Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d_elson0 View Post
    Does anyone know if BMW Style 15 (16x7.5 et20) will clear e36 m3 brakes?
    I know e38 style 5s can but can't find information on style 15s clearing (w/ or without spacers)

thanks
    Style 5s are 16x8 et23. if style 15 won't clear then you need 3mm spacer.

Comment

89 vert on eibach springs and bilsteins looking to buy wheels that are 15x8 et 17 on 205 50 15 tires will I have any clearance issues ?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Mushi View Post
        Style 5s are 16x8 et23. if style 15 won't clear then you need 3mm spacer.

great thanks.

Comment

I have a set of Borbet H wheels on my 89i and put some H&R sports and bilsteins on it. There was a slight rubbing on the driver's side on right hand turns so I put 5mm spacers on both sides. I'm still getting a slight rubbing (I hear a "shing shing shing" metal on metal) on the driver's side on right hand turns, which seems counter intuitive. This wasn't a massive drop IMO (though I could be wrong), but how likely is it that I would larger spacing on one side?
          Whatever
          88ix coupe, 89seta turbo sedan

Comment

Hey guys right now I'm running Ronal LS (15"x7.5") on 205/55R15. I'm on ground control coils without camber/caster plates. I want to run Rx7 front brakes up front which requires a 15mm spacer. I test fit the spacers and at full wheel lock I was getting some rubbing on the frame. Is this something I could correct with the camber/caster plates I just got from ground control? Or is it simply that my tires are too tall? Thanks!
            ▲ 1991 318is ▲ | Feedback Thread

Comment

Does anyone feel like helping me out with E36 fitment?

Would like to know what the max wheel/tire width would be on all four corners without fender mods. Looking for flush fitment no poke and no rubs.

Thanks!

form.follows.function IG @mplfoster

Comment

Are the sidewalls of 225/60r15 tires going to look giant and weird on ronal ls 15" wheels?

Trying to get maximum clearance for my oil pan.

Comment

225/60 is pretty big for an e30. Is this for an e30? I had 205/55 on 15x 7's and it was a bit of a squeeze with a final offset of et5 (et15 + 10mm spacer to clear brakes)

edit: just found a good example of how ballooney 225/50 looks on 15x8's

IMO it's pretty sick but any bigger could be silly
                  1984 Delphin 318i 2 door

Comment

16x8(front) et15?
                    16x9(rear) et20? would like to run 235 or 245. I don't want to stretch the tire if I can get away with no rub or rolled flares.

would I need spacers?
                    Last edited by OmarE30; 06-13-2018, 01:54 PM.

Comment

[ATTACH]121840[/ATTACH]

Comment

Car: 1984 316
                        Suspension: stock
                        Wheel: Borbet 16x7.5J ET30

Wondering which is better for stock suspension, 205/45 or 215/45? Will it look dumb? will i need spacers?

I am looking for doing the suspension soon, nothing fancy or slammed, just lowered a bit and on the budget side. Recommendations? maybe just B6 with shorter springs, coilovers are over-budget.

fenders will not be altered.

Comment

15x9 ET0 Fitment

15x9 Rota Grid-V's ET0 with 245/40R15 Maxxis RC1 Slicks.
                          Rear fitment is perfect and does not rub at all with no spacers.
                          Fronts stick out about 1 inch and that's with a 15mm spacer (All I had) Switching to a little smaller 12mm spacer to tuck them in little more. Very minimal rubbing on the front. This is a temporary setup but just wanted to post this to show that it does work. I will be putting on bolt-on over fenders in the future. This is a dedicated track car so I am running Ground Control Coilovers. Handling is fantastic even with the front track being wider than the rear.
                          Say what you will about this setup but it works great for me.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0635.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	111.5 KB
ID:	7197206

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0639.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	51.7 KB
ID:	7197207

Comment

Quick question regarding spacers here...

I just got a set of 15x7 et+38 Kosei K1's. I tried test fitting them and noticed that both the 205/50/15 tires rubbed on the strut tube, but more importantly that the inner hub rubbed on the inside curved edge of the brake caliper.

I've confirmed the hub bore sizing is 73.1 and I've already picked up some 57.1 to 73.1 hubcentric rings for them. But I'm curious about spacers up front.

I want to run 5mm up front and 10mm in the rear, but noticed that the 5mm spacers dont come with the extra hub lip like the rears do. I measured the hub lip on the brake rotor and its roughly 12.7mm, and adding a 5mm spacer gives me 7.7mm of hub lip left on the rotor. Is this enough or should I run some hub extenders too?
                            Steve • Toronto
                            1991 318is • Brillantrot
                            Build Thread

Comment

This thread has been great as I was searching through trying to find some answers to my questions, but wanted to post up my situation and see if someone can give me a definitive answer.

Car is a 1991 318is with an s50 swap and I'm trying to get more tire under the rear. Suspension is BavAuto springs/Billy Sport. Stock hubs.

I had always wanted a set of Borbet type a's but could never find 4x100's
                              I ended up impulse buying a Porsche staggered set.
                              16x7.5 et20 & 16x9 et15 but 5x130.

Adapters all seem to be 20mm, although some had 25/30mm also.
                              So assuming a 20mm adapter, that would make the fronts a +0 and rears -5?

Ideally I'd like to have a 235/245 tire in the back and a 215/225 up front, but I'm unsure if additional spacers would be needed for the front?

Currently the fenders have not been rolled/pulled and I'm guessing there's no way to avoid doing that?

My hope is these wheels can be usable but not rubbing or pokey, but if not I'll eat my mistake and resell them.

Would anybody have photos of a 16x9 -5ish and 16x7.5 +0ish that they could share? Or answers/comments/opinions on the setup?
                              Thanks!

Comment

Hey Jay! I have a 1986 325es, and I'm wondering if I can run 15x7 ET47 Style 32 wheels from an E36? Stock suspension, but will go the H&R/Bilstein route once I've finished the body/engine work. I've searched, but my forum search skills must not be up to par. Cheers!
                                Last edited by hawaiie30; 07-24-2018, 10:40 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X