Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E30 M3 5lug with:

17x10 et20 rear, 235/40 tires (or maybe 245/35?)
    17x8.5 et13 front, 215/40 tires (orrrr maybe 205/40?)

What's your take?
    -Erik
    '16 Focus 2.0L - '99 Protegé DX 1.6L POS (Sold) - '87 4runner 22R-E (Sold) - '86 Schwarz S50 (Sold) - '02 WRX Wagon (sold) - '07 Impreza 2.5i (sold) - '91 Alpine M52 (Sold) - '89 Alpine 325is (Sold)

Originally posted by 87e30
    I just want to dance with some beezies

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
      I guess the stock suspension height is saving you. As soon as that car comes down...it will most likely rub.

225/50/15 isn't even remotely an option on those wheels without fender flaring.
      By fender flaring, do you mean cutting out the original fenders and bolting in wider ones?
      Or do you mean pulling and rolling the original ones...because i dont really mind doing that..

Originally posted by Janderson
      you can have the keys to my hunk of 20+ year old West German steel when you pry them from my cold dead fingers.

Comment

Any clue if the 0 offset wheels in a15x8 or 16x8 will fit a 89 bmw with low arches and ie3 suspension. Sorry tried searching but did not find anything.

AutoCross Photos!!https://picasaweb.google.com/eugenes18t

Comment

Originally posted by AlpineE30M52 View Post
          E30 M3 5lug with:

17x10 et20 rear, 235/40 tires (or maybe 245/35?)
          17x8.5 et13 front, 215/40 tires (orrrr maybe 205/40?)

What's your take?
          Not a chance on that rear setup. 225/35/17 with rolled fenders would be the only feasible way, without getting into flaring.

The front should therefore run 205/40 just to keep the sidewall heights matching. Probably get away without even rolling up front.

Comment

Originally posted by theox69 View Post
            By fender flaring, do you mean cutting out the original fenders and bolting in wider ones?
            Or do you mean pulling and rolling the original ones...because i dont really mind doing that..
            Either one, as long as you have the skills and tools to do the second one properly.

Comment

Originally posted by CrazyB View Post
              Any clue if the 0 offset wheels in a15x8 or 16x8 will fit a 89 bmw with low arches and ie3 suspension. Sorry tried searching but did not find anything.

The guys who are pulling it off are running 195/50/15 or 195/45/16 tires and rolling the fenders.

Comment

16x9

what do you think about this? Yes or No?

can this be fitted to an 87 325e?

RH CUP
                16x9 et45 w/ 205/45?
                what spacers, hub centric, longer lugs is required?

Comment

Just picked up a clean set of staggered 15" RS's for my 91 e30 on h&r/billysports....

15x7 +25 oem rs001's (front, no brainer for the tires)
                  15x8 +12 oem rs002's (rear, a little bit trickier, since late arches have a "mild" fender roll done to them by yours truly.....

can I just run 205/55/15's all around and let the 8's stretch 'em a little bit?

thoughts.........?

Comment

I'll go ahead and answer my own question after swapping the new tires and wheels on this afternoon...

225/50/15's FIT on a lightly rolled late model e30, with a 15x8 +12 offset wheel, even with the h&r lowering springs (sport, not race).

I'm not running these donuts for long, they look too balloon-ish. I'll wrap 205/55/15's all around and call it a day.

Last edited by sennasixty8; 08-12-2008, 06:37 PM. Reason: added pictures

Comment

Originally posted by aworthybrother View Post
                      what do you think about this? Yes or No?

can this be fitted to an 87 325e?

RH CUP
                      16x9 et45 w/ 205/45?
                      what spacers, hub centric, longer lugs is required?

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b3...45ce2dfa4a.jpg
                      I answered your PM.

35mm spacers, which is HUGE. I wouldn't bother.

Comment

Originally posted by sennasixty8 View Post
                        I'll go ahead and answer my own question after swapping the new tires and wheels on this afternoon...

225/50/15's FIT on a lightly rolled late model e30, with a 15x8 +12 offset wheel, even with the h&r lowering springs (sport, not race).

I'm not running these donuts for long, they look too balloon-ish. I'll wrap 205/55/15's all around and call it a day.
                        That honestly and truly doesn't fit, at least by reasonable standards. There's no way that won't rub on a large suspension movement, or even a light one.

Comment

That honestly and truly doesn't fit, at least by reasonable standards. There's no way that won't rub on a large suspension movement, or even a light one.
                          Did you mean to say, that the 225's shouldn't fit, and 205/55's would be a better set-up?

I really didn't think that these 225s would bolt on, but they do. I took my wife out for a test ride around a few corners with dips, and it didn't rub. I have a feeling if there were rear passengers, I'd have issues.

Now... my question is how that 205/55 will look on a 15x8....?

Comment

given that those 225s look like balloons, I'd wager 205/55 will look better.
                            Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by sennasixty8 View Post
                              Did you mean to say, that the 225's shouldn't fit, and 205/55's would be a better set-up?

I really didn't think that these 225s would bolt on, but they do. I took my wife out for a test ride around a few corners with dips, and it didn't rub. I have a feeling if there were rear passengers, I'd have issues.

Now... my question is how that 205/55 will look on a 15x8....?
                              In my opinion, it'll still look quite "ballooney". I'd back down to a 205/50, stock height 15" tires always look strange stretched.

Comment

In my opinion, it'll still look quite "ballooney". I'd back down to a 205/50, stock height 15" tires always look strange stretched.
                                put the 205-55-15's on today, and they're barely even stretched, I wouldn't even call it that.

Pretty happy with the results, car rides and drives smooth, and I'm reaping the benefits of a lightweight and strong forged wheel....

my M42 doesn't have to work as hard as before!

Comment

Working...
                                X