Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Staszek View Post
    No, the 215 tire is a half inch taller and not as wide.

215/50/16
    Dia 24.5"
    Wid 8.5"

225/45/16
    Dia 24"
    Wid 8.9"

It may work but Im not sure.
    ok thanks for the info..yeah it's for a rim that's 16x8..would be close.

Comment

Originally posted by spyder918 View Post
      ok thanks for the info..yeah it's for a rim that's 16x8..would be close.
      Usually, the largest for that size is a 7.5, it will go on but will be stretched a bit.
      Euro Delivery Thread///E30 Project Klaus///COTM August 2021

Comment

Usually, the largest for that size is a 7.5, it will go on but will be stretched a bit.
        How about 225/50/16 for Style 5 16x8?

Comment

Originally posted by spyder918 View Post
          How about 225/50/16 for Style 5 16x8?
          Way too tall and it will rub. The 225/45/16 barely fit as is.
          Euro Delivery Thread///E30 Project Klaus///COTM August 2021

Comment

Way too tall and it will rub. The 225/45/16 barely fit as is.
            Damn..I'm doomed.

Comment

Hi guys, I’m looking to fit re-drilled 16” 7,5 ET14 in the front and 16” 9 ET20 back on my -87. Alternatively I could go for 8,5 ET14 but as I understand it, it barely makes a difference. Got Eibach pro-kit lowered 40mm front and 30mm back. What tire size should I go for? Thankful for your input.

Regards Markus
              Last edited by littlemac; 07-12-2019, 03:11 AM.

Comment

Hi. I´m going to buy a set of 17 8,5j et13 wheels for my 89 coupe.
                Will i have problems fiting them ?
                I will run 205 40 r17 tires.

Comment

I am currently running 17x8.5 et 20 esm 002r wheels with 215 40 tyres all round. Running low but not what you call stanced. Have enough space to not rub at all four corners but the rim sits almost flush with the fender at this stage and if i go any lower without any camber adjustment, the rim may rub on the fender which I would like to avoid.

Considering the following wheels but the specs show that my rim will sit 15mm further out on fronts and i believe 23mm or so further out on the rears with the tyre specs below. Will this be an issue to install and run lower than now? My fenders are slightly rolled already. My plan was to purchase coilovers as I am currently on lowering springs and I have 0 caster control in the rear which means I may have to run camber to install this set successfully and make it work. Anyone have experience with this sort of fitment below and is it doable. Or should I avoid.. my aim is to install a set that sits nicely without too much work.

Red car is mine with its current ride height and esm wheels. the white is my friends ride with the wheel specs listed below that I am thinking of switching over to. Not sure he even made it work but he has coilovers and camber adjustment I believe..

Brand: BBS
                  Model: RS039
                  Tyres: New TOYO Proxies T1R 205/40 & 225/40
                  Pair / Set: Set
                  PCD: 4x100 and 4x114.3
                  Diameter / Width / Offset:
                  16x8.5 +5
                  16x9.5 +9

Regards

Last edited by Zinno30; 07-17-2019, 07:14 AM.

Comment

Fitment question

Will 15x8.5 Et 29 fit on an e30?

Also, what recommended tire size for this wheel spec?

Thanks lads, cheers :)

Comment

I've been on the hunt for reasonably priced BBS wheels for a while now.

I just picked up a set in need of refurbishment on craigslist. These are the Volkswagen BBS RM012s. I've ordered new hardware and 2 inch lips which brings these wheels to 15x8 all the way around.

In researching the sticky I found out that the wheels will be the following spec once I've installed the new lips.

15x8 et14.95 -- Now I need to figure out which spacers to use and what size tires to go with. I'd like to drop the car 2 inches max. Eventually.

Any suggestions on tire size? Would a 10mm spacer be the best way to go? Would I need longer studs?

Thanks in advance!
                      65k 325i Automatic
                      1985 M635CSI Frank Fahey Stroker
                      1970 BMW 2002 (in restoration)

Comment

Picked up a set of oem 14in basket weaves this week. Rubber is shot so I'm curious how wide of a tire can I fit on these safetly. Wheel is 6.5 wide et30 offset. Any recommendation for tires?

Comment

I ran 225/50R14 Hoosiers on mine. Probably my favorite wheel/tire setup ever on an E30 - light as fuck, grippy as hell.

Pretty sure the stock wheel/tire combo on my E90 weighs at least 3x more. lol

I'm just sad I sold those wheels. They were mint too. :(
                          Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Your car might be the only one on the planet that I think blacked out out kidneys are “ok”. Really great pic
                            My son has the 1987 325e, 2 door, 5speed
                            I daily the 1989 325i, 4 door, 5speed

Comment

16x8.25 offset et25 lowered on HAndR with bilstein sport . Well in progress . Wheels spacer? Also 205-50 or 225-50 tires . I get confused with so many posts on here . Any guidance would be nice TIA

Comment

I just wish there were more options for the 14". I have been debating on grabbing a set of the toyo proxes r888 in 205 50 14. Anyone run these on a street car?

Comment

Working...
                                X