Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
    Won't clear the bodywork at all, not even close. Acres (too much) strut clearance, caliper clearance is dictated by spokes and manufacturer design not fitment numbers.
    Even with -3 degrees of camber all around?

Comment

Originally posted by 2PointSlow View Post
      Even with -3 degrees of camber all around?
      Correct. Just too aggressive. They'd work great with 205/50s and the same alignment.

Comment

Which tire size to get??

1991 318is

Just ordered 16x8 et25

Should I get 225/45r16 or 215/45r16??
        Your signature picture has been removed. Refer to the Signature and Avatar Guidelines in The Rules.

Comment

Originally posted by Wasefi View Post
          1991 318is

Just ordered 16x8 et25

3 or 5mm front spacers are necessary. Either of those sizes will work.

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
            3 or 5mm front spacers are necessary. Either of those sizes will work.
            You da Man!!! thank you.
            Your signature picture has been removed. Refer to the Signature and Avatar Guidelines in The Rules.

Comment

So sort of a confusing situation, but you are the man so I thought I would ask. I am soon going to install a machined 5 lug swap that pushes the front out 12mm and has stock E30M3 flanges in the back. I still have H&R ride height, and need to find some 5x120 wheels that are 17" to clear the E46 brakes. I have been trying to do my homework about what will fit, but looking for a pro's opinion:

Option 1: 17x8" Style 42's ET20
              215/40 Front, 235/40 Rear

Option 2: 17x8" BBS RC 304 ET 38
              215/40 Front, 235/40 Rear with 10mm spacer?

Option 3: 17x8.5" ACS Type III (ET43 Front) (ET 15 Rear)
              Unsure of tire size

I believe the first two would work, not sure which one is better. The third I believe wouldn't work without pulling/rolling correct?
              The Lineup in order of appearance:
              91 535i
              91 318is 5 Lug/E46M3 Brakes
              91 325is w/ S52
              88 Vert Plastic Bumper Swap
              88 M3 ;D
              91 325ix 5 speed
              89 Vert Royalblau Metallic
              73 2002
              1986 325es --> is swap Rallycross Car!!
              1995 Chevy G30 Tow Rig... *I SOLD A CAR!!*
              1993 525i Granitsilber Metallic Touring

Need a 91 M5 bad but wife would shoot me...twice

*UPDATE: got a 93 M5 and still alive

1972 Jeep Wagoneer
              1975 2002 five speed

Check out:
              Elhartspeedshop.com

sigpic

Comment

Help

I was thinking of purchasing a set off XXR 527 15x8.25 et0 wheels for my '87 eta. They come with 195 50 15 tires, but I'm concerned about how they'll fit. I've done a full suspension overhaul (bushings, control arms, tie rods, etc.) and installed a set of Bilstein B8's and H&R Sport Springs which drop it about 1.3 inches. Does anyone know if I could make it fit or am I just wasting my time?

Comment

Originally posted by elcoy View Post
                  So sort of a confusing situation, but you are the man so I thought I would ask. I am soon going to install a machined 5 lug swap that pushes the front out 12mm and has stock E30M3 flanges in the back. I still have H&R ride height, and need to find some 5x120 wheels that are 17" to clear the E46 brakes. I have been trying to do my homework about what will fit, but looking for a pro's opinion:

Option 1: 17x8" Style 42's ET20
                  215/40 Front, 235/40 Rear

Option 2: 17x8" BBS RC 304 ET 38
                  215/40 Front, 235/40 Rear with 10mm spacer?

Option 3: 17x8.5" ACS Type III (ET43 Front) (ET 15 Rear)
                  Unsure of tire size

I believe the first two would work, not sure which one is better. The third I believe wouldn't work without pulling/rolling correct?
                  Option 1 - Nope, offset too low. Would be limited to 205/40 front and 215/40 rear, even with a roll.

Option 2 - Much better. Should fit like a glove.

Option 3 - 15mm front spacers and 205/40s all around. Would sit nice and flush. No go with wider tires.

Comment

Originally posted by dericfeiler View Post
                    I was thinking of purchasing a set off XXR 527 15x8.25 et0 wheels for my '87 eta. They come with 195 50 15 tires, but I'm concerned about how they'll fit. I've done a full suspension overhaul (bushings, control arms, tie rods, etc.) and installed a set of Bilstein B8's and H&R Sport Springs which drop it about 1.3 inches. Does anyone know if I could make it fit or am I just wasting my time?
                    Don't do it, they'll be sticking too far outside of the car, especially in front. Try to find something in a +10 offset or numerically higher.

Comment

Hello all , I've got wheels ATS R16 7.5J ET35 all around. BMW '87 318i sedan E30 will be dropped 60mm front / rear 55mm springs with MTS. What spacers must be the front and back? now front rim touches the shock absorbers. Maybe 20mm all around? and which tires to buy 215/45? 205/45 or anything all around ? that would be a nice view :) sorry for my spelling mistakes , I am from Lithuania. thank you all for your answers ;)

Help me
                      Last edited by mankisss; 03-22-2015, 11:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Wasefi View Post
                        1991 318is

Just ordered 16x8 et25

I'm after exactly the same setup, but wondering why do you say that we'll need either 3 or 5mm spacers for the front?

Is just a matter of preference of how far out you want the wheels to be or there's something else?

I want to run 225/45/16 on 16x8 all around, so if I use 5mm front spacers, would I be able to use my existing bolts or I'll need to get longer ones?

Thanks
                        Last edited by loshara; 03-21-2015, 04:09 PM.

Comment

Hi again,

I've looked through your advice regarding 16x8 ET11 and wanted your info for future reference.

I already use 205/45 but in the future for the above sized wheels I want to get and say wanted to use 205/50 instead the fenders might need rolling/pulling slightly correct?

Thanks again,
                          My old Style 5 Thread / My Swap
                          1991 318IS :bow: 2.5L S14 Swap/BC Coilover suspension/Some new (old) wheels/
                          IS Skirt-Lip/RG Splitter/M-Technic I Spoiler/Dogleg/3.46 Diff/Euro H4 headlights etc.
                          1998 528I (Sold) // 2003 540I ///M Sport

Comment

Originally posted by IronFreak View Post
                            I have dtm flares That I'll be using. No rolling involved because I'll cut them out!
                            ^I'm in the same boat!

I'm running the Kamotors ultrawides. What is the widest tire (245, 275, or 315) and ideal wheel dimensions width and ET? Looking to run a 17in.

Currently running style 5s with 215s and 23mm adapter in the rear and 18mm in the front. I will remain 4x100. 1989 325is. H&R race springs w/billy sports.

Thank you for all your help!
                            sigpic
                            Instagram: @DrLeadFoot

Comment

Originally posted by mankisss View Post
                              Hello all , I've got wheels ATS R16 7.5J ET35 all around. BMW '87 318i sedan E30 will be dropped 60mm front / rear 55mm springs with MTS. What spacers must be the front and back? now front rim touches the shock absorbers. Maybe 20mm all around? and which tires to buy 215/45? 205/45 or anything all around ? that would be a nice view :) sorry for my spelling mistakes , I am from Lithuania. thank you all for your answers ;)

Help me
                              20mm spacers all around would be nice. 205/45 tires.

And you're speaking fine English, I've gotten worse questions from people born and raised in America. BTW if you follow your national basketball team I love Jonas Valančiūnas, he plays for Toronto in the NBA. Anywho.

Comment

Originally posted by loshara View Post
                                I'm after exactly the same setup, but wondering why do you say that we'll need either 3 or 5mm spacers for the front?

Is just a matter of preference of how far out you want the wheels to be or there's something else?

I want to run 225/45/16 on 16x8 all around, so if I use 5mm front spacers, would I be able to use my existing bolts or I'll need to get longer ones?

Thanks
                                Because the wheels hit the front suspension without them. Longer bolts are required for most wheels (depends the thickness of their hub, which no spec will tell you). If you can spin the stock bolt at least 5 times around you're safe, otherwise slightly longer bolts are necessary.

Comment

Working...
                                X