fit without rubbing, as they are way closer to stock tire diameters. Your idea of 215/235 is also perfectly valid, I'm just giving you the option of maintaining the steamroller widths.

-Jay

Thanks Jay, much appreciated!
                              Originally posted by Simon S
                              When a dream is a dream for too long - it becomes a fantasy..

Comment

Wheel Size: 17X7
                                40mm Offset
                                Universal Bolt Pattern: 4X100 & 4x114.3

will i be able to run ie3s with these wheels? or will h&r sport work better?

i have them with i think a 15mm spacer, with 215/45/17 g-force kdws all around

also with wutever springs i go with, wut is the widest tire size that would work?
                                Check out Undr8d Empire on Facebook: www.facebook.com/Undr8dEmpireLlc

INSTAGRAM: @UNDR8D_EMPIRE

Scarlet V2 - #Project333Ti by @castromotorsport, @kingsautobodyshop, @bimmerheads, @hardmotorsport, @excel_motorsports & @mateomotorsports - http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=371356

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Working...
                                X