Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bronzit707: In 205/45 Dunlop direzza z1's, for 215/45 get BFGoodrich gforce rivals

Mystikal I had to go with et20's all around so I guess I'll see how they fitt when they get here tomorrow.

Comment

Bought a set of staggered CR7s.

16x9 ET25 & 16x7.5 ET30 sitting on 215 40 16 all around (yes front this wide is a bit odd and rear/front rubber isnt matching so open to replacing front tires with something closer to 195)

Car: 91 318is coupe stock height but will be dropping to a H&R sport (possibly race), not slamming.

Was told I don't need spacer on rear but 5-8mm in front. Is this enough, a 215 will stick out beyond the 7.5 rim will it not?

Can anyone please confirm? Thanks!

FS thread: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=352803

Comment

Originally posted by tntomek View Post
        Bought a set of staggered CR7s.

16x9 ET25 & 16x7.5 ET30 sitting on 215 40 16 all around (yes front this wide is a bit odd and rear/front rubber isnt matching so open to replacing front tires with something closer to 195)

Car: 91 318is coupe stock height but will be dropping to a H&R sport (possibly race), not slamming.

Was told I don't need spacer on rear but 5-8mm in front. Is this enough, a 215 will stick out beyond the 7.5 rim will it not?

Can anyone please confirm? Thanks!

FS thread: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=352803
        Those are a good offset for the rear 16x9s on a car that won't be slammed. The tire sizes, however, are not. I would go with 205/45 front and either 215/45 or 225/40 rears. 15mm front spacers would be perfect to even out the fitment and for clearance reasons.

Comment

15x7 ET+15 Currently running 195/50 due to previous owner

Wanting to know the widest tyre I can run? Currently set up on King Springs / Koni shocks - Rolled fenders.

Comment

Plan on running 16x9.5 wheels with a +32 offset. what size adapters should i run for the fronts and rears?

Comment

Originally posted by terroth View Post
              15x7 et+15 currently running 195/50 due to previous owner

wanting to know the widest tyre i can run? Currently set up on king springs / koni shocks - rolled fenders.
              205/50

Comment

Originally posted by Slamit34 View Post
                Plan on running 16x9.5 wheels with a +32 offset. what size adapters should i run for the fronts and rears?
                30mm is safe. 25mm might just barely clear.

Comment

is that all around or just the fronts?

Comment

That's the spacing required for the wheels to clear the front struts. I'd recommend sticking with that offset in the rear also just for looks purposes. The fender work will be substantial though.

Comment

Subbed. Will have questions later!

Comment

Wanting to know if I will need any fender work with a 15x8 et20 with 225/50s? It's a stock suspension late model with coilovers in the future.

Comment

Friend of mine got some nice e39 wheels for a good price, they are 15x7 with an offset of 20. the prob is the smallest decent wheel adapter is 18mm thick. Would the poke just be crazy? Or is there a chance it will fit in the fender...

He has a 1991 318i, looking at prob getting 205/50-15's on it
                          I park with my feet... sometimes
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Bejoe16 View Post
                            Wanting to know if I will need any fender work with a 15x8 et20 with 225/50s? It's a stock suspension late model with coilovers in the future.
                            Yes, flat rear roll is necessary and it might still rub occasionally. Big bubbly tires.

Comment

Originally posted by bwana View Post
                              Friend of mine got some nice e39 wheels for a good price, they are 15x7 with an offset of 20. the prob is the smallest decent wheel adapter is 18mm thick. Would the poke just be crazy? Or is there a chance it will fit in the fender...

He has a 1991 318i, looking at prob getting 205/50-15's on it
                              With 195/50s it'd fit. I wouldn't bother personally. Once you spend $400+ on adapters you may as well buy something that actually fits properly.

Comment

I'm looking for some input on a new setup. Late model car lowered on GC suspension with a moderate roll all around. Looking to run 16x8 et23 with a 205/50. Seems like 15mm would be a good aggressive fit for the front (thoughts on that?) but what would be the ideal spacer for the rear?

Thanks again!
                                $500, Diamantschwarz, and a Dream

Comment

Working...
                                X