Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• flamesone
    replied
    Hey fellas, I have a 88 325iC, and am looking at some 17x8 et20 style 32's to run with the bloxsports 20mm 5 lug adapters. The car will be lowered on coilovers. I have 2 questions.

1.) Will the 17x8 et20 style 32's work with 20mm 5 lug adapters?

2.) What tire sizes will work with this combo? (I was thinking 215/40/17) Not really looking for the stretched look.

Leave a comment:

• jbontke
    replied
    Originally posted by Didgeridoo View Post
    so im looking to buy larger basketweaves, in particular the 15x7 or 15x7.5 basketweaves, im seeing them with a 27mm, 41mm, and 45mm offset.

recently lowered my E30 on bilstein B8s with H&R sports. im wondering if i put 225s on either of those rims, what offset would be recommended and would it work with a ride height that's about 1.75" lower than stock?
    The 41mm and 45mm offsets wont work for you. I believe those are for the ix. 27mm is what you are looking for. I have seen people run 225 width tires, but they don't have very low ride height unless they start pulling the fenders. And many of these wheels are 0 to 15mm offset to move the wheel away form the inside of the car/suspension to make more room for the tire. You may have to run a spacer with the 27mm offset to keep the 225 from rubbing the shock.

Before you settle on tire size, see what is available in the width you want. To get close to the OEM height tire in a wide width, you run into limitations on tire selections. I find that to get a wide tire that closely matches the OEM height usually results in more racing compounds or ultra high performance soft tires that don't perform well in the cold or rain. And those tires are $$$. I daily my e30 so this is important. If not, the soft sticky tires will be fun. Going to a 16" wheel the tire selection is worse.

A few resources to help out:
    Tire size comparison the easy way. Use our tire size comparison calculator to compare diameter, width, sidewall, circumference and revolutions per mile.

Leave a comment:

• Didgeridoo
    replied
    so im looking to buy larger basketweaves, in particular the 15x7 or 15x7.5 basketweaves, im seeing them with a 27mm, 41mm, and 45mm offset.

recently lowered my E30 on bilstein B8s with H&R sports. im wondering if i put 225s on either of those rims, what offset would be recommended and would it work with a ride height that's about 1.75" lower than stock?

Leave a comment:

• hteverow
    replied
    I'm interested in getting some of the 16x7 Maxilite Alpina replicas for my 1993 E30 318i Touring. They are ET28 with a 4x100 bolt pattern. I would most likely put on 205/50/R16s on them, a square set-up all around. Would these rub, or require spacers, or any other modifications? Would they retain the nice stock handling of my current 4x100 14" basketweaves?

Leave a comment:

• Papastan
    replied
    Hi all, I’m looking at some new wheels for my 90’ 318is, the JNC 004, 15x8 et20. I don’t know much about what fits and what doesn’t for the e30, both in terms of rim specs and tire combinations. I’m looking for a flush fit with a nice tire, no stretch, it goes without saying something that won’t rub. What are my best options, for this size rim to sit flush with a nice tire?

thanks,
    Niko.

Leave a comment:

• Cloudpath
    replied
    Got it, thanks.

Leave a comment:

• Staszek
    replied
    Originally posted by Cloudpath View Post

Thanks for the reply. Would that be rubbing on the front or rear? Inside or outside? Only at full lock?

Trying to decide between 225s or 215s...
    Both, rubbing on the outside. You could probably get away with 225 with a fender roll, mine were not rolled.

Leave a comment:

• Cloudpath
    replied
    Originally posted by Staszek View Post

I can give you 100% confirmation that it will have a slight rub unless you are at stock height on a coupe. I cant tell on a vert though but I would think the front would be the exact same where I had a very slight rub (car dropped).
    Thanks for the reply. Would that be rubbing on the front or rear? Inside or outside? Only at full lock?

Trying to decide between 225s or 215s...

Leave a comment:

• Staszek
    replied
    Originally posted by Cloudpath View Post
    Can anyone give 100% confirmation 225/45/16 will fit all around without rubbing on an '87 325i cabrio on filled/drilled 16x8 et23 BBS style 5's without using either spacers or rolling fenders, running BC coilovers? Or do I need to go 215/45/16?
    I can give you 100% confirmation that it will have a slight rub unless you are at stock height on a coupe. I cant tell on a vert though but I would think the front would be the exact same where I had a very slight rub (car dropped).

Leave a comment:

• Cloudpath
    replied
    Can anyone give 100% confirmation 225/45/16 will fit all around without rubbing on an '87 325i cabrio on filled/drilled 16x8 et23 BBS style 5's without using either spacers or rolling fenders, running BC coilovers? Or do I need to go 215/45/16?
    Last edited by Cloudpath; 01-25-2021, 12:35 PM.

Leave a comment:

• jbontke
    replied
    Originally posted by Von Soman View Post
    1990 325i, koni SA, e30m3 springs, " garagistic CAE offset V2" with Ronal R10 7 x 15 et28 and 225 50 15. I am running 14" bottle caps and skinny 185 tires and in turn in i almost rub the inner well plastic. It looks like a bigger wheel and tires would be a problem.
    I used a 16x8 wheel with +18 offset. It needed 10mm spacer to move the wheel out and barely clear the strut tube. I think your wheel has too much positive offset and you need to move them out with a spacer. Washers are an easy way to determine that.

Leave a comment:

• Von Soman
    replied
    1990 325i, koni SA, e30m3 springs, " garagistic CAE offset V2" with Ronal R10 7 x 15 et28 and 225 50 15. I am running 14" bottle caps and skinny 185 tires and in turn in i almost rub the inner well plastic. It looks like a bigger wheel and tires would be a problem.

Leave a comment:

• jbontke
    replied
    Many of the R3V stickies are dated at the beginning. They need relevant info form the posts updated in the beginning. I would post in the sub-form body.

Leave a comment:

• BigL
    replied
    This sticky dead? I see lots of question no answers. Newbie here. Searched about post 1-150 and still don’t have answers. And doesn’t see anyone answering questions

Leave a comment:

• Xelo
    replied
    Hi guys,

I'm planning on "spaceing" my original 15" basketweaves (205/55/R15 7J ET24), looking for a flush / fatty fitment.
    As I measured, I would need 10mm spacer for the front and 20mm in the back - for the tire (not the rim, as it will sit much more inside the wheel well) to be flush with the arches. As my car is not considerably low (just Eibach springs), I would be having about 5-7cm (2-3inches) before tyre would do any rubbing (this should be considered car bouncing over hops), do you think this would work ? I would be rolling with ET14 on the front and ET4 in the back.

I really need to keep the wheel/tyre size as police do regularly checks and this comprises with that fatty fitment I want, too. Just need some info if someone else is rolling with ET4 in the back without stretched tyres.

Thanks !

Leave a comment:

Working...
X