16x8 et20..225/45?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • E-rich
    replied
    look guys if i can clear 225/45 rs2 out back on a late model car with my
    "ridiculous" offset wheels..you can do it no problem with a 20 offset...o and i dont rub. which reminds me..i need wider wheels.

    Leave a comment:


  • M42Technik
    replied
    Originally posted by Mystikal
    Yeah, it sneaks up on you. Qimis' 16x9.5" and 16x10" 5x130 wheels blow my mind when I think of the cost. Add to that when I was chatting with him a few weeks ago he told me those wheels (before even widening them) were NEW OLD STOCK when he got them. WTF!
    DAMN. Thats alot of cash right there. Yeah, not worth it to me...

    Leave a comment:


  • Mystikal
    replied
    Originally posted by M42Technik
    Eh nevermind pipedream. 16x7.5 front 16x8.5 rear et18 all around Porsche BBS RS's on adapters with extended lips. Oh lord that price rose fast.
    Yeah, it sneaks up on you. Qimis' 16x9.5" and 16x10" 5x130 wheels blow my mind when I think of the cost. Add to that when I was chatting with him a few weeks ago he told me those wheels (before even widening them) were NEW OLD STOCK when he got them. WTF!

    Jay

    Leave a comment:


  • M42Technik
    replied
    Originally posted by Mystikal
    What are you thinking about now? 16x8 ET18 all around? You can run 215/45/16's just fine (get RT-615s, they'll be stickier than any 225/45 anyways).

    Jay
    Eh nevermind pipedream. 16x7.5 front 16x8.5 rear et18 all around Porsche BBS RS's on adapters with extended lips. Oh lord that price rose fast.

    Leave a comment:


  • Mystikal
    replied
    Originally posted by M42Technik
    What about ET18 all around Jay? I have some new ideas cooking...
    What are you thinking about now? 16x8 ET18 all around? You can run 215/45/16's just fine (get RT-615s, they'll be stickier than any 225/45 anyways).

    Jay

    Leave a comment:


  • Mystikal
    replied
    Originally posted by mazur
    Didn't read much of the thread but...

    I have the same size rotas with 225/45's Hankook RS-2's on my car which, is also on coil-overs.

    Fitment was really easy. No rolling up front and just a normal roll in the rear, meaning no flaring. I had the rear on it's lowest setting and had no rubbing, even when hitting big bumps. Front is lowered to where LCA are parallel to the ground, which is the lowest anyone should go anyway.

    I'm trying 245/45 next. Spacers will be needed up front since 225 is already pretty close to touching the strut... rear should be fine. I'm also probably going to have to do some flaring on the fenders.
    Sounds possible for someone with stiff springs. I've actually seen my friend's 225's melting from when he had 4 people in the car, crazy stuff.

    FWIW, I mounted one of his 16x8 ET20 225/45/16s on the rear of my car before I had rolled fenders, and I seriously couldn't even drive it. Almost permanent rubbing (and I have GCs).

    Jay

    Leave a comment:


  • M42Technik
    replied
    Did we ever find out what wheel he is using at those specs?

    What about ET18 all around Jay? I have some new ideas cooking...

    Leave a comment:


  • mazur
    replied
    Didn't read much of the thread but...

    I have the same size rotas with 225/45's Hankook RS-2's on my car which, is also on coil-overs.

    Fitment was really easy. No rolling up front and just a normal roll in the rear, meaning no flaring. I had the rear on it's lowest setting and had no rubbing, even when hitting big bumps. Front is lowered to where LCA are parallel to the ground, which is the lowest anyone should go anyway.

    I'm trying 245/45 next. Spacers will be needed up front since 225 is already pretty close to touching the strut... rear should be fine. I'm also probably going to have to do some flaring on the fenders.

    Leave a comment:


  • Mystikal
    replied
    Originally posted by 92 mtechnic cabrio
    Yeah but, RT-615s are real shoulder-bulky, so I guess it's 215/45 would only be a little narrower than the RS2's 225s by a minuscule amount.

    I'm sure the early arches help, but the major rubbing area on the rear of an E30 is on the inside below the body line and where it begins to arch.
    Not really, there was a decent difference in section width.

    The early arches help A LOT. I've been helping a local guy mount his 17x10's, on his '87 they're a piece of cake but on a '90 they were on for a show...the rim was HITTING the fender!

    Jay

    Leave a comment:


  • 92 mtechnic cabrio
    replied
    Yeah but, RT-615s are real shoulder-bulky, so I guess it's 215/45 would only be a little narrower than the RS2's 225s by a minuscule amount.

    I'm sure the early arches help, but the major rubbing area on the rear of an E30 is on the inside below the body line and where it begins to arch.

    Leave a comment:


  • Mystikal
    replied
    Originally posted by backtrail69
    My 16x8s et20 w/ 225/45 hankook rs2s fit perfect, mild rolling on the rear of my turbo car. They fit perfect on my eta since it has much stiffer springs and sways.
    You also have early arches.

    My good friend has an '88 with the 16x8s and 225's, I'm telling you guys it's a rubbing nightmare in the back even with rolling. Granted he's only running H&R Sports, but the tires damn near stick outside the fenders. He just killed off the 225/45's and went with 215/45 RT-615s, no more issues.

    Like I said, VERY aggressive fitment.

    Jay

    Leave a comment:


  • 92 mtechnic cabrio
    replied
    :D

    I love you guys

    Leave a comment:


  • backtrail69
    replied
    My 16x8s et20 w/ 225/45 hankook rs2s fit perfect, mild rolling on the rear of my turbo car. They fit perfect on my eta since it has much stiffer springs and sways.

    Leave a comment:


  • M42Technik
    replied
    Originally posted by BrandC
    Like M-tech Cabby says, "if your tires aren't rubbing you have bad wheel fitment".
    Its "if your fenders aren't rolled, you have bad wheel fitment".

    And he's right.

    Leave a comment:


  • BrandC
    replied
    Like M-tech Cabby says, "if your tires aren't rubbing you have bad wheel fitment".

    Leave a comment:

Working...