Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lenwood View Post
    hi r3vers, can i mount style 4 or 5 16" with stock suspension? i know i need adapters and 18And 20mm adapters. 205/40/16 fit ok? then what if i add bilstein sports and h&r springs? any comments appreciated
    With 18mm adapters, yes but barely. I prefer 195/45 as 205/40 leaves you with zero ground clearance.

Comment

Originally posted by Ayodmo View Post
      When it comes to offsets, I'm completely clueless. I have a 1991 bmw 325i right now and I'm on the hunt for new wheels. When I was younger I always wanted an e30 with bbs-rs wheels, so that's what I plan to get. I currently found a set that is 8.5 and 9.5 size 16" with +15et. Does anyone know if that will fit fine? Will I need to buy some spacers?! And as for the tires, my car is currently bagged so I would like it to sit somewhat flush when it's aired out.

The old setup I had was...
      17x8 et33 in the front
      17x10 et20 in the rears

I also had adapters on the car which obv pushed the wheels out more but I forget what size they were...

**The wheels I am planning to get are 4x100 so adapters won't be needed. If anything, I will need spacers if it doesn't clear something.

long story short...I just want to know if those spec wheels will fit my car without a problem. If they won't fit, what size spacers will I need and what size tires will I need?!

appreciate any and all help :D
      With stock struts or coilovers, those will clear without spacers. Depending on your bag setup you might need front spacers. 195/45 and 205/45 would work well for aired out fitment.

Comment

Originally posted by Mushroom Stew View Post
        Hey Mystikal,

I'm thinking of going back to 14" basket weaves from my 16" wheels. I'd like to run some wide tires if possible. Is 215/60 too much for a 6.5" 14" basket weave? I could go with 195 if absolutely need be, but would like something a little wider.
        Yep, 215/60 was a popular mod back in the day. I think the 205/60 Federal 595 is the best wider than stock 14" tire available now, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
          Yep, 215/60 was a popular mod back in the day. I think the 205/60 Federal 595 is the best wider than stock 14" tire available now, though.
          Awesome, thanks! I was just about to browse this thread but I may as well ask you- what would be needed to fit 15x8 0 off set wheels? I'm considering getting another set along with the 14's. Not against fender rolling either to get the 15's to fit. What tire sizes would you recommend for the 15's besides 225/45 (incredibly difficult size to find in Canada)?

EDIT:

Actually nm looks like they will fit with 205/50 but lots of fender rolling/pulling probably required (I have a later model). I guess what I don't know without test fitting them is what size wheel spacers I'll need?
          Last edited by Mushroom Stew; 03-03-2016, 12:24 PM.

Comment

Sorry, I'm of no help when it comes to aftermarket arches.
            Understandable... thanks for the thread all the same.

Stig

Comment

With stock struts or coilovers, those will clear without spacers. Depending on your bag setup you might need front spacers. 195/45 and 205/45 would work well for aired out fitment.

thanks man! :D:D
              I'm gonna order em, test fit em and if worse comes to worse, i'll get some spacers!

Comment

Greeting wheelmathicians, I need to know asap if a 17x9 et 20 will fit a late model with a hard roll and no pulling on the rears I'm on coils with a 650lb spring/billy sport. tire will be a 215 40 17 yoko Sdrive.

Thanks!
                http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=316212

BMWCCA #398608
                IG @yagayo38

"The Best E30's were built with two camshafts four cylinders and sixteen valves!".

Comment

What size tires would I run if I put 16x7 +20 Style 29s on my car with 18mm adapters? Final offset +2. Currently have 16x8 +5 (adapters) Style 5s with stretched tires and am trying to get away from it a bit and go with another OEM wheel. Maybe a 215/45 would be a good meatier tire?

Comment

So I picked up an e36 TI msport and bought a set of ACS typeII monoblocks. 17" 8.5 et15 and 9.5 et 22. I test fit them and they clear but poke more that I had thought they would. I'm unsure on tire size. Input would be greatly appreciated.
                    Looking for a 3.46 or lower LSD. Lets make a deal.
                    LSx e36TI coming soon
                    Originally posted by s0urce
                    Man, she'd be so easy to rape

Comment

86 325e
                      4x100
                      18mm (.7inch) adaptors

Can someone fill me in on offset?
                      They're 17 inch, looks like 9 and 8 staggered

what size tires should i get
                      thanks in advance

Last edited by fenwick; 03-13-2016, 09:10 PM.
                      Legit Sellers: Insomniac912, SixerFixer, 3liter6, NoSnowJustIce, JustXtreme, SLEEPYDUB

Comment

Going to run 16x9 ET20 all around. Lowered on H&R sports. Ideal tire recommendations? Spacers? Willing to roll, pull if necessary. TIA!

92 325i Calypsorot Convertible
                        H&R Sport Springs+HD Billies+E90 Drop Hats

Comment

4 door 318i lowered on shitty coils. Would 16x8 et 20 with 195 40 r16 look good? Would I have to roll or pull? I can't find any examples of this combo. Is that too much stretch?

Comment

can i fit Kerscher wheels on my e30 iX,
                            front 7 1/2J*16H2-ET20 and rear 9J*16H2-ET15
                            What spacers, and tyres?
                            thanks.

Comment

205 50 16 or 205 45 16?

205 50 16s or 205 45 16s?

Comment

Originally posted by Ravosa View Post
                                4 door 318i lowered on shitty coils. Would 16x8 et 20 with 195 40 r16 look good? Would I have to roll or pull? I can't find any examples of this combo. Is that too much stretch?
                                Is it a late model 318 or early???

Pretty sure that'd fit without rolling in the rear, the front may require a ~5mm spacer depending on the coil/collar/spring's relationship to the wheel.
                                I think 205/50 is perfect on an 8, that's what I'm running, 16x8 et20 with spacers making effective et 13F 10R but my fenders are rolled, also a late coupé and I don't know specifically know about sedans.
                                -Christian

'02 ///M3 CarbonSchwartz 6MT daily beast
                                08/91 Mtechnic II 325IC alpine/lotus
                                318iS, slow build/garage queen...
                                '37 Chevy pickup, the über project
                                Originally posted by roguetoaster
                                Be sure to remind them that the M42 is one of the best engines ever made, but be sure to not mention where it actually falls on that list.

Comment

Working...
                                X