Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TrentOSU View Post
    So..I have a flawless, essentially brand new set of style 7's..they are 15's but I am not sure of the offset and they have a 7.5 width. Would these work for my 325is? I am aware that they are 5 lug.
    I'm not going to google the wheel specs for you, but when you do, let me know!

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
      No. I always recommend coilovers on E30s, especially BCs.
      Can a 245/40 17 fit? sorry for the questions Mystikal I am just looking at my options. And what's the widest you can go in the rear with a full roll on the 17's?
      sigpic87 325E The Honey Badger

Comment

16x7.5, et 15. What tire size do you recommend with no rub or mods lock to lock. Front only on h and r sports? Wheels are Schmidt Modernlines. Thank you sir.

Comment

Year, Model, Suspension, All Relevant Wheel Data (Diameter, Width, Offset, Bolt Pattern, etc)

1989 325i, Ground Control Stage 2+? coils, 500/600. Looking to run a 17x8 Apex wheel.

What's the widest tire I can run, and what offset would I want the wheels to be to achieve that? Trying not to stick out the sides of the car, planned on rolling the fenders.. Hopefully this isnt too vague of a question

Thanks!
          S

Comment

I'm getting real confused. I'm looking at 15x7s on 205/55 tyres, but what offsets can I have? Some seem to be running as little as +15, but then I've seen up to +38. I want to keep the rolling circumference as close to stock as possible to avoid issues with fitment, just unsure on offsets.

Also, there's a good chance this has been answered, but there's 500 pages. Thanks in advance.

Comment

Looking at a set of wheels, I know its a long shot and i will need spacers but im having trouble figuring out what size to go with. 90 325is St lowering springs and billys. 215/45/16 dunlop direzza dz101 tires 16x7 et 40.

Comment

I have et 25 apex arc 8 wheels 17x8 with 5mm spacers and bc racing coilovers what's the largest tire size I can run in the rear? 255/40/17 or 245/40/17?

Comment

I'm on coilovers, currently on 225/40/17 all around but tires are not made anymore thinking of going 245/35/17 in rear. Wheels are 17x7.5 et28

Rear wheel with no spacer and my fenders are rolled and 750lb rear springs. Think I can do 245/35 in rear if I raise it a little?
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Bullhead View Post
                    Can a 245/40 17 fit? sorry for the questions Mystikal I am just looking at my options. And what's the widest you can go in the rear with a full roll on the 17's?
                    In the rear without spacers, yes. Rolling necessary as well as coilovers with relatively high rates.

Comment

Originally posted by g.ruff561 View Post
                      16x7.5, et 15. What tire size do you recommend with no rub or mods lock to lock. Front only on h and r sports? Wheels are Schmidt Modernlines. Thank you sir.
                      205/45s are perfect.

Comment

Originally posted by ScottCantStop View Post
                        Year, Model, Suspension, All Relevant Wheel Data (Diameter, Width, Offset, Bolt Pattern, etc)

1989 325i, Ground Control Stage 2+? coils, 500/600. Looking to run a 17x8 Apex wheel.

What's the widest tire I can run, and what offset would I want the wheels to be to achieve that? Trying not to stick out the sides of the car, planned on rolling the fenders.. Hopefully this isnt too vague of a question

Thanks!
                        S
                        They were only made in the ideal offset (which I gave to them, heh) of +25. 235/40 is what they were designed for.

Comment

Originally posted by Reignity View Post
                          I'm getting real confused. I'm looking at 15x7s on 205/55 tyres, but what offsets can I have? Some seem to be running as little as +15, but then I've seen up to +38. I want to keep the rolling circumference as close to stock as possible to avoid issues with fitment, just unsure on offsets.

Also, there's a good chance this has been answered, but there's 500 pages. Thanks in advance.
                          Yes, down to about +15 should work. No higher than +27. The lower within this range, the better they will look.

Comment

Originally posted by blk90e30 View Post
                            Looking at a set of wheels, I know its a long shot and i will need spacers but im having trouble figuring out what size to go with. 90 325is St lowering springs and billys. 215/45/16 dunlop direzza dz101 tires 16x7 et 40.
                            15mm front 20mm rear would look nice. Can also do either of those sizes all around and it will work fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Randy2400 View Post
                              I have et 25 apex arc 8 wheels 17x8 with 5mm spacers and bc racing coilovers what's the largest tire size I can run in the rear? 255/40/17 or 245/40/17?
                              With spacers, only 215/40. Without spacers, 235/40.

Comment

Originally posted by jrockbk View Post
                                I'm on coilovers, currently on 225/40/17 all around but tires are not made anymore thinking of going 245/35/17 in rear. Wheels are 17x7.5 et28

Rear wheel with no spacer and my fenders are rolled and 750lb rear springs. Think I can do 245/35 in rear if I raise it a little?
                                Too wide and short of a tire for the wheel. 235/40 would just fit and work well.

Comment

Working...
                                X