Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Again, as outlined in the original post I try to keep tire talk out of here unless it's included in a fitment suggestion. That said, the Kumho SPT is a really great street tire for the money, what I would call the best value for a high-performance application.

Jay

Comment

How will 205/50/15 rt615 azenies fit on 15x7 et25? How is the fitment? Will I have a big gap? I have bilstens/h&r sport

Comment

Originally posted by Cream View Post
        How will 205/50/15 rt615 azenies fit on 15x7 et25? How is the fitment? Will I have a big gap? I have bilstens/h&r sport
        Great fitment. The gap will be "big" compared to, say, a Euro 16x9 setup, but it's by all means all solid package.

Jay

Comment

Interested in hearing some recommendations as to optimal final offset for my new wheels...

Fronts: 17x7.5
          Rear: 17x9

I was thinking something around 27 up front and 22 out back. i'll be running a set of falcon 215/40/17's. Any thoughts?

Edit: Car is a late model with fenders pulled as much as my roller would allow :)
          -Greg
          90 325isT - 12.2 @ 120ish - Dyno Results
          b18c5 EG Coupέ - 13.5 @ 100ish - Dyno Results

Comment

Lord this thread is long.

How much wider you think I can space them out in the front and rear Jay? I can always get longer lugs.
            Reminiscing...

Comment

alright boss;

16x8.5 et 10

16x9.5 et 14

tire must be the same size, what should i run?

thanks
              My E30 v1.0 | v2.0 | v3.0 | My E28 |My E34 | My feedback

Comment

Let's see if im at where I need to be!

1987 325is with H&R cup kit.
                17x7 et25 wheels.
                215 40 R17 tires.

Will it work without rolling fenders?

Thanks for your time
                Darryl
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bobross View Post
                  Interested in hearing some recommendations as to optimal final offset for my new wheels...

Fronts: 17x7.5
                  Rear: 17x9

I was thinking something around 27 up front and 22 out back. i'll be running a set of falcon 215/40/17's. Any thoughts?

Edit: Car is a late model with fenders pulled as much as my roller would allow :)
                  I like your offset choices, and with the sounds of your fender work it should fit fine. Especially if the Falkens you're referring to are 512s or 912s (they run narrow).

Jay

Comment

Originally posted by M42Technik View Post
                    Lord this thread is long.

How much wider you think I can space them out in the front and rear Jay? I can always get longer lugs.
                    What are the specs of those again? All I remember is 7" wide and 225's...and maybe ET22.

If that's the case, don't even try it. If you want poke, back down to 195/55/15, roll the fenders, and run 15mm spacers. I'm not kidding. You don't want to run anything less than 15mm for hubcentricity issues (I just made that term up, haha), so that is about your only option.

Jay

Comment

Originally posted by Eric View Post
                      alright boss;

16x8.5 et 10

16x9.5 et 14

tire must be the same size, what should i run?

thanks
                      225/40/16. Get the metal bending tools ready.

Jay

Comment

Originally posted by dkmr View Post
                        Let's see if im at where I need to be!

1987 325is with H&R cup kit.
                        17x7 et25 wheels.
                        215 40 R17 tires.

Will it work without rolling fenders?

Thanks for your time
                        Darryl
                        Yup, that should fit perfect. No rolling needed, mainly because it's an '87. If this same setup was an on 88+ car, I wouldn't guarantee that.

Jay

Comment

Quote:
                          Originally Posted by Toms73NovaSS
                          I am looking to find the widest tire that will not give me any problems without rolling lips.

I will have 16x7.5 et25 ACS Type I wheels.

From the reading I have done options are:

205x50x16
                          215x45x16
                          225x45x16

The car is slightly lowered on BAV Autosport spring (were on car when I purchased I might upgrade to a stiffer spring but not now).

Will the 225's give me problems or will they fit?

Thanks
                          Tom

Nice wheels! 225/45/16 won't be a problem, you'll just need to roll the rear fender lips (due to the soft springs, mainly). Those wheels are the perfect offset for their dimensions.

Jay
                          Jay,

Gettin closer to install time,but dont have tires yet, just want to make sure.......
                          I am about to roll the fenders, you said that I will need to ONLY roll the REAR correct? Front should be OK with out rolling?

Thanks
                          Tom

Comment

Originally posted by Toms73NovaSS View Post
                            Jay,

Gettin closer to install time,but dont have tires yet, just want to make sure.......
                            I am about to roll the fenders, you said that I will need to ONLY roll the REAR correct? Front should be OK with out rolling?

Thanks
                            Tom
                            It will be very close, but yes, I suggest that you only roll the rears for now. When you install the wheels, go for a short drive then inspect the front tire to make sure it isn't rubbing, and of course do it again after a week or so.

Contrary to popular belief, there is a lot more room up front on these cars, given matching wheel specs.

Jay

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
                              What are the specs of those again? All I remember is 7" wide and 225's...and maybe ET22.

If that's the case, don't even try it. If you want poke, back down to 195/55/15, roll the fenders, and run 15mm spacers. I'm not kidding. You don't want to run anything less than 15mm for hubcentricity issues (I just made that term up, haha), so that is about your only option.

Jay
                              Right, you mentioned that anything less than 15mm is NO GOOD. ET08 doesn't really sound nice either.

You did say 3mm spacers are okay since they can still use stock lug nuts. I guess I'll do that.

And you remembered all of those specs correctly.
                              Reminiscing...

Comment

I was wondering if 17x9 et 20 wheels all around would fit without any issues and what tire should I run... I don't mind running stretched tires. Thanks in advance.
                                Last edited by EMRtek; 03-05-2008, 12:48 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X