Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Js2010 View Post
    Thanks again.

If I use 5mm spacers on the front, will I need longer wheel bolts or will the standard one be OK?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
    Depends on the thickness of the hub of the wheels you're using, which is a figure no specs will give you unfortunately. But with maybe 80% of wheels, yes, for 5mm spacers you will need longer bolts to retain proper threading.

Comment

Originally posted by Grackle View Post
      Hate to ask again, but 16x8's with a +15mm but a 5.09 backspace. Still good to go?
      Offset and backspacing are directly related, and redundant to quote both. But you need to confirm what you're getting with the vendors. 8" +15 is 5.09" backspacing, not 5.5".

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
        Depends on the thickness of the hub of the wheels you're using, which is a figure no specs will give you unfortunately. But with maybe 80% of wheels, yes, for 5mm spacers you will need longer bolts to retain proper threading.
        Thanks I am thinking about putting borbet A on the car. So do you still think I will need longer bolts? Is there a risk the bolts I buy might be too long?

Comment

Thanks I am thinking about putting borbet A on the car. So do you still think I will need longer bolts? Is there a risk the bolts I buy might be too long?

I've mounted 16x9 Type A's on an E30 before, but it had custom BC coilovers and therefore didn't need any spacers. Sorry.

There is a chance of the bolts being too long, yes. Stock shank length is around 24mm. Buy bolts with a 28-32mm shank length and you will be good to go.

Comment

Offset and backspacing are directly related, and redundant to quote both. But you need to confirm what you're getting with the vendors. 8" +15 is 5.09" backspacing, not 5.5".
            Ah, OK. These were actually a different set, thanks again!

Comment

Car: 1987 E30 convertible

Suspension: JOM (I know) coilovers

Wheels purchased: 16 x 8 et 20 F
              16 x 9 et 15 R

Fenders: stock (not rolled/pulled)

Tires: ?

Front: I've read a years worth of this thread and think you're going to tell me 205/45/16.

Rears: I believe you also say I can go 205/45 here too but that's a bit too stretched for my taste.

Can I run 215/45 without modifying fenders in the rear? What about 225/40?

Thanks in advance.
              Early Model Front License Plate Filler for Sale: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=363721

Late Model Front License Filler Plate for Sale: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=365118

Comment

Originally posted by 87E30VERT View Post
                Car: 1987 E30 convertible

Suspension: JOM (I know) coilovers

Wheels purchased: 16 x 8 et 20 F
                16 x 9 et 15 R

Fenders: stock (not rolled/pulled)

Tires: ?

Front: I've read a years worth of this thread and think you're going to tell me 205/45/16.

Rears: I believe you also say I can go 205/45 here too but that's a bit too stretched for my taste.

Can I run 215/45 without modifying fenders in the rear? What about 225/40?

Thanks in advance.
                Nope, without a roll 205/45 is the limit. 215/40 works also but is TINY.

Comment

3-5mm front.
                  No.
                  If they did before.
                  If there were before.
                  If the wheels require them.
                  I forgot to also ask, what would be the maximum tyre sizes I could fit front and rear?

Comment

I have a 1984 325e. Stock suspension

How wide can I go for the wheels I want without rubbing or rolling my fender? I found some 15x8.5 that like but some people say that I would have to roll my fenders

Comment

E36M fitment on front, e30m on back. Late model. 17x9 et35 front or 17x8.5 et30? What tire option do i have for these? Rear will be 17x9 et22, Ge Coils cut perches
                      Last edited by darvo; 07-31-2015, 10:47 AM.

Comment

1988 325ic
                        17x8 et2 front
                        17x9 et6 rear

Can this be ran with 205/40 front and 215/45 or 215/40 rear, with a roll and pull? Will be lowered on coils, but not super low.

Same car
                        16x8 et5 front
                        16x6 et3 rear

Can 205/50 work on these with a similar roll and pull for the set above?

Comment

I forgot to also ask, what would be the maximum tyre sizes I could fit front and rear?

205/45 is best.

Comment

Originally posted by ginger1340 View Post
                            I have a 1984 325e. Stock suspension

How wide can I go for the wheels I want without rubbing or rolling my fender? I found some 15x8.5 that like but some people say that I would have to roll my fenders
                            Depends on the offset. And if you're stretching the tires or not.

Comment

Originally posted by darvo View Post
                              E36M fitment on front, e30m on back. Late model. 17x9 et35 front or 17x8.5 et30? What tire option do i have for these? Rear will be 17x9 et22, Ge Coils cut perches
                              17x8.5 front, should fit a 215/40 with stock upper mounts or 235/40 if you have camber plates dialed up a bit. Rears are limited to 215/40 if you want no rubbing.

Comment

Originally posted by mbonanni View Post
                                1988 325ic
                                17x8 et2 front
                                17x9 et6 rear

Can this be ran with 205/40 front and 215/45 or 215/40 rear, with a roll and pull? Will be lowered on coils, but not super low.

Same car
                                16x8 et5 front
                                16x6 et3 rear

Can 205/50 work on these with a similar roll and pull for the set above?
                                Offsets too low all around with those. Once you get into single digit offsets, 195s are the safe bet and 205s are pushing it. It really depends on how much pulling you want to do also. 205/40/17s all around and 205/45/16s are my recommendation, which isn't ideal for looks but necessary for fitment.

Comment

Working...
                                X