Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jayuuey View Post
    I picked up some 15x8 et5 wheels and they don't clear the front caliper. I see folks posting about et0 fitting fine. Enlighten me please..
    Caliper clearance has everything to do with wheel shape and nothing to do with offset.

Comment

Originally posted by econti View Post
      Then what offset do I need?
      +25 all around with a 5mm front spacer.

Comment

Originally posted by ba4x View Post
        Hello good people

I've tried searching all over for this - maybe I'm missing something, but the info is not adding up in my head.

I have a 1986 325e with stock suspension. Picked up some Team Dynamics Pro Race 1's which are 15x7 et25, with 205/50 tires on them. I did measure the wheels and 25mm offset is accurate. When I put the front wheels on the car and lower the jack, the tires hit the front struts, not allowing the car to lower fully. Looked pretty spooky at first when the car wouldn't come down! I had the jack placed under the front main crossmember.

Any idea why the wheels don't fit? I've read in multiple places that 15x7 et25 is a good fit for the e30. I think maybe some spacers would solve this, but people say you don't need spacers with 15x7 et25, which is why I got these wheels. Is my suspension messed up?

As a side note, the stock bottlecap wheels (14x6?) with 195/65 tires are about 5mm away from hitting the front struts! Can't even fit my finger between the tire and the strut. Isn't that pretty close? Not much room for extra wheel/tire width. For the back wheels there is more room, maybe 30mm between the tire sidewall and the strut.

Follow up question: If indeed spacers are needed in the front to clear stock suspension, are they needed for after market suspension (such as H&R + Bilsteins)? Planning to upgrade in a few months, so I could probably skip the spacers for now, if that's the case.

Thanks so much for any advice, this thread is rad.
        Sounds like the front struts and/or spindles are bent. There should be clearance.

Comment

Originally posted by BruceJ View Post
          Hi Jay,
          I'm in a bone stock 89 325ic. Might lower 1" at later date. Don't really want to roll fenders.... but I'll do what I need to.
          Looking at 15x8 et20 (esm011's)

what tires can I run without rubbing?
          spacers?
          What happens if I drop it?

Thanks!

Would 205/55's work? Thanks
          205/50s are the better choice. 205/55 is too tall for the slight stretch on an 8" rim, ends up looking gigantic and bubbly. Also might rub with 55s.

Comment

Originally posted by Rhys View Post
            Hey Jay,

I have a 1987 325is on a H&R cup kit lowering it 2.2" in the front and 1.7" in the rear.

The wheels in question are 17" BBS RF.

The fronts are 17X8 ET40, with a final offset of ET15 with the 25mm adapter

For the rears I am leaning towards 17X9 ET 27, with a final offset of ET09 with an 18mm adapter. Or going 17X9.5 ET21 with a final offset of ET03 with 18mm adapter.

My questions are:
            1. what tire size do you recommend, particularly for the rears
            2. What rear rim size/offset do you recommend? I am assuming the 9" ET27 is my best bet
            3. How drastic of a fender roll will I need?

Thanks in advance!

Rhys
            Yup, go 17x9. 205/40 front 215/40 or 225/35 rear. Just a flat rear roll is enough.

Comment

Originally posted by Flipp View Post
              hey there fitment guru's!

i have a 88 325is, i have the fenders rolled and ill be lowered on BC coilovers. im looking at a couple sets of wheels, and need some spacer/tire advice.

1st set:
              16x8 +15 all around

2nd set:
              16x9 +15 all around

im looking to get a fitment like this:

let me know what you guys think, thanks in advance!!
              205/45 with either. No spacers outside of maybe a 5mm for the 16x8 rears.

Comment

Hey Mystikal,

Thinking about 16x8 et20 wheels all around.
                Car is a late model 325is on IE3 springs and konis all around with m3 offset bushings.
                What would be the most tire I can use without rolling/pulling? Fenders are not rolled or pulled.

205/50 or 205/45 or something else? Will all these choices have major stretch? Im trying to avoid that.

Thank you so much. You are a great asset to this community.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
                  Yup, go 17x9. 205/40 front 215/40 or 225/35 rear. Just a flat rear roll is enough.
                  Thanks Jay, you rock!

So you are saying no front fender roll is needed?

Thanks again!

Comment

17x9 et26 in the rear with 20mm adapters? On an early body with fenders rolled flat. Hopeing to fit at least a 215/40.
                    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

hows it going ?!

Im lookin to get new wheels for the girlie and im thinkin xxrs but dont know which ones yet . i do know that im going to be getting 17's but dont really know the difference(if that noticeable) in 17x8.25 or 17x9.75 .. im pretty new to upgrading my car and ive read over a bunch of post but still dont really understand it .. like what is a 17x8.25 +20mm ?! lol ive got an 87 325is with gc coilovers with 2 in off the struts with 450/650 and would very much please like some guidance

Comment

Just got a staggered set of wheels, but i'm a little concerned about the rears. The rear wheels are 17x8.5 et 41. Will these fit on the car? I also need to get adapters, so I will probably be buying the thinnest adapters that 42draftdesigns has available. If somebody could please help me out with these asap, i'd appreciate it!
                        Build Thread

Comment

Mystikal...first off, I appreciate any help you can give in advance...

but, I am going with an m60, so, I want some wide tires to hold the power, also, I'm going with e46 m3 brakes and a 5 lug swap, so, I will need at least 17" wheels.

So, 17" wheels with the widest tire possible. The rear will remain at stock e30 placement, however, the front will be 12mm further outward from stock e30 placement due to the hub adapters.

I can raise the car if need be, but, I'm trying to run a 245 or 255 on the rear and a 235 up front...

what offsets can you recommend and are my tire size goals with 17s out of the question?

My rear fenders are already rolled, fronts can be if needed.

Thank you.

Comment

I'm lining up a set of 16x8 +20s. I'm running a reasonable amount of neg camber (actual amount not known), unrolled guards. Not that low.
                            I should be able to fit 225s all things being equal, yeah?
                            sigpic

(clicky on piccy to get to thread)

Comment

Sorry for the delay guys, was gone to H2Oi for a week.

Originally posted by brutus87 View Post
                              Hey Mystikal,

Thinking about 16x8 et20 wheels all around.
                              Car is a late model 325is on IE3 springs and konis all around with m3 offset bushings.
                              What would be the most tire I can use without rolling/pulling? Fenders are not rolled or pulled.

205/50 or 205/45 or something else? Will all these choices have major stretch? Im trying to avoid that.

Thank you so much. You are a great asset to this community.
                              205/50 should just work. It'll be a minor stretch, more of a bubble.

Comment

Originally posted by Rhys View Post
                                Thanks Jay, you rock!

So you are saying no front fender roll is needed?

Thanks again!
                                Correct!

Comment

Working...
                                X