Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ryan1642 View Post
    I'm trying to fit 25mm offset wheels on an IX. with maybe 215 size wheels. the wheels are apex arc-8's. And I wasnt able to find any other style 29 wheels in a higher offset. Would these be able to fit without alot of rubbing?
    That's a very tight fit. 205s would work for sure, 215/40s may require some rolling inside the arches.

Comment

Originally posted by brutus87 View Post
      Looking on tire rack for 205/55 15, and there are 3...3! tire choices for that size. I was hoping to get something besides yokohama s drives since my last set didnt last very long at all.

Yikes.

Besides the yoko s drive and DZ102, what does R3v recommend?

Car:m20 daily driver, nothing crazy.
      Been talking about this with a few E30 guys recently. The 15" 24" diameter tire selection is disappearing before our eyes. Give the DZ102 a try, that's my plan for next season also (my 225/50 Hankook R-S2s, which I loved, are finally bald). They're not spectacular at all but you really don't have a choice.

Comment

Originally posted by jules325i View Post
        Looking to put some serious rubber on the ground on my track car,
        Looking to run 245/45/16 toyo R888 all round, on a 16x9 et20 please let me know the issues I have 10mm and 15mm spacers at the ready, my guards are rolled and are going to get pumped. My car is running H&R race springs.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/16X9-JNC-...241032d&_uhb=1
        You will need the 10mm spacers for the front, none on the rear. All 4 fenders will need to be rolled and pulled out a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by TimeMachinE30 View Post
          AC Schnitzer Type IIIs? Are they OE to an X5? I can't find much definitive information. 4x100 adapters make 18x9 work?

Def not X5 OE. Need to get the offset of the wheels. Also fairly certain they were never made in 18x9 (18x8.5 for sure).

Comment

How's it going mystikal.

I have a late model 91 318is with full ground control coilovers shortened 2". I just refinished a set of 17x8 et20 rc090 (style 5). I had them filled and redrilled and already have my hubcentric rings.

I am looking for a nice clean stance but nothin extreme. All info I have found on r3v are those who are running adapters. Based on their look, I was thinking 15mm all around or 10mm all around. Or, which what do you recommend and also what tire size? Any fender roll required?

Thank you in advance dude !

Comment

Originally posted by bmbarnum View Post
              How's it going mystikal.

I have a late model 91 318is with full ground control coilovers shortened 2". I just refinished a set of 17x8 et20 rc090 (style 5). I had them filled and redrilled and already have my hubcentric rings.

I am looking for a nice clean stance but nothin extreme. All info I have found on r3v are those who are running adapters. Based on their look, I was thinking 15mm all around or 10mm all around. Or, which what do you recommend and also what tire size? Any fender roll required?

Thank you in advance dude !
              If you have adjustable front camber and set them to something nice like -2 or more, 10mm all around with 205/40 tires would work well. Just a minor rear roll needed.

Comment

Whats the biggest tire i can put on my 16x8 et20 and 16x9 et15 without fender rolling. Sitting on jstock suspension.

Other question, whats the the biggest tire i can put on the same setup, with the jstock suspension, WITH fender rolling

Comment

Just making sure:
                  15x8, 225/50/15s, stock fenders... ET15 should mean no rubbing, yeah? I'm not stancespec low
                  sigpic

(clicky on piccy to get to thread)

Comment

I have 16x7's and they are wrapped in a 205/45/16. There is also a 3mm spacer to keep it off the strut in the front. I would like to go to a 205/50/16, will everything stay the same because I want some more meatz :)

Here is a pic, I am going to paint them a metallic anthracite grey I think, I don't like chrome a lot just personal preference. And I have no idea what the are I took the centers out they were hideous.

I would also like to add my car has not been lowered but I do plan to do so. I think with these wheels I will have to roll the rear fenders because they are going to touch. And is it possible to maybe run a 225 50 on the rear for a stance? It seems the 225 tire is around .60 taller.
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by Bullhead; 09-16-2014, 04:36 AM.
                    sigpic87 325E The Honey Badger

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
                      Def not X5 OE. Need to get the offset of the wheels. Also fairly certain they were never made in 18x9 (18x8.5 for sure).
                      Damn. Gone. The set of take-offs were $500.
                      ACS S3 Build / Dinan 5 E34

Comment

Originally posted by pbmig View Post
                        Whats the biggest tire i can put on my 16x8 et20 and 16x9 et15 without fender rolling. Sitting on jstock suspension.

Other question, whats the the biggest tire i can put on the same setup, with the jstock suspension, WITH fender rolling
                        205/45 all around. Will probably still rub in the back a bit.

225/45 front, 215/45 rear. I know you wouldn't do this, but that's the maximum that would fit.

Comment

Originally posted by econti View Post
                          Just making sure:
                          15x8, 225/50/15s, stock fenders... ET15 should mean no rubbing, yeah? I'm not stancespec low
                          That wouldn't fit at all, 205/50s are needed.

Comment

Originally posted by Bullhead View Post
                            I have 16x7's and they are wrapped in a 205/45/16. There is also a 3mm spacer to keep it off the strut in the front. I would like to go to a 205/50/16, will everything stay the same because I want some more meatz :)

Here is a pic, I am going to paint them a metallic anthracite grey I think, I don't like chrome a lot just personal preference. And I have no idea what the are I took the centers out they were hideous.

I would also like to add my car has not been lowered but I do plan to do so. I think with these wheels I will have to roll the rear fenders because they are going to touch. And is it possible to maybe run a 225 50 on the rear for a stance? It seems the 225 tire is around .60 taller.
                            Burn them with fire!

To fit them properly you need $200 worth of spacers and bolts. Just use that money towards wheels that fit and don't look like that. :)

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
                              205/45 all around. Will probably still rub in the back a bit.

225/45 front, 215/45 rear. I know you wouldn't do this, but that's the maximum that would fit.
                              Hmm, i see. I forgot to mention the previous owner changed the stock spring pads to a thicker one, but i forgot the length. You think i can run 205/45 front 215/40 back without rolling? How about with rolling, do you think 205/45 215/45 would be an ideal setup? Thanks man, i really appreciate your professional help.

What I can only confirm from the previous owner is that the stock spring pad would scrape scrape with every speed bump, and the thicker ones have no problems with any speed bumps.
                              Last edited by pbmig; 09-16-2014, 02:47 PM.

Comment

What setup would you all recommend with a 225 50 16 tire. I was thinking of going 205/50/16 in the front and 225/50/16 in the back because I can get the same brand and style tie but it looks like the 225 is 3/4" taller and idk how this would look. I have a stock suspension now but plan on doing a lowered stance but not slammed. I would like at least 1 - 1 1/2"s of fender gap and the ability for my shocks to travel. I would also like to run the 50 series sidewalls if I can on the 16's, I like a little meat on my tires. I am already in the process of finding fender roller I can use so the lips will be tucked. I am running a small 5mm spacer and with a 205/50/16 this puts me about 0.5"s from the strut right now. I will have to measure my offset but it's a standard Honda type "uni" wheel I'm sure.
                                sigpic87 325E The Honey Badger

Comment

Working...
                                X