Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MookyRobinson
    replied
    Will a 17x8.5 et21 wheel fit the front with fender rolling and stretched tire? Car is a 1991 318i, 5lug e36 non M, GC coilovers.

Leave a comment:

• Lambchop
    replied
    I have an 84 318i with rear drums. I am doing 5 lug swap using dropout from a 3.0 Z3 and front dropout from an e36 M3. What offset would keep the wheels in approximately the same plane as original? Bonus question: I would prefer 15" or 16" wheels so what width can I use with this set up? Thanks

Leave a comment:

• dcf_atl
    replied
    4x100 7x15 et 35​
    works? what size tires? no spacers?

Leave a comment:

• thedodd
    replied
    I've been looking for steelies for my 1991 325iX, and came across Bassett wheels. They look great, and I've seen people use them on their E30s, but I'm not sure how. The ones I'm looking at would equate to a +0 offset, which would obviously poke the wheels out another 41mm from my current stock basketweaves. I like a little width in my stance, and some deep dish action, but how much can I get away with? I'm still pretty new to wheel metrics, and while I have a handle on the math, I'm lacking in the experience. I'm not sure if these would work without needing something else like rolling fenders, etc. Anyone have experience with this/these?

These specifically.

Leave a comment:

• jbontke
    replied
    Originally posted by thedodd View Post
    Will these work on a 1991 325iX? 4x114.3. I really don't know much about wheel fitment, but it seems like a decent deal.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...6-cc1872600dee
    It's the wrong bolt pattern, you need a 4x100. Also the ix hubs are out further and requires a higher off set. Those would probably dig into the fenders.

Leave a comment:

• thedodd
    replied
    Will these work on a 1991 325iX? 4x114.3. I really don't know much about wheel fitment, but it seems like a decent deal.

Leave a comment:

• DEV0 E30
    replied
    Someone recently pointed out this tool to me.

Wheel Fitment Tool on Etsy --- There are probably a dozen copies but it looks pretty well made.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	642
Size:	167.3 KB
ID:	10086987

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	612
Size:	187.7 KB
ID:	10086988

Leave a comment:

• Victell
    replied
    This seems useful if you already have tires to try for fitment.

https://www.speedwaymotors.com/Wheel...up,485869.html

Leave a comment:

• Drewdat
    replied
    Hey all,

Digging through this thread and found some applicable advice but thought I'd ask for my specific application.

1987 325is
    M54-swapped
    H&R Sport Springs
    Body needs work but stock at this point... figure now is the time to roll and pull if needed (want to avoid flares) before painting.

Looking at the SSR Formula Mesh in 16x9 et27

What spacers would I need if any?

Prefer a square setup with meaty tires. Ideally would like to go 245/45R16 all around. It seems with my early model I should have an easier time fitting but still need some rolling. Thoughts?

Leave a comment:

• Holland
    replied
    Originally posted by Northern View Post

I think the 15x8 ET25 are the only ones that will work, but you'll want spacers ~12mm all around, but I'd order them after you check with the wheels installed. Should clear the strut up front without spacers though.

The +0 might fit alright with stretched tires and fender rolling, but I don't think you're going for that.
    Can confirm. I've been running 15X8 ET25 with 10mm spacers for years on a 225/45/15. Rear fenders slightly rolled.

Leave a comment:

• Northern
    replied
    Originally posted by bent0 View Post
    looking at the new kansei tandems, debating between the 15x7 +25, 15x8 +0, and 15x8 +25

getting h&r race springs

what tires should i run and what spec wheel should i get? looking for no rolling or pulling but still a nice stance.

thanks!
    bent0
    I think the 15x8 ET25 are the only ones that will work, but you'll want spacers ~12mm all around, but I'd order them after you check with the wheels installed. Should clear the strut up front without spacers though.

The +0 might fit alright with stretched tires and fender rolling, but I don't think you're going for that.

Leave a comment:

• Northern
    replied
    Originally posted by AusScare View Post
    Mystikal wondering if you have any insight on this combo. I'm looking to fit meaty tyres under my 318is as it's being swapped with a 600hp motor.

Currently running:
    TRM C1 15x8 +20
    Hankook RS-4 225/45r15 front and rear
    No spacers, rolled arches, KW V3 Coilovers and camber tops.

Want to run:
    BBS RS 15x8 +18 front
    BBS RS 15x8.5 +12 rear
    Nankang CR-S 225/45r15 front
    Nankang CR-S 245/40r15 rear

Very hard to find info on anyone running 245/40r15 rear tyres on an e30. Do you think this will work ok given it's an 8.5" wheel, so less chance of touching the inner wheel well? I'm not sure if the Nankangs run wider than the Hankooks, so that could work for or against me.

Thanks!
    I think front will work fine.

Rears: I ran 16x9 ET15 with 245/45R16 Toyo T1R. Late model car, rolled/massaged rear arches. Rubs if car gets too low.
    The CR-S are going to be wider(duh) but much shorter, but even with the outer face of the wheel being 3mm less for you, the tire will probably be sticking out at least another 10mm? I don't think you're going to fit unless you simply have the car high enough not to rub.

Leave a comment:

• 2mAn
    replied
    Originally posted by Semp View Post

Do you think its an aggressive combo?
    Thanks in advance.
    Sounds quite aggressive

Leave a comment:

• Semp
    replied
    Hi guys,

Car is a 90 325i Sedan
    Front E36 5 lug conversion + E36 M3 brakes
    Rear Z3 5 lug conversion

Wheels in question will be BBS style 32's

Front 17x8 et20 - 215/40's
    Rear 17x9 et22 - 235/40's

Do you think its an aggressive combo?
    Thanks in advance.

Leave a comment:

• bent0
    replied
    looking at the new kansei tandems, debating between the 15x7 +25, 15x8 +0, and 15x8 +25

getting h&r race springs

what tires should i run and what spec wheel should i get? looking for no rolling or pulling but still a nice stance.

thanks!
    bent0

Leave a comment:

Working...
X