Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by e30polak View Post
    Wheel Size: 17X7
    40mm Offset
    Universal Bolt Pattern: 4X100 & 4x114.3

will i be able to run ie3s with these wheels? or will h&r sport work better?

i have them with i think a 15mm spacer, with 215/45/17 g-force kdws all around

also with wutever springs i go with, wut is the widest tire size that would work?
    With a 15mm spacer, you can slam that car as far as you want without issue. 215 is the widest tire you can run, as 225 is the max for 7" wide wheels and there are no 225 tires that will fit without modification due to being oversized. There is one 225/40/17 tire, but it's terrible. Also, 215/40/17 is the correct size.

Comment

damn that blows about the tires, but i'm not sure if i can slam it too low w/out running negative camber, because the rims slightly stick out. do i have the wrong size spacer??? it might be a 20 mm, but i doubt it, i got the spacers from eurostop when i bought the rims...
      Check out Undr8d Empire on Facebook: www.facebook.com/Undr8dEmpireLlc

INSTAGRAM: @UNDR8D_EMPIRE

Scarlet V2 - #Project333Ti by @castromotorsport, @kingsautobodyshop, @bimmerheads, @hardmotorsport, @excel_motorsports & @mateomotorsports - http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=371356

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Originally posted by e30polak View Post
        damn that blows about the tires, but i'm not sure if i can slam it too low w/out running negative camber, because the rims slightly stick out. do i have the wrong size spacer??? it might be a 20 mm, but i doubt it, i got the spacers from eurostop when i bought the rims...
        Well as you lower the car, the camber naturally increases. Every stock height car with proper offset wheels looks like the wheels stick out, but they tuck in as you lower it.

Even with 20mm spacers, you'll be fine.

Comment

I have some 16x8 ET20 wheels that on plan on wrapping with 245/45/16's. How close will fitment be with just rolling the fenders? I'm willing to flare the fenders a little if needed.

Comment

Originally posted by mazur View Post
            I have some 16x8 ET20 wheels that on plan on wrapping with 245/45/16's. How close will fitment be with just rolling the fenders? I'm willing to flare the fenders a little if needed.
            You will need to flare them out, and a good amount. Even 225/45/16 tires (which are both narrower AND shorter) require some damn good rolling on those wheels, so expect some relatively involved bodywork. Also, you might need 3mm spacers depending on the tire shape.

-Jay

Comment

Question for Mystikal

Mystikal,

I just purchased a set of 17x7.5 SSR Competition wheels made for the MINI Cooper S. They are 4x100 ET37 with a large center bore that required centering rings for the MINI. I believe the center bore on the MINI is 1mm smaller then the E30. I plan to have custom centering rings made to fit the E30 (unless you know where I can buy a set that will fit).

My question is... I assume I will need to run spacers, what size spacers will I need to run front and rear? I have IE Stage 3 lowering springs on the car and am running -3 degrees of camber up front and -2 degrees of camber in the rear. I plan to run 235/40/17 Falken Azenis RT615s.

Also, I’d prefer to not roll the rear fenders unless I absolutely have to.

Thanks.
              - 1987 BMW 325is
              - 2002 BMW M3
              - 2003 BMW 540i Sport

Comment

Originally posted by Andy View Post
                Mystikal,

I just purchased a set of 17x7.5 SSR Competition wheels made for the MINI Cooper S. They are 4x100 ET37 with a large center bore that required centering rings for the MINI. I believe the center bore on the MINI is 1mm smaller then the E30. I plan to have custom centering rings made to fit the E30 (unless you know where I can buy a set that will fit).

My question is... I assume I will need to run spacers, what size spacers will I need to run front and rear? I have IE Stage 3 lowering springs on the car and am running -3 degrees of camber up front and -2 degrees of camber in the rear. I plan to run 235/40/17 Falken Azenis RT615s.

Thanks.
                I went ahead and bought a set of 8mm spacers w/ 35mm bolts and a set of 15mm spacers with 45mm bolts. I figure I’ll test fit the wheels with the different size spacers and see what fits best and then return what I don’t need.

I’m still interested in your thoughts on the fitment of these wheels and also if you have any advise on centering rings.

Thanks.
                - 1987 BMW 325is
                - 2002 BMW M3
                - 2003 BMW 540i Sport

Comment

Mistikal Borbets

Hi,

I stumbled onto a set of new in the box 16x7.5 ET35 Borbet type Cs. The car is a plastic bumper (89) E30. I am wondering foremost about the spacers required. Also I am uncertain of the wheel's bore since I have not gotten them yet. I was thinking of trying the RT215Azenis, or a G Force sport, or possibly a
                  RE-01R. I'm not averse to rolling fenders but would like to avoid it for simplicity's sake. So what size tire is best for this wheel, and what size spacer (hubcentric?) should I be looking for? Any other gotchas?

Thanks,

Ron

Comment

Originally posted by Andy View Post
                    Mystikal,

Thanks.
                    Hi Andy, sorry for the late reply.

Those wheels should actually *just* squeeze by on the inside without any spacers. Worst case scenario, cheap universal 3mm spacers on the front only (which don't need longer lugs). I highly recommend avoiding the 8mm spacers, they leave the wheel solely spported by the lugs and are overall a dangerous setup.

For centering rings, just take a trip to any good local shop (say the ones who will mount the tires) and have them test-fit rings to find the correct size. If you're uncomfortable with the plastic ones (I never had issues, but those with heavy track duty will) at least you now know the size and can order metal ones from Tirerack.

-Jay

Comment

Originally posted by ron k View Post
                      Hi,

I stumbled onto a set of new in the box 16x7.5 ET35 Borbet type Cs. The car is a plastic bumper (89) E30. I am wondering foremost about the spacers required. Also I am uncertain of the wheel's bore since I have not gotten them yet. I was thinking of trying the RT215Azenis, or a G Force sport, or possibly a
                      RE-01R. I'm not averse to rolling fenders but would like to avoid it for simplicity's sake. So what size tire is best for this wheel, and what size spacer (hubcentric?) should I be looking for? Any other gotchas?

Thanks,

Ron
                      Hey Ron,

Nice wheels, although it's too bad you found the VW fitment instead of the E30 ET20 offset model. As you may have guessed from that, 15mm spacers would be your best bet with those wheels. They fall in an uncomfortable offset range where a spacer around 8mm-10mm would allow better fender clearance, but if the wheel has a 57.1mm centerbore the spacer cannot physically have a hub lip and are therefore not recommended.

With 15mm spacers and 205 tires, you should not need to roll your fenders. If you want to get aggressive with 225/45/16 tires (or even 215/45/16 Falken RT-615s) you will likely have to roll the rear quarters and maybe the fronts. Given your aggressive tire penchance, I recommend the mentioned RT-615, a 225 Hankook R-S2 Z212, or even a RE-01R, which IIRC is only in a 205/50/16 (I may be wrong, or they may have expanded). They are all excellent choices, I'm enjoying my new 225/50/15 R-S2s immensely.

-Jay

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
                        Hi Andy, sorry for the late reply.

Those wheels should actually *just* squeeze by on the inside without any spacers. Worst case scenario, cheap universal 3mm spacers on the front only (which don't need longer lugs). I highly recommend avoiding the 8mm spacers, they leave the wheel solely spported by the lugs and are overall a dangerous setup.

For centering rings, just take a trip to any good local shop (say the ones who will mount the tires) and have them test-fit rings to find the correct size. If you're uncomfortable with the plastic ones (I never had issues, but those with heavy track duty will) at least you now know the size and can order metal ones from Tirerack.

-Jay
                        Great advise about the centering rings, thank you. Also, I’m glad to hear I may not need the spacers after all. I plan to test fit them tonight, I’ll keep you guys posted.

Thanks again.
                        - 1987 BMW 325is
                        - 2002 BMW M3
                        - 2003 BMW 540i Sport

Comment

Nice wheels, although it's too bad you found the VW fitment instead of the E30 ET20 offset model.
                          Story of my life! If they don't work I will just pass them along and look for the ET20 version. Meanwhile I will try to determine the centerbore diameter. The wheels are enroute fron Germany. By the way, I thought I wanted a 57.1 bore?

Thanks,

Ron

Comment

Originally posted by ron k View Post
                            Story of my life! If they don't work I will just pass them along and look for the ET20 version. Meanwhile I will try to determine the centerbore diameter. The wheels are enroute fron Germany. By the way, I thought I wanted a 57.1 bore?

Thanks,

Ron
                            Oh, I'm absolutely sure they won't work. I tried that with 16x7.5 ET35 Borbet Type-E's many moons ago, they touch the struts. And now that I think about it, those wheels DO have oversized centerbores, and very strange ones at that. Not a common size for rings.

Therefore, custom ~8-10mm spacers are possible, and will let you run 225's without rolling (or just a tiny roll on the rear).

-Jay

Comment

Jay,

Who makes custom spacers? I need to know the E30 diameter (57.1 right?) and the wheel bore diameter and thats all right? Never messed with any spacers before. Would the 16x7.5 Et20 Borbet type C be a direct fit?

Thanks,

Ron

Comment

There is a member on here who makes them, I can't remember who. He would have all of the specs already except the thickness you want and the inner/outer bore of the spacer (inner meaning 57.1mm for the car, outer meaning what fits inside the wheel). The ET20 C's might still need centering rings, no biggie.

-Jay

Comment

Working...
                                X