Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IRON-E View Post
    I have some 16x8 et 23 and 16x9 et 14, I'd like to put on my car. I'm looking to add a 15mm spacer to the 16x8 and a 10mm spacer to the 16x9.
    What's the biggest tire size I could run, to have minimal rubbing under the fenders. My fenders are already all rolled and I'm coil overs with camber plates.
    Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
    The rears are just too aggressive. With just front spacers and none in the rear, 205/45 all around can be fitted.
    So no other options?
    @IRON-E30 aka Edwin:D

Comment

Originally posted by IRON-E View Post
      So no other options?
      Yokohama S.Drives in 175/50r16 and 195/45r16 sizes and the most aggressive roll of your life. *puts up umbrella for following shit storm*
      1990 325i Touring - The Bonsai Bimmer - Patiently Waiting
      1984 316 Coupe - The Base Model - Pain in the Ass
      1988 750iL - The Daily Driver
      ...And a couple others...

Comment

I already purchased 17x8 and 17x9 wheels with et25....what are my options as far as tires or should I change width on tires my car is completely stock 1991 318is

Comment

Another option, opinions please.

Should just barely work with 195/55/15 tires. Very aggressive fitment.
          Thanks for the info, but I think I've moved to another option. Again, E30 cabrio, KYB and H&R Sports. She sits a bit lower in the 2nd pic, since the springs have settled.

ESM-009 16x7.5 ET18 4x100 CB57.1 Lip Size 3.0" Gun Metal/Polished Lip - Front
          ESM-009 16x9 ET15 4x100 CB57.1 Lip Size 4.0" Gun Metal/Polished Lip - Rear

Any fitment issues here? Tire sizes with no stretch, and little to no speedo errors?

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0168.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	119.0 KB
ID:	7188118

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0179.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	103.6 KB
ID:	7188119

Comment

Sometimes. There is no guarantee a 12mm will work either, though.
            Do you think I'll have to get extended lugs ? Or stick with what I have

Comment

Originally posted by Nick_e30 View Post
              Do you think I'll have to get extended lugs ? Or stick with what I have

If you do a 12mm spacer you will need extended lugs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              1988 E30 325iC
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Malcolm206 View Post
                If you do a 12mm spacer you will need extended lugs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                Ok thx I'm hoping 10mm is fine I don't want to do a 12 I'm afraid of the fronts poking out too far and it looking dumb

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

89 325is tire size??? Mystical i have set of staggered wheels 15x7 front and 15x8 back et 12...what tire size can i use? currently im running 15x8 front and back et 20 with 225/45/15 all around h&r sport springs an blisteins sport ( i dont like my current wheels tho) with no problems i believe the fenders are slightly rolled....what tires can i used? thanks in advance...the bottom pic are the wheels in question...not my car tho!
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by ferndigity; 08-21-2016, 06:32 PM.

Comment

Mystikal, 16x7.5f 16x8.5r et19

Comment

17x8 ET34 on a late model sitting on IE3s. Fenders aren't currently rolled but could be.

What size tires should I run? Spacers needed?
                      sigpic

Comment

Early model coupe with z3m rear 5 lug and e36m fronts. 18" is the smallest wheel that can be fitted due to the brakes. So what width and et do you suggest with running a "normal" size tire.

Comment

Mystical, do you have any recommendations?

Originally posted by NC325iC View Post
                          looking for a good tire recommendation. There seem to be far fewer options in my current tire size.

I am running a set of DForce LTW5 15" wheels. My current tires are 225/50/15

Street driving only, what size/brand/model tire would you recommend?
                          Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally posted by TimKninja
                          Im more afraid of this thread turning into one of those classic R3v moments, where Pizza gets delivered.

Comment

i recently picked up some trm 15x7 et25 wheels. Ive got 205/55 15s on the car right now, but would like to go wider. Ive heard 225 45 or 50s are about as wide as you want. Biggest question is who makes a decent tire in those sizes. Mostly for daily use with occasional autocross. Supercharged m20 laughs at my crappy 205s.

Comment

Front: Can't work
                              Rear: 225/45s and a good fender roll.
                              You're saying I can run that wheels size on the front at all?

EDIT. To make it easy, my 16x9 +25 modern lines.

Comment

Stock IX basketweaves (ET 45 I believe) on my stock 88IX with stock suspension.
                                I have some tires I'd like to use on front and back that are 225/50.
                                Will they rub?
                                Whatever
                                88ix coupe, 89seta turbo sedan

Comment

Working...
                                X