Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by turbski View Post
    I just wish there were more options for the 14". I have been debating on grabbing a set of the toyo proxes r888 in 205 50 14. Anyone run these on a street car?
    I haven't run them on 14", but they've been my "street" tires on the E30 since like 2009.

They are loud though, and stiff. Don't expect 50,000 miles either.
    Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

do they hook up ok? the noise I can live with as its 3in from turbo back with vibrant resonator and muffler. Im running a cheap 195 65 14 right now and if im not paying attention 2nd and 3rd gear are useless.

Comment

Very noobie question here. I have an '87 coupe with 14' bottle caps. Tire size is 215/70 R14. I am looking to get an e30 sedan, also with 14' bottle caps. Those tires are 195/65 R14. Are these wheel/tire sets interchangeable? Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by djanalog View Post
          Very noobie question here. I have an '87 coupe with 14' bottle caps. Tire size is 215/70 R14. I am looking to get an e30 sedan, also with 14' bottle caps. Those tires are 195/65 R14. Are these wheel/tire sets interchangeable? Thank you.
          Yes. If you Google tire size calculator there are a few good ones that will give you max and min tire sizes for a given wheel size.
          those will fit

Comment

Thank you very much for the help!

Comment

Is anyone else here running the new ground control full coil over kit and if so what wheels and tires are you running? I just installed the kit and took it to the track and it was awesome but I am still running on 16" redrilled wheels and conti street tires. Want to go to the widest tire I can am open to 15, 16 or 17's. I do like the Apex wheels but I know they will be heavier than say a slipstream. Yes I have tried searching but can't find my exact combo.

Free shipping to Europe on all Rota Wheels : Rota Slipstream 15x8" 4x100 ET20, Satin Black ! Awesome design and perfect finish for your car.

looking these

or these

Either with a Toyo R888R in as wide as I can go. Probably 225 square right?

The guy I bought the car from says the fenders are rolled front and back but I have no idea how much.
              Last edited by mabimmer; 08-14-2019, 05:22 AM.
              Brilliantrot 1991 325-1995 BMW S50 Engine S50 intake-headers Borla Pro XS- 318is Radiator Spal 16” pusher fan Cone filter Tuned by RK- Bilstein Sport dampers with IE springs -Z3 steering rack- 16” style 5 from E32 Wilwood 4 piston Dynapro calipers -EBC pads Volkswagen Corrado rotors stainless steel lines-E32 M5 master cylinder, 325iX brake booster, 2002ti remote reservoir-1996 325i driveshaft Z3 3.15 Torsen LSD Z3 1.8 shifter IS lip and spoiler Antenna deleted Euro Grilles

Comment

Is it possible to get e34 basketweaves to fit on a e30?

Comment

Originally posted by Dawskip View Post
                  Is it possible to get e34 basketweaves to fit on a e30?
                  With an 18mm 4x100 to 5x120 adapters they will be at an offset of +2, you can make it work with fender work and narrow tires but it will be really tight. They wont fit as is. The will fit pretty perfect if you do a fill and drill.
                  Euro Delivery Thread///E30 Project Klaus///COTM August 2021

Comment

Been doing a bunch of reading and think I've come to a decision, just need some verification/confirmation before I pull the trigger:

Early Model E30
                    Fortune Auto Coilovers
                    IRE 295 BBK

For consideration:
                    15x8.5 +25 (5-10mm spacer all around (Exact size TBD))

Will 225/45/15 fit or do I need 205/50/15?

Rear Fenders are pulled and front fenders are rolled. I'm not all too concerned about aesthetics/stance. Just trying to get as much grip as possible for future plans (Aiming for 450+ whp).

My concern with the 205 is that I'm essentially losing a good bit of surface contact. The 225/45 should be about the same height as the 205/50 but the shoulder will be an inch wider. I don't mind lifting the car .5-1" to clear the wider shoulder if it means an 2" of additional contact area.
                    Last edited by dcw242; 08-27-2019, 08:00 AM.

Comment

Can someone help me on a size 16X9 25 offset. Car is lowered on eiabach prokit and konis. Thanks in advanced!

Comment

Car: 1988 325i convertible
                        Suspension: KW V3 coilovers
                        Wheel: BBS RS Reps 17x8.5 et15 all corners
                        Tire: 215/40/17 or possibly 225/40/17

Can someone confirm this will work without any rubbing? Do I need spacers??
                        TJ - Alpine 88' 325IC

sigpic

Comment

Need some tire help please.

Bbs rs 16x7.5 et19 front and 16x8.5 et20 rear.

I bought 205/50s and 225/45 and they are huge and needs lots of rolling. Car is also dropped on H&R sports.

Looking to get get new tires. Any thoughts??

Comment

Here is the setup.

205/50 front 16x7.5 et 19
                            225/45 rear 16x8.5 et 20
                            Attached Files

Comment

Car: 1990 325i coupe
                              Suspension: Jom coils
                              Wheel: JNC15x8 et20 4x100
                              Tire: 225/50/15 or 205/50/15
                              I'm going for fitment, I'd like it tucked if possible would this work?
                              85% of the time i have no idea what I'm doing

Comment

Year: 92

Model: vert

Suspension: airlift e36 front struts with e30 camber plates, rear is e30 airlift with z4 hubs.

wheel stats: konig ultraforms 17x8 5x120 et35

Tire Size: I want meat, minimum 225/40, 235 preferably, and open to 245 and up.

other info: willing to roll my fenders, like a fat chick on top of a hill.

just need to know what size spacers I need?
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X