Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am going for a particular look with my wheels and I dont know much about offset so bear with me. I love the look of this car, but the wheels up front are a little wide for my taste. I want to go with a 15x7/8 staggered offset. These rears are perfect in terms of fitting out the rear quarters, but if I went with a 7" up front should I keep the same ET15 offset to bring the wheels in a little closer under the front fenders? My car is currently slamemd on vogtland(?) lowering springs and Im hoping I wont have to roll the fenders and im hoping there wont be any rubbing issues up front with a 15x7 ET15?

This picture says the set up is 501: (15x8, ET 15, 205/50/15)

Also, I think the 205/50/15's look perfect on the rear, but what tire size would i want on the front 15x7's to match?

Thanks
    Attached Files

Comment

I have an 87 i that was stock with et35 bottlecaps. I tried to put my 90 ix basketweaves on and it hit the strut tower when I lower the car. What size of space will I need? Is the "et35" the millimeter offset? like if et41 is 6 more then et35 do I just need 6mm plus spacers? Please help
      CBAKE
      86 Eta (sold)
      88 325ix (sold)
      87 325i

Comment

Yes, et35 means +35mm offset. however, if you get 6mm spacers you will lower the offset, giving the wheel an effective +29mm offset.

Comment

Hi guys, I was wondering whether some 17x8 et25 rims with 215/45s on them would fit properly without spacers on my 1988 fl e30 which has lipped guards and is slightly lower than factory?
          Currently have some 17s on there that need spacers but I need to get new wheels since spacers are illegal here and it won't pass its next inspection with them on.
          Also could I run a 225 in the rear with this setup? Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by runnoelrun View Post
            First off. Thank you for your input over the years.
            Canadian people always helping out the homies.
            Currently running 16x8 +28 offset
            205/45 with h&r spring front / vogtland rears +20mm spacer (raises the car) because I drive a vert. Heavier in the back.

Question: Do you think I could run 235s all around, already have fenders rolled very professionally done. ( I like square set ups)
            Thank you in advance.
            There are no 235 16" tires available. And no, it wouldn't fit anyway. :)

Comment

Originally posted by E30newb6 View Post
              I am going for a particular look with my wheels and I dont know much about offset so bear with me. I love the look of this car, but the wheels up front are a little wide for my taste. I want to go with a 15x7/8 staggered offset. These rears are perfect in terms of fitting out the rear quarters, but if I went with a 7" up front should I keep the same ET15 offset to bring the wheels in a little closer under the front fenders? My car is currently slamemd on vogtland(?) lowering springs and Im hoping I wont have to roll the fenders and im hoping there wont be any rubbing issues up front with a 15x7 ET15?

This picture says the set up is 501: (15x8, ET 15, 205/50/15)

Also, I think the 205/50/15's look perfect on the rear, but what tire size would i want on the front 15x7's to match?

Thanks
              Yep, 15x7 with the same offset is exactly what you want. I'd use 195/50 tires.

Comment

Originally posted by cbake82 View Post
                I have an 87 i that was stock with et35 bottlecaps. I tried to put my 90 ix basketweaves on and it hit the strut tower when I lower the car. What size of space will I need? Is the "et35" the millimeter offset? like if et41 is 6 more then et35 do I just need 6mm plus spacers? Please help
                You can get away with as little as a 5mm spacer up front. That said, those wheels look best with 15mm front 20mm rear spacers.

Comment

Originally posted by Yeah View Post
                  Hi guys, I was wondering whether some 17x8 et25 rims with 215/45s on them would fit properly without spacers on my 1988 fl e30 which has lipped guards and is slightly lower than factory?
                  Currently have some 17s on there that need spacers but I need to get new wheels since spacers are illegal here and it won't pass its next inspection with them on.
                  Also could I run a 225 in the rear with this setup? Cheers
                  215/45 is a bit tall, and will probably scrub the front fenders or liners occasionally. 215/40 would be ideal. There are no suitable 225 tires, and 235/40 will fit with a rear fender roll.

Comment

I have an 89 vert on eibach Springs, I have 15x8.5 wheels et 25 that I want to put on , any tire size and recommendations?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

which tires?

I bought 16x7 et20 wheels for m 87 vert. Which 205-50 would work the best for street. I haven't lowered my car yet but may in the future. Right now I have Michelin pilot sports and the ride nice.

Comment

89 e30 vert with e30 m3 body panels.
                        e36 m3 front suspension.
                        Z3M rear.

Looking to run a 17" wheel. 8/9 inch width and a tire with little to no stretch.

Comment

running a 17x9 +25 in the rear, will 235/40/17 595RS or Nankang NS-2R fit? late model cab on H&R race
                          Worlds 1st LS powered e30 cabby.
                          Cab
                          billac: 92 LagunengrĂ¼n cabriolet + cadillac LQ9 + Nitrous + rotiform SJC

Raphael: 88 LagunengrĂ¼n IX + Hella 500's + Red ACS type 1's

Shaggin Wagon
                          : 01 325xiT 5 speed

91 MR2 GT3076TS + E85 = 505whp + antilag = wheelies
                          88 CRX OEM+ 42mpg DD.

Comment

ET question

hey, shout out from Australia!

i have a 1990 318is, just picked up some 16x7 ET33 BBS RS with 4x114.3PCD which are going in for a full refurb.

i could fill and drill but i'd rather run 20mm adapters as i'd like a nice wide track and would therefore run beefy spacers anyway.

i know ET25 is the ideal, and these would end up being 12mm further out, but any possibility this would fit? and what tyres should i run? and would i then need to roll the fenders?
                            Attached Files

Comment

I have a set of style 32 17x8 et20 for the front and 17x9 et26 for the rear. Doing a 5lug swap with GC coils. Would you be able to tell me what size spacers/tires i would need to run?
                              Originally posted by dvck
                              I'm going to say this nicely; go fuck yourself.

Comment

I have some Schmidt modern lines. 16x9 et 25 I think. I'm looking to run a meaty tire. I am on coils with rolled fenders.

Comment

Working...
                                X