Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Steve Corbett View Post
    Oops, 15X8 ET 40. After looking for available tires I wish they were 16's.
    Same thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
      Quick question, I am looking for a similiar stretch, going from 16x9 (215/40/16) to a 16x8. I am leaning towards a 205/45/16 to achieve a similiar look, but reading the specs on tire rack, the overall diameter appears that I will increase the overall diameter by a little bit. Not a terrible thing imo, the 215/40/16 felt a little short anyways. Does the 205 45 seem like a good move?
      Yes, I recommend 205/45 most often as a 16" tire. The 215/40s are a bit short of optimal. The stretch won't look ANYTHING like before though, you would need 195/45s for that.

Comment

Originally posted by funcrew View Post
        Thanks! Update: Used 10mm hubcentric spacers, which required slightly re-contouring the bevel at the edge of the hubcentric part of the hub to kill a wobble condition. Anyway, now there's ~5mm clearance between the tire sidewall and the strut. I don't think a 5mm spacer would have done it. Fender clearance not a problem, but I have HR/OE sport springs which are taller than what most guys are running.
        No problem. Yes, 10mm spacers often have that issue which is why I try to recommend either 5mm or 12mm as spacers between those sizes will usually have fitment issues.

15x8 +22 used to be a common size for E30 track wheels, as well as +20 today. You have lots of clearance.

Comment

Originally posted by dannyyisntt View Post
          17x9 et38 square, will need to run adapters. Late model on Fortune Auto coilovers.

What am I looking at to get a semi flush look with these?
          30mm adapters and 205/40 tires.

Comment

Originally posted by aworthybrother View Post
            Hi Jay,

What size of spacer and tires would you recommend:
            16x7.5 et35
            1989 vert with M3 springs

I am currently running 15x7.5 et 25 and would like to maintain the same look but with a 16x7.5 rims. Thank you!
            12-15mm spacers all around with 205/50/16 tires.

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
              12-15mm spacers all around with 205/50/16 tires.
              Thanks... Can i run 20mm spacer with no rubbing? My fenders are not rolled

Comment

OK, So 15x8's ET40 with 20mm spacers, what is a recommended tire size? Looks a little slim on choices. Not looking to track this one.
                sigpic
                Steve Corbett
                1983 528E Scrapped
                1983 528E Sold
                1984 745I
                1984 325E - Sold
                1989 325I Bronzit-Sold
                1989 325I Zinno
                1988 635CSI

Comment

I have a set of borbet type h 15x7 et25mm

Just trying to figure out what size hub rings I need.. I know the measurements go from a 64mm cb to a 57.1mm hub but I wanted to figure where I should buy the rings (heard don't go through tire rack or discount tire direct) and if spacers would be needed. Still a bit of a noob when it comes to wheel fitment
                  sigpic"God made cars to be RWD and standard"

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
                    30mm adapters and 205/40 tires.

Much appreciated
                    sigpic

Comment

Goal: Not to roll my fenders
                      Car: 85 eta
                      Suspension: HR Race and Billy Sports
                      Desired wheel size: 17"
                      Question: How wide of wheels can I fit without fender modification? I've seen people stuff 17x8 front and 17x9 rear. I am going for square setup, so maybe 17x8 front and rear? Then leads the question, recommended tire size? And which offset of wheel should i shoot for?

Thanks ahead of time Jay!

Comment

OK, So 15x8's ET40 with 20mm spacers, what is a recommended tire size? Looks a little slim on choices. Not looking to track this one.
                        Non-official answer: For a fat fitment in a non-grippy compound, I would use the 225-50-15 Kumho Ecsta AST. $81 shipped from discounttiredirect.com. This size looks amazing on E30's unless you like the poke/stance look, in which case you would hate it. Almost identical diameter as the OEM pizza cutters. Do a google image search for E30 225-50-15 and you will see what I mean.
                        "If the sky were to fall tomorrow, the tall would die first."

-Dr. Paul Forrester

Do I LOOK like I need a psychological evaluation???

Comment

I just got some 17x9 et22 str 518, what would be a good tire size to run all around the cah?
                          Originally posted by dvck
                          I'm going to say this nicely; go fuck yourself.

Comment

I was confused, I remeasured my rs' s and they are 16x7.5, not 16x8. Was shooting for 205/45/16, but I better rethink the plan now, lol. Im not looking for a square sidewall, I want a moderate stretch, nothing silly. Should I bump it back to a 195?
                            Supatek -noun - your basic know it all

Comment

Originally posted by aworthybrother View Post
                              Thanks... Can i run 20mm spacer with no rubbing? My fenders are not rolled
                              Yes, but with a 205/45 tire.

Comment

205/50 or 205/55

Comment

Working...
                                X