Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SmokeE30 View Post
    I have a set of 16x7.5et55 if my measurements are correct I know with the 205/55/16 tires that were on them the fit with a 5mm spacer in the front I want to ditch the balloon tires and get something wider and lower profile like 215/45 or 205/45 if I have to. There doesn't seem to be much selection tire wise for what I want to do. The car is on stock suspension for now so for now I'm really trying to figure out what tires and spacers I'm gonna wanna run to put the wheels out nice with the fender. Any insight would be great I know my wheels are not ideal offset but I'm planning on 90mm studs to be able to space men where I need to

Car is a early model
    205/50, 205/45, 215/45, 225/45. Your offset measurement is wrong for sure though.

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
      25mm front and rear. Would recommend 195/50 tires.
      thanks man! I woudln't need any fender pulling or rolling yeah?
      Last edited by Mystikal; 05-29-2014, 09:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by pbmig View Post
        thanks man! I woudln't need any fender pulling or rolling yeah?
        Rear roll, yeah

Comment

So I changed my mind, I'm going 16x9 et15 what sounds better 205/50/16 or 215/50/16

Comment

My fenders were rolled to fit 235/40r17 with 17x8 et25. How bad will 225/50r16's be on 16x8.5 et14-19ish and 16x9 et18?

Edit: what about 215/50r16's?

Thanks, Jay
            Last edited by lambo; 05-29-2014, 05:57 PM.

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
            Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Originally posted by BuBzDub View Post
              So I changed my mind, I'm going 16x9 et15 what sounds better 205/50/16 or 215/50/16
              3mm front spacers for most suspension setups. 205/45 or 215/40.

Comment

Originally posted by lambo View Post
                My fenders were rolled to fit 235/40r17 with 17x8 et25. How bad will 225/50r16's be on 16x8.5 et14-19ish and 16x9 et18?

Edit: what about 215/50r16's?

Thanks, Jay
                Undriveable with the 225s, occasional rubbing with the 215s. Would highly recommend 215/45.

Comment

255/40/17 with flares. They will apparently fit, but:
                  1. Will I have to change diff ratio to compensate for the slightly increased rolling diameter, and
                  2. Will it be undriveable with no power steering and an E36 rack

-edit-
                  Also, will 235/40/17 fit on unrolled fenders on my 1990 iS? They should be what, like a 30 something offset? Or will I have to roll
                  Last edited by econti; 06-01-2014, 07:48 PM.
                  sigpic

(clicky on piccy to get to thread)

Comment

Hi Jay,
                    I currently have a stock suspension on an 89 vert and I want to run a staggered set of ESM-003s
                    I dont really want to roll fender lips.
                    ET: 25mm
                    Front: 17x7
                    Rear: 17x8.5

Will I need spacers?

What Tires can I run?

Can I even think about a small drop in height or changing tire diameter to fill the wheel wells?

Thanks
                    Bruce
                    89 e30 white vert
                    88 e30 Red vert
                    2003 330i sedan
                    2011 E93 335is
                    2007 Z4Si (gone)

Comment

Originally posted by econti View Post
                      255/40/17 with flares. They will apparently fit, but:
                      1. Will I have to change diff ratio to compensate for the slightly increased rolling diameter, and
                      2. Will it be undriveable with no power steering and an E36 rack

-edit-
                      Also, will 235/40/17 fit on unrolled fenders on my 1990 iS? They should be what, like a 30 something offset? Or will I have to roll
                      1. No
                      2. No

235/40 will only fit without a roll with staggered wheel offsets (17x8 +25 front +30 rear).

Comment

Originally posted by BruceJ View Post
                        Hi Jay,
                        I currently have a stock suspension on an 89 vert and I want to run a staggered set of ESM-003s
                        I dont really want to roll fender lips.
                        ET: 25mm
                        Front: 17x7
                        Rear: 17x8.5

Will I need spacers?

What Tires can I run?

Can I even think about a small drop in height or changing tire diameter to fill the wheel wells?

Thanks
                        Bruce
                        205/40 front, 215/40 rear. Should clear without rolling or spacers.

Once you drop it you will likely need a minor rear roll. Very minor.

Comment

Currently running Borbet 15x7 et 25. Would a 15 x7 et 38 work. If so, what tire size would do well. 91 318is, non rolled fenders, Bilsteins and H&R. Thanks in advance.

Also, would these et 38 rims transfer to a 1976 BMW 2002. Currently running 15 x 7 et 20. Suspension is Ireland Engineering Stage 1.

Comment

Originally posted by FL318is View Post
                            Currently running Borbet 15x7 et 25. Would a 15 x7 et 38 work. If so, what tire size would do well. 91 318is, non rolled fenders, Bilsteins and H&R. Thanks in advance.

Also, would these et 38 rims transfer to a 1976 BMW 2002. Currently running 15 x 7 et 20. Suspension is Ireland Engineering Stage 1.
                            No and no. Spacers for both.

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
                              1. No
                              2. No

235/40 will only fit without a roll with staggered wheel offsets (17x8 +25 front +30 rear).
                              Great, thanks.
                              To run same offset all round with a roll, +30 is what I should run?
                              sigpic

(clicky on piccy to get to thread)

Comment

Jay, tricky question

I have a set of wheels under my bed.
                                vw fitment 5 x 100. minor issue.

17x10j et32
                                17x8.5 et35
                                what would it take to fit these on an e30 late model?
                                I have a selection of hammers and grinders and I'm not afraid to use them

what is the best way out?

P.s.
                                tx for the great thread, trying to get through it all
                                200 pages to go

Comment

Working...
                                X