Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rickaytan View Post
    What spacer sizes would make 15x7 et26 sit flush? I have a late model 318i with 195/55 tires and it's slightly lowered on ground controls.
    No real way to get 7" wheels flush, but they would look better with 15mm front 20mm rear spacers.

Comment

Originally posted by Colby.325e View Post
      I don't know anything about wheels or tires and stuff. So I'll just show you a pic and see if you can "make my car look like this"

The general style discussion forum, as well as a place to post your car, or any car for that matter.

The wheels are

17x8.5 ET 20
      17x10 ET 15

I've ordered Broadway Static coilovers which should be here soon. I want a faily aggressive setup. What tire sizes would you reccomend running on these offsets? Basically, I just want my wheels to fit exactly like this dude.

Any rolling / pulling?

Was gonna make an account on stance and ask the guy, but it's a thread from 2012.
      205/40 front 215/40 rear. Lots of rolling for the rears. I'd go as far as recommending +20 rear instead, it's already a headache of a fitment.

Comment

Hi All,
        One of my first posts! Im in the midst of planning my e30 suspension, tire and wheel setup. nothing is purchased yet. So im open to offset suggestions because as it stands ill probably get them custom made to save the spacers to keep it road legal down here in Aus. Im doing a m50 conversion with a turbo to be added in about two years. Going with BC coilovers. My dream would be a set of 10 or 10.5 wide wheels under the rear. To fit something around the 255-275 mark wide rubber on them. Im thinking a set of KA motors ultrawides will be in order. I also plan on cutting some of the rear arches, hammering the inner guard up and the rewelding them together (seen it done on sedans, can you do it on coupes too?) to give a bit more clearance to fit tires without crazy strech. Id like to keep it on 16 inch wheels but i may have to go up to 17 for tire availability. Any suggestions on what tire size, what wheel width and what offset to go with for the sake of being flush on the ultra wides?
        Thanks,
        Jordan
        Last edited by jordy101; 10-16-2014, 11:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jordy101 View Post
          Hi All,
          One of my first posts! Im in the midst of planning my e30 suspension, tire and wheel setup. nothing is purchased yet. So im open to offset suggestions because as it stands ill probably get them custom made to save the spacers to keep it road legal down here in Aus. Im doing a m50 conversion with a turbo to be added in about two years. Going with BC coilovers. My dream would be a set of 10 or 10.5 wide wheels under the rear. To fit something around the 255-275 mark wide rubber on them. Im thinking a set of KA motors ultrawides will be in order. I also plan on cutting some of the rear arches, hammering the inner guard up and the rewelding them together (seen it done on sedans, can you do it on coupes too?) to give a bit more clearance to fit tires without crazy strech. Id like to keep it on 16 inch wheels but i may have to go up to 17 for tire availability. Any suggestions on what tire size, what wheel width and what offset to go with for the sake of being flush on the ultra wides?
          Thanks,
          Jordan
          Way too many variables with too wide of a range of possibilities here. Once you narrow it down (flares or not, 16s or 17s, etc) I can give you some numbers but as it is I can't really tell you much.

Comment

So ive been literally researching for 2 months about wheels and specs and what not by myself. So lets bite the bullet. My car is a 1991 318is , im lowered on eibachs and stagg shocks, with m3 offset bushings (if that means anything) and right now i have the stock 14" basketweaves 4x100 x 6.5 . I would like to fill the fenders out some more but im not interested in any stance. It seems 16x8 et25 with 225/45/16 will fit but im not sure how well? Will i need spacers? Will i need to stretch? What wheel diamter and width aswell as tire size is reccomended to fill the fenders without any spacing, rubbing, stretching or effecting handling much? I really like the wide tire look and would prefer at least an inch width increase over the stocks. Thanks

Comment

I have a question about wheels / tires fitment for a late model E30 sedan. 5 lug E30 M3 conversion & lowered with aggressive shocks / springs. What's the wides tire I can fit with 17x9s ET25 assuming that I'm willing to roll the fenders?

Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
                Way too many variables with too wide of a range of possibilities here. Once you narrow it down (flares or not, 16s or 17s, etc) I can give you some numbers but as it is I can't really tell you much.
                Lets say ultrawide flares, 17x10's and 275 wide rear tires. What offset would you suggest?
                For the front 17x9's with 245's.
                If you can help at all it would be much appreciated.

Comment

Hi Mystikal,

Thank you once again for all the help to the forum.

Looking for a nice tire size 88 e30 on GC coilovers e36 hubs (nice amount of drop)

17x7.5 et 19 (205/40) ?
                  17x9 et 32 (215/35) ?
                  Last edited by D-rock; 10-18-2014, 11:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Corbett View Post
                    1989 325I Lowered on HR Sports with Bilstein Sports. Picked up a set of 4x100 to 5x120 18mm adapters. I have a couple of 5 series rims that I thought I could use, I added the 18mm instead of subtracting. So I am guessing they will be "Hella Flush" with a ET2? I am assuming most E36 rims will work, starting with around 40mm offset, then spacers netting about 20? Am I looking at this right?
                    Looks like I will be running my '84 325E instead of my '89 325I, so What is the general Rule of thumb for Early and Late model wheel fit? Running HR Sports, Bilstein Sports, 4x100 to 5x120 18mm adapters, What is the difference when run on a Newer Model versus Older Model? i.e. This set up will be Flush on my '89 but will be fine on my 84?
                    sigpic
                    Steve Corbett
                    1983 528E Scrapped
                    1983 528E Sold
                    1984 745I
                    1984 325E - Sold
                    1989 325I Bronzit-Sold
                    1989 325I Zinno
                    1988 635CSI

Comment

Originally posted by 14''BBS View Post
                      So ive been literally researching for 2 months about wheels and specs and what not by myself. So lets bite the bullet. My car is a 1991 318is , im lowered on eibachs and stagg shocks, with m3 offset bushings (if that means anything) and right now i have the stock 14" basketweaves 4x100 x 6.5 . I would like to fill the fenders out some more but im not interested in any stance. It seems 16x8 et25 with 225/45/16 will fit but im not sure how well? Will i need spacers? Will i need to stretch? What wheel diamter and width aswell as tire size is reccomended to fill the fenders without any spacing, rubbing, stretching or effecting handling much? I really like the wide tire look and would prefer at least an inch width increase over the stocks. Thanks
                      You will need 5mm front spacers and longer bolts, otherwise that's a great setup.

Comment

Originally posted by MOTOMAN View Post
                        I have a question about wheels / tires fitment for a late model E30 sedan. 5 lug E30 M3 conversion & lowered with aggressive shocks / springs. What's the wides tire I can fit with 17x9s ET25 assuming that I'm willing to roll the fenders?

Thank you.
                        215/40. 225/35 technically also works but is rare and undersized a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by jordy101 View Post
                          Lets say ultrawide flares, 17x10's and 275 wide rear tires. What offset would you suggest?
                          For the front 17x9's with 245's.
                          If you can help at all it would be much appreciated.
                          +20 rear, +10 front

Comment

Originally posted by D-rock View Post
                            Hi Mystikal,

Thank you once again for all the help to the forum.

Looking for a nice tire size 88 e30 on GC coilovers e36 hubs (nice amount of drop)

17x7.5 et 19 (205/40) ?
                            17x9 et 32 (215/35) ?
                            205/40 225/35
                            or
                            205/40 215/40

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Corbett View Post
                              Looks like I will be running my '84 325E instead of my '89 325I, so What is the general Rule of thumb for Early and Late model wheel fit? Running HR Sports, Bilstein Sports, 4x100 to 5x120 18mm adapters, What is the difference when run on a Newer Model versus Older Model? i.e. This set up will be Flush on my '89 but will be fine on my 84?
                              Early models fit about 5-8mm more on the outside.

Comment

Mr. Mystikal Sir (done that for brownie points) will 17" wheels fit these cars well and what are your recommendations on tires? I have been reading through the whole thing (dang it's a lot) and I have found my answer several times lol. Dang lazy people, won't read no posts lol. I am looking at ome 17x8's with a et30 and some 235 45 tires.
                                Last edited by Bullhead; 10-21-2014, 06:17 AM.
                                sigpic87 325E The Honey Badger

Comment

Working...
                                X