Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So I impulsively bought a set of CCW's today that I got a for a good price, I need to make serveral adjustments to get the fitment just right. So please do help. Mind you the car is being fitted with airride.

16x8.5 +19 3.0 lip front 3.5 lip +13 rear

Now my question is, what size spacer should I run, tire size. I can source new barrels or lips if really needed so please do advice lol. I'm trying to go as aggressive as possible before having to pull fenders lol. Don't mind rolling.

Comment

Need help.. Wanting to get these bbs rs. Front 15x9 et38 and rear 15x9.5 et38. The wheela currently have 175/50. I am lowered on bilstein springs. Would I need a 20mm spacing for front and rear to clear?

Comment

318is 91

Comment

Any guidance on where the pinch point is when running 255's on the front end of an e30 using an e36 strut conversion and DS2 wheels?

Comment

16x7.5ET55 what do?

I have a set of 16x7.5et55 if my measurements are correct I know with the 205/55/16 tires that were on them the fit with a 5mm spacer in the front I want to ditch the balloon tires and get something wider and lower profile like 215/45 or 205/45 if I have to. There doesn't seem to be much selection tire wise for what I want to do. The car is on stock suspension for now so for now I'm really trying to figure out what tires and spacers I'm gonna wanna run to put the wheels out nice with the fender. Any insight would be great I know my wheels are not ideal offset but I'm planning on 90mm studs to be able to space men where I need to

Car is a early model
            Shawn @ Bimmerbuddies
            Bimmerbuddies LLC
            717-388-1256
            2971a Roundtop Rd, Middletown PA 17057
            bimmerbuddiesllc@gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by BuBzDub View Post
              1987 325e, Megan Coilovers. I want 16x8 et20 and for tires 225/50/16. How will I get this to fit etc and what are your opinons. Thank you!
              Won't work without rubbing. 225/45/16 is better, or 205/50/16.

Comment

Originally posted by ncsubowen View Post
                1987 325e, I saw previously that 15mm front and 20mm rear spacers were ideal for stock weaves, just trying to figure out what this bore thing is? 57.1 is the listed on some spacers that I found - http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-20mm-2-15m...-/151224661948
                Buy 57.1mm spacers.

Comment

Originally posted by Edirtyy808 View Post
                  16x8 +11 offset. How much more inner barrel can I add before hitting anything in the front and back?
                  0.5" front, 1.25" rear.

Comment

Originally posted by THEhomelessONE View Post
                    Okay giving up on 245, what about 225/50/16 re11's on 16x8/9 +25 all around? have 3mm and 5mm spacers laying around too. Thanks Mystikal!
                    Nope.

Comment

Originally posted by rjohs View Post
                      After browsing this thread, this seems like too basic a question, but here it goes...

Stock 91 325i cabriolet with 14 inch basket weaves - can I use 195/70r14 without any clearance issues? I guess the speedo will be off due to the taller sidewall.

A friend has a new set of Pirelli 195/70r14 that he is giving away, thought I could run these in the winter.

thanks,
                      Rich
                      Might scrub the wheel well a bit in parking lots, otherwise fine. Assuming the car isn't drastically lowered.

Comment

Originally posted by Paradox View Post
                        Need some help.

1988 BMW 325ic
                        15x7 Riken Turbo ET-17 + 18mm adapters total -35?

Want to know if it will clear the brake calipers. Thinking of doing a test fit first before buying these bad boys.

I calculate the wheels poking out 1.07" am I right? I am thinking about using 195 45 15 or 205 50 15. Suggestions please
                        Way too low of an offset.

Comment

Originally posted by HarryPotter View Post
                          I am running 195/45/16's on my e38 style 5's with the 42 draft design adapters. At my current ride height I don't think I could fit anything wider on the wheels. I need tires for the rear since they are shot to shit.

They want 130+ at a tire places and need to order them in for the 195/45's. Obviously it is not a common tire. I don't really want to spend 260 dollars for two tires that are gunna be garbage in 6 months due to the excessive camber.

Is there any combination of a 205 that would be similar to the 195/45s?

I only know basics about tires and not exactly sure how all the dimensions equal out.

Just need something more common that isn't very wide.

Thanks.

Lots of cheap tire choices in 195/45/16: www.onlinetires.com I'd recommend the $50 Federals.

Comment

Originally posted by Reubenjd View Post
                            Hello, looking at a set of wheels to replace my stock bottle caps, and the set I have kind of decided on are staggered 16x8 et18 front, 16x9 et20 rear. Suspension wise it is on billy sports and some sport springs for about 1 1/2" drop all around. What tires would you reccomend? Not against rolling the fenders at all.
                            Thanks in advance!
                            Any combo of:
                            F: 195/50, 205/45, 215/45
                            R: 205/45, 215/45, 225/40

The 225 rears need a roll, otherwise it should fit fine.

Comment

Originally posted by leRodrigoCruz View Post
                              So I impulsively bought a set of CCW's today that I got a for a good price, I need to make serveral adjustments to get the fitment just right. So please do help. Mind you the car is being fitted with airride.

16x8.5 +19 3.0 lip front 3.5 lip +13 rear

Now my question is, what size spacer should I run, tire size. I can source new barrels or lips if really needed so please do advice lol. I'm trying to go as aggressive as possible before having to pull fenders lol. Don't mind rolling.
                              Depends on how much clearance your front bags need, and how much camber you're going to run. The wheels are already close to ideal, I'd bag the car first then see where you're at for spacing. 195/45 front 205/45 rear.

Comment

Originally posted by pbmig View Post
                                Need help.. Wanting to get these bbs rs. Front 15x9 et38 and rear 15x9.5 et38. The wheela currently have 175/50. I am lowered on bilstein springs. Would I need a 20mm spacing for front and rear to clear?
                                25mm front and rear. Would recommend 195/50 tires.

Comment

Working...
                                X