Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you!

Comment

I have a 4dr 325i with H&R Oe sports and kyb's, would 16x8 et25 with 225/50r16s all around fit.
      Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by kijones View Post
        Late Model e30 with rolled fenders on ground control coils, lowered but not dumped.
        - car is a turbo car (s52 turbo making 500+whp) so looking to fit largest rear tire I can on the apex acr8 17x8+25 wheels.

Can I fit a 245/40 out back on that wheel? or should I stick to a 235/40 square setup?
        - street tires also no Hoosiers. Most likely NT01/Toyo R1R/R888

Thanks!
        Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
        245/40 should work but you might need to raise it a bit.
        Question #2:
        If I stick with my current 16x8 +20 wheels, and I raise it a little in the rear. I assume I would be ok stuffing 245/45/16 in the rear also correct? Or is 20 too low of an offset to fit them even with fenders rolled fully?

Thanks!
        1989 325is - S52 Turbo Swap
        1995 M3 - SCCA CStock AutoX Car
        1991 318is - M20 swap - 5spd(SOLD)

Comment

Been doing a ton of research, but can't find too much in terms of what I really need to do.

I've got Corvette RS's drilled/filled to 4x100, 16's that are 9/10 staggered. Currently et36 all around. Trying to figure out a good fitment point for the car. It's pretty low, but not hella slammed, and I'm planning on running a meaty tire with limited to no stretch. Not afraid to start cutting and putting on flares.

Car is an early model (84) 318, but disk swapped in the rear, currently on Racelands from the PO, getting swapped to a good coil before this season comes.

So my questions are:

What would you suggest offset wise for those widths, front and rear? (I'd like to keep the 9/10 stagger, I'm going for big power in the future)

Do you happen to know what barrel/lip sizes those would end up being then? Just normal mount, lip,center,barrel.

Thanks man!
          Last edited by brainfood; 02-11-2015, 11:06 AM.
          WNY e30 Group on FB, feel free to join if you're from the area!

@mriterphoto on instagram

"Being airborne in an e30 is one of the worst ideas that I've done more than a couple dozen times"

me-"I've got one of those rare 7cyl low-comp S62's"
          MattAvino- "Those aren't rare"

Comment

Originally posted by osanchez640 View Post
            I have a 4dr 325i with H&R Oe sports and kyb's, would 16x8 et25 with 225/50r16s all around fit.
            Thanks
            2 problems. The wheels will hit the front struts and the tires are too tall. 5mm front spacers and 225/45 tires.

Comment

Originally posted by kijones View Post
              Question #2:
              If I stick with my current 16x8 +20 wheels, and I raise it a little in the rear. I assume I would be ok stuffing 245/45/16 in the rear also correct? Or is 20 too low of an offset to fit them even with fenders rolled fully?

Thanks!
              Offset too low, tire too tall.

Comment

Originally posted by brainfood View Post
                Been doing a ton of research, but can't find too much in terms of what I really need to do.

I've got Corvette RS's drilled/filled to 4x100, 16's that are 9/10 staggered. Currently et36 all around. Trying to figure out a good fitment point for the car. It's pretty low, but not hella slammed, and I'm planning on running a meaty tire with limited to no stretch. Not afraid to start cutting and putting on flares.

Car is an early model (84) 318, but disk swapped in the rear, currently on Racelands from the PO, getting swapped to a good coil before this season comes.

So my questions are:

What would you suggest offset wise for those widths, front and rear? (I'd like to keep the 9/10 stagger, I'm going for big power in the future)

Do you happen to know what barrel/lip sizes those would end up being then? Just normal mount, lip,center,barrel.

Thanks man!
                You need to look into the available tires first. There really aren't any for the rears that fit your criteria. A 225/245 stagger would be the closest you'll get and the tires probably would still need to be mismatched due to lack of availability.

Comment

What if I roll front and back fenders flat? Could I run 225/50s? Thanks

Comment

Maybe this will be easier with an end goal given so its not a guessing game for me. lol.

So the end goal is to fit a 235/40 or 245/40 wide tire in the rear without running flares (preferably 245). Obviously with 17's the tire choices are much better.

So if I go to 17, I need an 8-8.5 wide wheel. What would you say is the correct offset for them? Was thinking 17x8 et25(235 tire) and if 17x8.5 et30(235 or hopefully 245)?
                    1989 325is - S52 Turbo Swap
                    1995 M3 - SCCA CStock AutoX Car
                    1991 318is - M20 swap - 5spd(SOLD)

Comment

I have idea to buy R16 8,5j and 9,5j rims to my 90 318i euro model, back will be 9,5j with -6 et, front 8,5 with -10 et.205/45 rear, 195/45 front, camber plates, stiff suspension, not so low at this moment. Will my rear fit without hitting shock and any other things inside? What about rubbing?
                      Last edited by iKarolis; 02-18-2015, 04:26 AM.

Comment

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment T...

Fronts are 16x10.5 ~6" backspace
                        Rears are 17x14 ~8" backspace
                        Bolt pattern is 5x130 so I need adapters, (someone help on where is a+)
                        I'll be doing extensive fender mods don't worry
                        But also need to figure out what tyres
                        Has this ever even been attempted? Muahaha
                        Legit Sellers: Insomniac912, SixerFixer, 3liter6, NoSnowJustIce, JustXtreme, SLEEPYDUB

Comment

I'm looking at some work cr01 and I want to get some 15x8 all around, lowered on ground controls. What is a good offset ?

Comment

Hi! First, thanks for all the advice you are giving! Pretty awesome!

Wanted to fit 15x8 et20 With 225/45/15 G-Force Rival or Ventus RS3... I know that it fits. BUT, I could have access to a nice deal on 15x8 et0 with 225/45/15 Ventus RS3. I know its impossible on stock fenders, but my fenders are rolled and pulled and I shaved a bit of the interior exceeding sheet metal... For reference, Here is the status of the rear fenders on my 89 325ì with 17x10 et20:

Also, this is where the 235/40/17 Toyo RA1 (which runs pretty wide) contact the fender (on the 17x10):

So do you think its near possible or I should forget it right away?

I know that funfgan is running 15x8 et5 final with RS3... but 5mm can do a big difference...

Thanks again!

Note that front is also rolled and pulled...
                            E30 now S52
                            2008 Suburban LTZ (Family and TT hauler)
                            325xiT (Sold)

sigpic

Comment

Does hub bore size difference cause improper balancing?

the reason why I ask, is because I recently put a set of steel 14 inch stock e30 wheels and tires on my e30 and it rides and steers like a DREAM!!! Never since I've owned this car has it performed so smoothly and quietly (could also be the tires helping too).
                              Those wheels are Borbet type C's and while they look nice and all, I really want to go to a smaller wheel size.

Any wheels being made new that have the same 57.1mm centre bore and are 4x100 and 15 inch?

thanks in advance
                              If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

1991 BMW 325i Cabriolet

Suspension:
                                H&R Sport Springs (for Cabrio) Average lowering of 1.4"F, 0.75"R

Rim Info:
                                Konig Rewind
                                Diameter 15.0”
                                Width 7.0”
                                Offset 20mm

Tire Size Options
                                1. 205/60 - 15 (seem to be more avail in this size)
                                2. 205/55 - 15 (not many avail in this size)

Not looking for a track car - but a sporty daily driver. Will the 205/60s fit? Recommendations for tires? Are there other options I should consider?

Thanks in advance for your dedication to this thread.
                                Mike
                                Cary, NC
                                Current Rides
                                1991 325iC - For Sale
                                2006 M3 Cabriolet
                                Past Rides
                                2000 323i Touring - Daily Driver
                                1994 325is (S50) - Fast Car
                                1998 Z3 - Fun Car
                                1986 325e (i engine conversion)
                                1969 Mustang Mach 1

Comment