Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by marek|steezkal View Post
    Hey guys, just got my 17x8 ET25 wheels in the mail. After searching, I've been looking into the recommended 235/40/17 tire selection. I've found that 235/45/17 actually has a far greater selection of tires and because of this greater supply, they are also much cheaper.

Has anyone ever run 235/45/17 on 17x8 ET25? I like meaty tires and wouldn't mind rolling my fenders some. If 235/40 profile isn't too low of a profile, maybe I'll just go with that. Hard to tell from just pictures on the interwebs.

Car background info: 90 325is, 4lug, H&R sport springs, E90 drophats
    Even the 235/40 is slightly too tall to be ideal, 235/45 wouldn't have a chance of fitting.

Comment

Originally posted by JordsProject View Post
      Hey guys, I've recently got some 17x7.5 et35, and they fit JUST. the fronts rub like 1mm on the brake calipers and about 5mm off the front strut.

My question is, how can I bring my rear wheel out towards the fender as there is about a 10mm gap. And also I want to bring my rear up, as the springs I used have dropped it too far. I have Bilstein sports on the way all round and Dobi Sports lowering springs in at the moment.

I just want to have my rear a little less "sacked" and more flush against the fender!

Any help is greatly appreciated :-)

Cheers!
      Thicker rear springs pads and 10-15mm spacers all around.

Comment

Looking to run 16x8f 16x9r with 205/45 up front and 215/45 in the rear. Think I could get by with mild fender rolling? Bav auto spring with bilstein sports on an early model car.

Anyone have any pictures of those tire sizes on that wide of wheels? Trying to avoid stretch as much as possible.
        sigpic

Comment

Looking to run some 16x9 on my 1991 318is. stock suspension. what should i know in terms of tires selection and fitment in general.

Comment

I'm looking at 17's, ESM 004's as follows:

Front
            17x8 +20
            215/40/17

Rear
            17x9 +40
            245/40/17

I'm going to be running semi slicks, Yokohama AD08Rs or similar: http://www.yokohama.com.au/Tyres/ADVAN-Neova-AD08.aspx

Will I be able to run 245/40 in the rear, or will 235/40 be my max?

Will be getting the front and rear fenders rolled. Should I tell the guy to pull them out as well?

This is on a '90 318is.

Thanks!
            '90 318is

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
              Yeah, +25 is too much for a 15x8. 5mm universal spacers with longer bolts are what you need.
              You are exactly right. I measured 2.5mm of clearance with the 5mm spacers, entirely due to the huge curb protectors on the 225/45 Rivals. Thanks for the input.
              "If the sky were to fall tomorrow, the tall would die first."

-Dr. Paul Forrester

Do I LOOK like I need a psychological evaluation???

Comment

Originally posted by mattdk318i View Post
                Looking to run 16x8f 16x9r with 205/45 up front and 215/45 in the rear. Think I could get by with mild fender rolling? Bav auto spring with bilstein sports on an early model car.

Anyone have any pictures of those tire sizes on that wide of wheels? Trying to avoid stretch as much as possible.
                Without offsets this can't be answered.

Comment

Originally posted by Dolghii View Post
                  Looking to run some 16x9 on my 1991 318is. stock suspension. what should i know in terms of tires selection and fitment in general.
                  16x9s only look good when the car is slammed to the ground, really. I'd suggest sticking to 8" or narrower wheels for stock height.

Comment

Originally posted by AusScare View Post
                    I'm looking at 17's, ESM 004's as follows:

Front
                    17x8 +20
                    215/40/17

Rear
                    17x9 +40
                    245/40/17

I'm going to be running semi slicks, Yokohama AD08Rs or similar: http://www.yokohama.com.au/Tyres/ADVAN-Neova-AD08.aspx

Will I be able to run 245/40 in the rear, or will 235/40 be my max?

Will be getting the front and rear fenders rolled. Should I tell the guy to pull them out as well?

This is on a '90 318is.

Thanks!
                    ESM makes a 17x9 +40 wheel? Didn't know that, neat. Your proposed setup would well with a 10mm rear spacer. It will understeer like crazy though, hopefully you have huge power in there, or in the plans.

Comment

Originally posted by funcrew View Post
                      You are exactly right. I measured 2.5mm of clearance with the 5mm spacers, entirely due to the huge curb protectors on the 225/45 Rivals. Thanks for the input.
                      Sweet!

Comment

Hey, looking to run 16x8 et15 wheels on my e30 with vogtland springs, what tires should I get?

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
                          ESM makes a 17x9 +40 wheel? Didn't know that, neat. Your proposed setup would well with a 10mm rear spacer. It will understeer like crazy though, hopefully you have huge power in there, or in the plans.
                          Yeah, they advertise it as being a direct fit for e30's without fender flares or spacers.. Would the space just then be for tyre clearance on the strut?

I'll be running ~400hp+ so will need as much grip as possible, thus the 245 R-comps. Would 235 fit without a spacer?

Thanks!
                          '90 318is

Comment

Question about Ronal LS with spacers. I've searched and found a few threads on this, but haven't been able to come up with any concrete information.

I'm looking to push the rear wheels out a little bit so they aren't so tucked. The wheels are 15x7.5 et 25 with 205/55R15 tires. I'm on Billy Sports + H&R Sports with both rear spring pads.

Will I be able to get away with 12mm spacers and rolled fenders? I don't want to do any further fender work, but wouldn't be opposed to rolling them. From what I've read 12mm is the minimum width that are still safely hub centric.

That would theoretically be the same as a 15x7.5 ET13 wheel, any idea if that fits an E30 (late model)?

Comment

Here's some specs of a wheel I'm looking at. I run Billy sport shocks and H&R Sport springs.

ROTA WHEELS - GRID_V

15X7"

Bolt Pattern 4X100mm

Offset 20 mm

Lip Size: 2.2.5"

Hub Bore Size: 67.1 mm

OR

Some used Volk wheels I just found nearby

16x7
                              Offset 42
                              Hubbore 73mm

I'm a total newb, so whatever I'd need/to do to make these fit would be much appreciated
                              Last edited by Mushroom Stew; 01-09-2015, 03:00 AM. Reason: grammar

Comment

Originally posted by corona6 View Post
                                Hey, looking to run 16x8 et15 wheels on my e30 with vogtland springs, what tires should I get?
                                205/45 is ideal. Just clears without fender mods.

Comment

Working...
                                X