Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by z31maniac View Post
    Google the "miata tire size calculator" you can play with a bunch of different tire sizes to get an idea of the overall diameter of different tires for comparison sake. All tires will vary, but its helpful.
    I know Miata's are 4x100, but they don't work with all the same offsets as the E30 do they? I thought they were able to run really really low offsets.

Well, posterity, you will never know what it cost us to preserve your freedom. I only hope that you will make a good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in heaven that I ever took half the pains to preserve it.
    ~ John Adams ~

Comment

I'm guessing by your reply you didn't find it, this is purely for tire size, not wheel size.

It gives you an idea of say how the overall diameter of a 195/50 comares to the stock 195/65 or a 205/40 to a 205/45.
      Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
      Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
      One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Originally posted by z31maniac View Post
        Google the "miata tire size calculator" you can play with a bunch of different tire sizes to get an idea of the overall diameter of different tires for comparison sake. All tires will vary, but its helpful.
        or for the advanced user... This site has much more information about comparing two sizes/offset/everything.

-Erik
        '16 Focus 2.0L - '99 Protegé DX 1.6L POS (Sold) - '87 4runner 22R-E (Sold) - '86 Schwarz S50 (Sold) - '02 WRX Wagon (sold) - '07 Impreza 2.5i (sold) - '91 Alpine M52 (Sold) - '89 Alpine 325is (Sold)

Originally posted by 87e30
        I just want to dance with some beezies

Comment

Will 17x8 et 20 and 17x9 et 22 with 235/40 17 Hankook rs2's fit? I know I will have to roll the rear just a little more then I have now. But not sure on the front.

Running 16x8.5 et20 front and 16x8.5 et22 with 225/45 16 rs2's now.

Comment

I'm picking up some 16x9's et 15, does any one know how far I can space them out if I go with turbo flares? I want to run 225/45/16 all around.
            Check out Undr8d Empire on Facebook: www.facebook.com/Undr8dEmpireLlc

INSTAGRAM: @UNDR8D_EMPIRE

Scarlet V2 - #Project333Ti by @castromotorsport, @kingsautobodyshop, @bimmerheads, @hardmotorsport, @excel_motorsports & @mateomotorsports - http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=371356

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Will these BBS's fit in an E30?

15x8 ET14
              15x8.5 ET8

RIP

Comment

OK. I got a set of 16x9 Borbet and can pick up some BFG G-Force Sports. Do these tires stretch ok? The fitment I am considering is:

215/40/16 in the rear.
                205/45/16 in the front.

I sit on coilovers with rolled fenders...Is this a reasonable tire setup?

Comment

Originally posted by AlpineE30M52 View Post
                  or for the advanced user... This site has much more information about comparing two sizes/offset/everything.

http://www.rims-n-tires.com/rt_specs.jsp
                  Way cool, thanks for the link, I didn't know about that site.

But thanks to you, when I do find a suitable set of 16 x 9s I already know what tire size and offsets I can get away with. ;)

www.gutenparts.com

Comment

Originally posted by deansbimmer View Post
                    OK. I got a set of 16x9 Borbet and can pick up some BFG G-Force Sports. Do these tires stretch ok? The fitment I am considering is:

215/40/16 in the rear.
                    205/45/16 in the front.

I sit on coilovers with rolled fenders...Is this a reasonable tire setup?
                    You're going to end up with a taller tire in front if you go that way.

I'd go 205/45 all the way around.

www.gutenparts.com

Comment

Hey I'm getting some 16x9 Brock B1s this weekend (et 15). I will be running a bigger tire b/c I'm getting turbo flares. With the flares I want to space the rims out 10 mm up front and 17 in the rear w/ 225/45/16 KDW2s. Do you think this will clear w/ the IE flares?

I also wanted to know what kind of caliper clearance would I have up front with this kind of spacing? I ask this b/c I want to know if the rx-7/corrado brakes will fit underneath?

Mystikal I'd really appreciate your input, since those 17x8s didn't workout.
                      Check out Undr8d Empire on Facebook: www.facebook.com/Undr8dEmpireLlc

INSTAGRAM: @UNDR8D_EMPIRE

Scarlet V2 - #Project333Ti by @castromotorsport, @kingsautobodyshop, @bimmerheads, @hardmotorsport, @excel_motorsports & @mateomotorsports - http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=371356

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

How much does the "poke" differ between a 16x8 et 0 wheel and a 16x9 et 7 wheel?

I'm not sure where the difference in wheel width comes into play.

thanks
                        S50'd

Originally posted by TDE30
                        What is this faggy shit I have happened upon?
                        Originally posted by slammin.e28
                        I can always live in a M3. Can't M3 a house.

Comment

Originally posted by theox69 View Post
                          so id like to run stretched tired on my 15x8 RM's, but I don't want them to be like this..

I'd much rather them be like this...

and I'd like to know what tire size to run to achieve this look...

thanks alot.
                          I just got around to answering your PM. Your 205/50 choice is a good option, it will be slightly less stretched than Ed's old car you posted.

Comment

Originally posted by Bey View Post
                            Will these BBS's fit in an E30?

15x8 ET14
                            15x8.5 ET8
                            Definitely fit, but you'll need to run stretched tires and roll the fenders heavily. 205/50/15 is a good choice (all around).

Comment

Originally posted by b3 2e5tEy View Post
                              I had my wheels off today and measured from the mounting surface to the shocks and from the mounting surface to the fenders on both the front and the rear.
                              In the front I measured to the strut itself at 133.35mm clear and then to the lower spring pad at 98.42mm clear.
                              Will 17's and tires, with no spacers, be under the the lower spring pad?
                              Even when slammmed with coilovers?
                              Thanks for the help again...
                              The 17x7s you posted will definitely mount up without spacers, but they will be incredibly tucked inside of the fenders. The 17x7.5 will be very very close to the front struts, I can't guarantee that will work once you mount a tire.

Comment

Originally posted by Nicademus View Post
                                Do you guys think these will fit? And do you think they're ugly or what?

Touch me
                                Those will bolt up without a spacer, but they will be way inside of the fenders. They'd probably look good with a 25mm spacer and maybe slightly bigger tires (195/55).

Comment

Working...
                                X