Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bme3092
    replied
    Here is the setup.

205/50 front 16x7.5 et 19
    225/45 rear 16x8.5 et 20
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Bme3092
    replied
    Need some tire help please.

Bbs rs 16x7.5 et19 front and 16x8.5 et20 rear.

I bought 205/50s and 225/45 and they are huge and needs lots of rolling. Car is also dropped on H&R sports.

Looking to get get new tires. Any thoughts??

Leave a comment:

• flamesone
    replied
    Car: 1988 325i convertible
    Suspension: KW V3 coilovers
    Wheel: BBS RS Reps 17x8.5 et15 all corners
    Tire: 215/40/17 or possibly 225/40/17

Can someone confirm this will work without any rubbing? Do I need spacers??

Leave a comment:

• Rubenlopez101
    replied
    Can someone help me on a size 16X9 25 offset. Car is lowered on eiabach prokit and konis. Thanks in advanced!

Leave a comment:

• dcw242
    replied
    Been doing a bunch of reading and think I've come to a decision, just need some verification/confirmation before I pull the trigger:

Early Model E30
    Fortune Auto Coilovers
    IRE 295 BBK

For consideration:
    15x8.5 +25 (5-10mm spacer all around (Exact size TBD))

Will 225/45/15 fit or do I need 205/50/15?

Rear Fenders are pulled and front fenders are rolled. I'm not all too concerned about aesthetics/stance. Just trying to get as much grip as possible for future plans (Aiming for 450+ whp).

My concern with the 205 is that I'm essentially losing a good bit of surface contact. The 225/45 should be about the same height as the 205/50 but the shoulder will be an inch wider. I don't mind lifting the car .5-1" to clear the wider shoulder if it means an 2" of additional contact area.
    Last edited by dcw242; 08-27-2019, 08:00 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Staszek
    replied
    Originally posted by Dawskip View Post
    Is it possible to get e34 basketweaves to fit on a e30?
    With an 18mm 4x100 to 5x120 adapters they will be at an offset of +2, you can make it work with fender work and narrow tires but it will be really tight. They wont fit as is. The will fit pretty perfect if you do a fill and drill.

Leave a comment:

• Dawskip
    replied
    Is it possible to get e34 basketweaves to fit on a e30?

Leave a comment:

• mabimmer
    replied
    Is anyone else here running the new ground control full coil over kit and if so what wheels and tires are you running? I just installed the kit and took it to the track and it was awesome but I am still running on 16" redrilled wheels and conti street tires. Want to go to the widest tire I can am open to 15, 16 or 17's. I do like the Apex wheels but I know they will be heavier than say a slipstream. Yes I have tried searching but can't find my exact combo.

https://www.driftshop.com/rota-slips...tin-black.html

looking these

https://www.apexraceparts.com/shop-b...c-8-wheel.html
    or these

Either with a Toyo R888R in as wide as I can go. Probably 225 square right?

The guy I bought the car from says the fenders are rolled front and back but I have no idea how much.
    Last edited by mabimmer; 08-14-2019, 05:22 AM.

Leave a comment:

• djanalog
    replied
    Thank you very much for the help!

Leave a comment:

• turbski
    replied
    Originally posted by djanalog View Post
    Very noobie question here. I have an '87 coupe with 14' bottle caps. Tire size is 215/70 R14. I am looking to get an e30 sedan, also with 14' bottle caps. Those tires are 195/65 R14. Are these wheel/tire sets interchangeable? Thank you.
    Yes. If you Google tire size calculator there are a few good ones that will give you max and min tire sizes for a given wheel size.
    those will fit

Leave a comment:

• djanalog
    replied
    Very noobie question here. I have an '87 coupe with 14' bottle caps. Tire size is 215/70 R14. I am looking to get an e30 sedan, also with 14' bottle caps. Those tires are 195/65 R14. Are these wheel/tire sets interchangeable? Thank you.

Leave a comment:

• turbski
    replied
    do they hook up ok? the noise I can live with as its 3in from turbo back with vibrant resonator and muffler. Im running a cheap 195 65 14 right now and if im not paying attention 2nd and 3rd gear are useless.

Leave a comment:

• nando
    replied
    Originally posted by turbski View Post
    I just wish there were more options for the 14". I have been debating on grabbing a set of the toyo proxes r888 in 205 50 14. Anyone run these on a street car?
    I haven't run them on 14", but they've been my "street" tires on the E30 since like 2009.

They are loud though, and stiff. Don't expect 50,000 miles either.

Leave a comment:

• turbski
    replied
    I just wish there were more options for the 14". I have been debating on grabbing a set of the toyo proxes r888 in 205 50 14. Anyone run these on a street car?

Leave a comment:

• prisonerofdoom83
    replied
    16x8.25 offset et25 lowered on HAndR with bilstein sport . Well in progress . Wheels spacer? Also 205-50 or 225-50 tires . I get confused with so many posts on here . Any guidance would be nice TIA

Leave a comment:

Working...
X