Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey guys, wondering if anyone has any insight on fittinf 17x10 et20s in the rear. I want to pull them off but my suspension set up is not very aggressive. I’m on IE3 springs and soon-to-be 80a bushings all around. I’m debating whether I should go with 12mm riser bushings or not (don’t wanna go with weld-in tabs). Currently, I have -2.5 degrees of rear camber with the Ie3s. I’m scared that if I go with the riser bushings, I will have problems with the fenders riding on the tire because the camber would probably increase to about -2 degrees or so (I’ve already rolled the fenders). I’m also not really willing to go with too much of a stretch, I’m thinking 245/40s?
    if anyone has any insight, please let me know! This fitment game is stressful lol
    "Time doesn't heal anything... It just teaches us how to live with the pain." - My Cracked Dashboard

Comment

Looking for fitment advice on an E30 M3 with H&R race springs. I have a set of APEX ARC-8 wheels that are 17x8.5" ET20 that im trying to decide on tire size and determine whether or not I will need camber plates upfront. The tire size recommended is 215/40R17 but says may require some negative camber upfront depending on suspension setup. Since the H&Rs are so low but also pretty common I wanted to see if anyone else has experience fitting these or if there are other options

Comment

Looking for some wheel fitment tips. I’ve been out of the E30 world for a number of years and am finally coming back. My heads filled with Nissan wheel fitment so I need to refresh my brain.

I’ve got an 88 325is. I’m going to order a set of front and rear lowering springs and bilsteins to go with. I’m thinking about BBS RS wheels in a 15x8 size but might consider a 16x8. I want to fill the wheel wells nicely and have a flush fender fitment. What size, offset and tire size should I be looking at?

Comment

Hey guys, out of curiosity anyone here run MiM rims? I have 1900 15x7 offset 13 and running 205-50-15, I was wondering if it would be problematic running 205 60 15 or 215 55 15 on the car im running stock suspension at the moment also would that that same fitment fit once i get lowering spring or coilovers?
          Also have some 16in style 4 16x8J ET23 re-drilled to 4x100, I know i might need spacer on the front however not sure if anyone out there tried this, my question is how big do i need to get the spacers in order to make it work I heard 5mm would do but not sure( btw im running stock suspension)

Comment

Car: 1988 325i convertible
            Suspension: KW V3 coilovers
            Wheel: BBS RS Reps 17x8.5 et15 all corners
            Tire: 215/40/17 or possibly 225/40/17

Can someone confirm this will work without any rubbing? Do I need spacers??
            TJ - Alpine 88' 325IC

sigpic

Comment

Hi guys just recently bought some redrilled bbs rs 297s for my e30. The wheel specs are 16x7.5 et27 and 16x8et33. Will I have any fitment issues? Regards
              Brock

Comment

Back again with another fitment question....

Chassis: 1989 325i 2 Door
                Suspension: E30 M3 W/ Ground Control Coilovers (About 1.5-2" Drop)
                Wheels in Question: 16x7.5 ET 27
                Tires in Question: 225/45/R16

Thanks in advance!
                My Garage
                2001 Z3 2.5i Steel Gray/Black (Lexi)
                1988 325ix Diamond Schwartz/Black (Izzy)
                1989 325i Cirrus Blue/Houndstooth (Stitch)
                Feedback

Instagram: Stone.Hopkins

Comment

​​​​​​ ​​​​​Hi guys,
                  I have a question regarding tyres. I have a 1990 E30 sedan as seen in the picture. I just installed a set of H&R lowering springs. I also bought a set of BBS RX203 17x8 ET10. I need to get a set of tyres and I have narrowed down the options to between 205/45/17 or 215/40/17. I do not plan to slam the car. So I need to find the balance. I don't want my car to look skinny but at the same time, I don't want the tyre to rub the fenders. I don't mind rolling the guards as long as still maintain the factory look from the outside (no widebody look). Any suggestion is much appreciated. Thanks
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Leonstt View Post
                    ​​​​​​ ​​​​​Hi guys,
                    I have a question regarding tyres. I have a 1990 E30 sedan as seen in the picture. I just installed a set of H&R lowering springs. I also bought a set of BBS RX203 17x8 ET10. I need to get a set of tyres and I have narrowed down the options to between 205/45/17 or 215/40/17. I do not plan to slam the car. So I need to find the balance. I don't want my car to look skinny but at the same time, I don't want the tyre to rub the fenders. I don't mind rolling the guards as long as still maintain the factory look from the outside (no widebody look). Any suggestion is much appreciated. Thanks
                    Hmm 17x8 with ET10 is going to be aggressive no matter what tire you put on it. 215 you will have to roll, 205 I think will slip by, but 205 on an 8" wheel will look stretched, I dont like that but others are ok with it.
                    Last edited by Staszek; 01-16-2020, 01:11 PM.
                    Euro Delivery Thread///E30 Project Klaus///COTM August 2021

Comment

Originally posted by Staszek View Post

Hmm 17x8 with ET10 is going to be aggressive no matter what tire you put on it. 215 you will have to roll, 205 I think will slip by, but 205 on an 8" wheel will look stretched, I dont like that but others are ok with it.
                      Thanks for the reply

Rolling the fenders I dont mind at all. In fact, I'm going to do it as soon as I get my car back before putting the wheels on.
                      As long as no body hacking (widebody) I dont mind at all

Comment

1990 BMW 325i on BC racing coilovers
                        Im looking at a set of BBS rs wheels
                        16x8 et24 215/40 in the front
                        16x9 et24 215/40 in the rear
                        Will these fit or do I need wheel spacers/fender rolling

Comment

Originally posted by m3dave View Post
                          1990 BMW 325i on BC racing coilovers
                          Im looking at a set of BBS rs wheels
                          16x8 et24 215/40 in the front
                          16x9 et24 215/40 in the rear
                          Will these fit or do I need wheel spacers/fender rolling
                          Is that filled and drilled or do you have a 5 lug swap. Fill and drill that should fit fine although I think its too short a tire, you need 215/45R16 which I dont know if they make many tires in that size.

Comment

Originally posted by Staszek View Post

Is that filled and drilled or do you have a 5 lug swap. Fill and drill that should fit fine although I think its too short a tire, you need 215/45R16 which I dont know if they make many tires in that size.
                            Filled and drilled. And thanks for the info

Comment

Originally posted by m3dave View Post

Filled and drilled. And thanks for the info
                              Ok cool I ran a 225/45R16 on a 16x8 et 23. I was lowered and had a slight rub in the rear. I raised the rear with some spring pads and that stopped. So you could go that size which is readily available and be fine if you are not lowered. If you are you may need a slight rear fender roll depending on how low.

Comment

Was running 16x7 et20 Konig Remembers with 205/15-16 and 1.5 lowered with camber correction all the way around. I liked the way thing fit, but the car + wheels now wrecked and I'm starting over.

found a set of 16x7.5 et30 reps,.....anyway these could fit? Guessing that 10mm wheel spacer would keep it the same as previous.
                                Last edited by beta14ok; 04-03-2020, 02:00 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X