Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Jay, I found that site that has all the hub rings on it for sale in case someone gets stuck looking for the correct one...again you mention most tireplaces have them and usually give them out free, but just as a reference:

Reminiscing...

Comment

Originally posted by M42Technik View Post
      Hey Jay, I found that site that has all the hub rings on it for sale in case someone gets stuck looking for the correct one...again you mention most tireplaces have them and usually give them out free, but just as a reference:

http://www.1010tires.com/hubrings.asp
      discounttiredirect.com has em for $17.99 plus like $4 shipping!
      IG: deniso_nsi Leave me feedback here

Comment

Originally posted by dude8383 View Post
        discounttiredirect.com has em for $17.99 plus like $4 shipping!
        Shit, I forgot about that site. Another failed attempt at help! I'm leaving the wheels/tires subforum! Leave it to Jay!
        Reminiscing...

Comment

205-50-15 RA1s on 15x7 et15, how would they fit?
          225-45-15 Hankook RSs on same

Comment

hi Mr. Mystikal,

I'm cross-posting this response from MaxBimmer.com. I hope that's legal. I'll cross post your response back there if you see this one first.

Quote:
            Originally Posted by Mystikal
            Rank these in order:

Ride Quality
            Noise
            Dry Traction
            Wet Traction
            Steering Response
            Price
            Treadlife

-Jay
            [end quote]

1) Steering response
            2) Ride quality
            3/4) Dry traction (tied)
            3/4) Noise (tied)
            5) Wet traction
            6) Price
            7) Treadlife

Oh, I forgot to say that I'll need summer tires only (the car will be garaged for snow and ice season). Also, I think I've decided to go with the 15x7.5 Ronal LS rather than the reconditioned OE BBS.

EDIT: Right now my two leading choices are the Toyo T1-R and the Michelin Pilot Exalto PE2. I'll be going with 205/55-15.
            sigpic
            1990 Schwarz 325i coupe

Comment

Mystikal question. I have a 1991 BMW 325i with from what I have gathered they have lower rear wheel arches. I am going to run koni front and rear adjustables with H & R race springs. I have just purchased a set of 17x7 et25 wheels and was really wanting to go with a 225/40-17 tire. Altough the selection is not great for tires I am more interested really in a tire that has decent wear which they should since it is rated at a 300. But do you forsee any problems running a slightly oversized tire on this rim with the suspension setup that I am planning to run. According to a tire calculator software that I have used it is only roughly 1/2" wider than that of a 205 or 215. I know it will have a slight bulged look but it shouldnt be to bad. Do you think there will be any rubbing issues, fender rolling etc....Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by lance_entities View Post
                205-50-15 RA1s on 15x7 et15, how would they fit?
                225-45-15 Hankook RSs on same
                The RA-1's may squeeze by without a fender roll at all.

225/45/15 RS-2's run very narrow (the 225/50/15 doesn't, however). If you're interested in a balls-out street tire, run the 205/50/15 Falken RT-615 instead (it's actually just as wide, and is a stickier tire anyways).

-Jay

Comment

Originally posted by whelton70 View Post
                  Mystikal question. I have a 1991 BMW 325i with from what I have gathered they have lower rear wheel arches. I am going to run koni front and rear adjustables with H & R race springs. I have just purchased a set of 17x7 et25 wheels and was really wanting to go with a 225/40-17 tire. Altough the selection is not great for tires I am more interested really in a tire that has decent wear which they should since it is rated at a 300. But do you forsee any problems running a slightly oversized tire on this rim with the suspension setup that I am planning to run. According to a tire calculator software that I have used it is only roughly 1/2" wider than that of a 205 or 215. I know it will have a slight bulged look but it shouldnt be to bad. Do you think there will be any rubbing issues, fender rolling etc....Thanks
                  225/40/17 would be fine, but the only tire made in that size is the Nitto NT555. It's horrid.

215/40/17 tires will already look damn meaty. Do that.

-Jay

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
                    The RA-1's may squeeze by without a fender roll at all.

225/45/15 RS-2's run very narrow (the 225/50/15 doesn't, however). If you're interested in a balls-out street tire, run the 205/50/15 Falken RT-615 instead (it's actually just as wide, and is a stickier tire anyways).

-Jay
                    For speed/stick it would go then RA-1 > Azenis 205 > Hankook 225? , even if it was 225/50-15?

Or is it just not worth trying to fit a 225 on the wheel since Azenis are sticky icky?

thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by lance_entities View Post
                      For speed/stick it would go then RA-1 > Azenis 205 > Hankook 225? , even if it was 225/50-15?

Or is it just not worth trying to fit a 225 on the wheel since Azenis are sticky icky?

thanks!
                      Welcome to my battle.

I have 15x7 wheels, and I hesitantly just put on a set of 225/50/15 R-S2s. I'm still not convinced I'm faster with these than the 205/50/15 RT-615's I had on for a week last year. Even if they are faster, the Falkens just feel so much better (it's all in the sidewall).

With a 7" wheel on the track, for a street tire it's Azenis all the way.

-Jay

Comment

Any experience with the BFGoodrich g-force T/A KDW-2 tires then? I will go with the 215 but it is going to be hard to stay away from these tires. I do not think there is a better looking tread pattern on the market. These tires just look fast sitting still. It going to be a hard sell to keep me away from them.

Comment

KDW2's are awesome tires if you can stand the noise.

-Jay

Comment

The noise will not be a big deal since my daily driver is a 2005 Ford F250 SuperDuty. Not sure which is louder the tires or the diesel engine when driving down the road. Also I am thinking about a set of 15" wheels that I have found that were part of a group buy. They are 15" Konig Imagine wheels in the opel color in a 15x7 et20 4x100. They were made for the e30's only and this guy has 5 sets left. Do you think a 225/50 will fit under the same setup (koni f & r adjustables, H & r race springs) on a lower rear arch car(1991 325I)? Thanks for the input on this stuff, once I get the car done I will post some pictures

Comment

Originally posted by whelton70 View Post
                              The noise will not be a big deal since my daily driver is a 2005 Ford F250 SuperDuty. Not sure which is louder the tires or the diesel engine when driving down the road. Also I am thinking about a set of 15" wheels that I have found that were part of a group buy. They are 15" Konig Imagine wheels in the opel color in a 15x7 et20 4x100. They were made for the e30's only and this guy has 5 sets left. Do you think a 225/50 will fit under the same setup (koni f & r adjustables, H & r race springs) on a lower rear arch car(1991 325I)? Thanks for the input on this stuff, once I get the car done I will post some pictures
                              Roll the rear fenders completely flat. I had to with my identical setup.

-Jay

Comment

Hey man,

So I've got a bit of dilema.

I bought 16 x 7.5 rims ET 25. One of them is done for.

I have two that are on their way now, but they're an ET 38.

What spacer would you recommend I run?

Pics for reference:

IG: deniso_nsi Leave me feedback here

Comment

Working...
                                X