Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 95///M3 View Post
    Jay,

IE Stg 3, 16x8 e35 BBS RC, 15mm spacers. Currently running a Yokohama 225/45/16 that looks to be discontinued.

Any recommendations?
    Search out another 225/45, or run 215/45, or 205/50. Choices are slimming in all 3 unfortunately.

Comment

Originally posted by BTG View Post
      Hey guys. First time poster and first time e30 owner here. I just picked up a 1991 318is that is bone stock, so I'm starting from scratch on this thing.
      I'm going with 40mm lowering springs and the e90 drop hat in the front for about a 2" drop and just a 40mm (1.5") drop in the rear (all ordered, here soon hopefully). I already have some 225 50 15's for the rear, not sure about the front yet, maybe 205 50 15 for a staggered look? My question for you guys is: I'm pretty set on ordering Diamond Racing Pro Street steelies, 7" front and 8" rear. The 7" doesn't have a lot of offest options, 0 is the highest you can go, and the rear works in increments of 12 (-12, 0, +12). Does anyone have any experience with them? I've read they need spacers in the front to clear the caliper bracket, which would throw my offset calcs off. I want a really flush look without too much camber or dinking around. I don't mind rolling fenders, I just want the car to sit pretty and still be driveable. Thanks for reading!
      Your rear tires are huge, and will limit you. You need +25 offset wheels to fit those, and you won't have the fitment you're looking for.

I'd go 15x7 +0 15x8 +12, 195/50 205/50. Fender rolling needed.

Comment

Originally posted by infanterene View Post
        I just had spec e30 suspension installed on my car(I love it!!!). I also have some 17" BBS RC090 that I was going to use when I had the M3.

Can I use these wheels with 18mm adapters? What size tire should I use. I am not crazy about stretching the tires but these are my street wheels , so if I have too I will.

Thanks!
        Guys are running 205/40s and 18mm adapters, but it's still very aggressive IMO. Would likely rub even with a fender roll.

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
          Guys are running 205/40s and 18mm adapters, but it's still very aggressive IMO. Would likely rub even with a fender roll.
          Thanks for the quick response. How about if I fill and drill?
          I'm not a real car guy :(

Comment

I picked up a staggered set of RC 009 (17x8 et 10) and RC 010 ((17x9et 19) CB 72.6 off an E31) recently and didn't dawn on me to check if they will be able to fit the E30 first. I'm currently on reg 4 lug. Would I be able to run these with adapters, if so what do I need(Adapter and tire specs if applicable)?
            Last edited by 325_e30; 05-02-2014, 11:38 AM.
            Looking for a 3.46 or lower LSD. Lets make a deal.
            LSx e36TI coming soon
            Originally posted by s0urce
            Man, she'd be so easy to rape

Comment

IX stock suspension
              15x7 et25
              15mm spacer

what tire size should I run 225/55/15 (would like to go with this), 215/55/15, 225/50/15 or 205/55/15?
              Last edited by GT BMW E30; 05-03-2014, 01:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by infanterene View Post
                Thanks for the quick response. How about if I fill and drill?
                That works with a 215/40 fine.

Comment

Originally posted by 325_e30 View Post
                  I picked up a staggered set of RC 009 (17x8 et 10) and RC 010 ((17x9et 19) CB 72.6 off an E31) recently and didn't dawn on me to check if they will be able to fit the E30 first. I'm currently on reg 4 lug. Would I be able to run these with adapters, if so what do I need(Adapter and tire specs if applicable)?
                  You got the rarest Style 5s in existence, but also the absolute worst to try to fit onto a 4-lug E30. They straight up won't work.

Comment

Originally posted by gt bmw e30 View Post
                    ix stock suspension
                    15x7 et25
                    15mm spacer

what tire size should i run 225/55/15 (would like to go with this), 215/55/15, 225/50/15 or 205/55/15?
                    Maybe a 195/50 plus a fender roll? That's beyond what an iX should be fitted.

Comment

talk about dedication to help, appreciate you sticking to this for so long!

now my turn =)

older model e30. drift car.

• I want to run 235/45/17's tires the whole way around. (because i have them but don't mind doing a 215 front)
                      • I also want to put an SLR speed lock kit in later (so adding extra 20mm or so each side?)
                      • Not fussed on being ''super low''
                      • Don't mind rolling and slight pumping of fenders.

What wheels size would you recommend?

from what i gathered I've come to a 17 x 8 et 5 (front) and a 17 x 8 et 25 (rear)

thoughts?

Thanks
                      sigpic
                      http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=322351

Comment

I am still making noob decisions. lol So no need for spacers. 195/50 should fit. what about stock size 205/55? I been searching for euro weaves fitment on an IX for more insight.

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
                        Maybe a 195/50 plus a fender roll? That's beyond what an iX should be fitted.

Comment

Originally posted by drift e302 View Post
                          talk about dedication to help, appreciate you sticking to this for so long!

now my turn =)

older model e30. drift car.

• I want to run 235/45/17's tires the whole way around. (because i have them but don't mind doing a 215 front)
                          • I also want to put an SLR speed lock kit in later (so adding extra 20mm or so each side?)
                          • Not fussed on being ''super low''
                          • Don't mind rolling and slight pumping of fenders.

What wheels size would you recommend?

from what i gathered I've come to a 17 x 8 et 5 (front) and a 17 x 8 et 25 (rear)

thoughts?

Thanks
                          They're just too tall to fit the front without hacking out the fenders. Rears are possible with the +25 wheels, being fairly high, and fender pulling.

Overall, 17x8 +25 all around makes more sense. You can run a 235/40 front to get turn-in grip.

Comment

Originally posted by GT BMW E30 View Post
                            I am still making noob decisions. lol So no need for spacers. 195/50 should fit. what about stock size 205/55? I been searching for euro weaves fitment on an IX for more insight.
                            No spacers is better. 205/55 can work like this.

Comment

Anyone have pictures of 16x8 with 205/50r16 and 215/50r16?
                              sigpic
                              87 325e DD--93 318is s50--07 3.0 X5 wifes

Comment

Will 15x7 iX ET41 wheels fit a non ix without spacers ?
                                If spacers are needed - what size ?

Thanks
                                1989 325iX Zinnoberrot/Black 65k miles

Comment

Working...
                                X