Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
    205/50 or 215/45 would look great and not need rolling. 225/45s would fit with a roll also. None would appear stretched AT ALL.

Awesome thanks for the fitment knowledge!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    89 325 cabrio in progress m52tub28 swap
    99 540it
    86 Volvo 240 wagon
    99 Cherokee
    13 Passat

Comment

I'm on Hartge 16x7.5 ET25 with Continental DWS 205/50/16s on all four corners. Using CAtuned adjustable coilovers. About how much can I drop it without it rubbing? Thanks for your help!

It used to sit like this before I swapped from bilsteins/eibach pros to CAtuned coils

Comment

I think the rears may touch the inner body. I believe the Ti hubs add about 6-7mm per side, but you still need another 10-12mm IMO. Front will also be paper thin to the struts.
        Thank you! actually difference between stock brake discs and Ti- 18mm, so i hope they will fit tight) Thank you! Will post fitment soon

Comment

Great work in this thread...

17x9 +22 all around, late model car on BC coils with adjustable everything. It has a roll from running 15x8 +0 wheels previously. Thoughts on inner and outer clearance? I've never run 17s and am hoping to get into 235s but I don't want to rub if possible.

Thanks!

Comment

Hi fellow Canadian here :) Hoping you can help me out. I'm an ex-dubber and new to BMWs and the e30 platform and I'm trying to get the best info possible before I order some new wheels. I apologize for the numerous questions but I thought you would be the best to ask.

I just purchased a 1991 318is. I plan to install airlift performance series kit for the practicality. I'm hoping to sit lip when aired out. Im not adverse to camber or staggered setup or running stretched tires.

I need to find out: Assuming custom 3-piece 16" wheels
            What are the widest wheels possible? Front and rear
            What are the biggest lips you can run?
            final et's (I don't want to run spacers)

Based on what I've been able to see on the 16" Fitment page I'm looking at something like:

16x9.5 et? Lip?
            16x10.5 et? Lip?
            Tires?

Aside from the performance Air lift front struts with camber adjust built in, is there any recommended subframe or control arm upgrades that will help me achieve my goals?

Is a frame notch or any modifications required in order to lay frame when aired out?

Please let me know what you would recommend

Picture of my last build for attention
            - DSC00427 by Jonathan Leung, on Flickr
            Build Thread: Here
            Instagram: @jonnymooshoo
            Automotive Photography IG: @automotive_photo
            www.jonathanleungphotography.com

Comment

Originally posted by gabe_e30 View Post
              1992 318i cabrio e30
              16x8 et +20
              Pretty low

Do I have to roll/pull my fenders?
              Do I need spacers?
              Tire size?

Thanks!

Gabe

Bump! Thanks Jay!

Comment

See post 8712

Originally posted by gabe_e30 View Post
                1992 318i cabrio e30
                16x8 et +20
                Pretty low

Do I have to roll/pull my fenders?
                Do I need spacers?
                Tire size?

Thanks!

Gabe
                89 325 cabrio in progress m52tub28 swap
                99 540it
                86 Volvo 240 wagon
                99 Cherokee
                13 Passat

Comment

Originally posted by KnockOffBrand View Post
                  So I'm thinking about getting some 15x8 Advanti storm S1 wheels(et 25) with 205/50r15 kumho tires. I'm on h&r race springs with bilstein sport shocks and struts. My fenders are rolled to accommodate for the 16x8 et20(xxr 530) wheels and 225/50r16 bridgestone tires I have on now. There is still a good bit of rubbing with the 16s on. Do you think I'll have any trouble with the 15s and smaller tires? Thanks.
                  Bump
                  sigpic

Comment

I'm looking at buying 4 16x9 et15 wheels but I'm looking for the safe tire size to run with no stretching. I was thinking 225/45 as the car does have lowering springs
                    Not possible.
                    There's multiple e30s on this forum with these wheels so it's gotta be possible. The guy I'm buying them from had them on his e30 but he had a stupid stretched look going on.

Exhibit A: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=164309
                    Exhibit B: https://www.google.com/search?q=16x9...=16x9+azev+e30

Throw me a bone here.
                    1990 325i Cashmere Beige

"I don't like question marks. They're like exclamation points, but think they're fancy because they're curved. I won't tolerate it." -MNChiefsan

Comment

15x8 et 18, I know 225 will work, but will 235 or 245 work? Was reading about fitment issues but with 18 is the offset in the zone where they won't rub anywhere?
                      BMW tech
                      Umass Amherst
                      05 wrx sti

Comment

Originally posted by KnockOffBrand View Post
                        So I'm thinking about getting some 15x8 Advanti storm S1 wheels with 205/50r15 kumho tires. I'm on h&r race springs with bilstein sport shocks and struts. My fenders are rolled to accommodate for the 16x8 (xxr 530) wheels and 225/50r16 bridgestone tires I have on now. There is still a good bit of rubbing with the 16s on. Do you think I'll have any trouble with the 15s and smaller tires? Thanks.
                        Need to know offsets for everything mentioned here.

Comment

Originally posted by _kanon View Post
                          I'm on Hartge 16x7.5 ET25 with Continental DWS 205/50/16s on all four corners. Using CAtuned adjustable coilovers. About how much can I drop it without it rubbing? Thanks for your help!

It used to sit like this before I swapped from bilsteins/eibach pros to CAtuned coils
                          Literally to the ground. Perfect fitment wheels, the German tuners got it right in the 80s.

Comment

Originally posted by gkurey View Post
                            Great work in this thread...

17x9 +22 all around, late model car on BC coils with adjustable everything. It has a roll from running 15x8 +0 wheels previously. Thoughts on inner and outer clearance? I've never run 17s and am hoping to get into 235s but I don't want to rub if possible.

Thanks!
                            Problem is the fronts will need 10mm spacers to clear the struts, placing them too far out for big rubber. For functional fitment 17x8 is about the limit.

Comment

Originally posted by Jonnymooshoo View Post
                              Hi fellow Canadian here :) Hoping you can help me out. I'm an ex-dubber and new to BMWs and the e30 platform and I'm trying to get the best info possible before I order some new wheels. I apologize for the numerous questions but I thought you would be the best to ask.

I just purchased a 1991 318is. I plan to install airlift performance series kit for the practicality. I'm hoping to sit lip when aired out. Im not adverse to camber or staggered setup or running stretched tires.

I need to find out: Assuming custom 3-piece 16" wheels
                              What are the widest wheels possible? Front and rear
                              What are the biggest lips you can run?
                              final et's (I don't want to run spacers)

Based on what I've been able to see on the 16" Fitment page I'm looking at something like:

16x9.5 et? Lip?
                              16x10.5 et? Lip?
                              Tires?

Aside from the performance Air lift front struts with camber adjust built in, is there any recommended subframe or control arm upgrades that will help me achieve my goals?

Is a frame notch or any modifications required in order to lay frame when aired out?

Please let me know what you would recommend
                              16x9.5 +0 (little extra space for the bags) 215/40
                              16x10.5 +5 225/40

No frame mods. Natural rear camber will be a ton aired out so you typically don't need to touch much back there.

Comment

Originally posted by Blake B View Post
                                There's multiple e30s on this forum with these wheels so it's gotta be possible. The guy I'm buying them from had them on his e30 but he had a stupid stretched look going on.

Exhibit A: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=164309
                                Exhibit B: https://www.google.com/search?q=16x9...=16x9+azev+e30

Throw me a bone here.
                                No, I answered your question. You can't run 225/45s without rubbing constantly on those. I recommend 205/45s.

Comment

Working...
                                X