Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I dont get how your et drops by adding lips in the front??
    I mean it should be the same since I didnt touch the back. There 2 piece so the et will stay at 33??
    My fenders are more then rolled. I got a little pulling too. I was running 15x8 4.5 inch back spacing and 205-50

Comment

Originally posted by e30this View Post
      I dont get how your et drops by adding lips in the front??
      I mean it should be the same since I didnt touch the back. There 2 piece so the et will stay at 33??
      My fenders are more then rolled. I got a little pulling too. I was running 15x8 4.5 inch back spacing and 205-50
      An offset is a measurement of the wheel's center hub possition relative to the centerline of the wheel width. So when you change the lip width you change the overall wheel width, which in turn changes the centerline. Since the centerline is now different, the center hub is in a different possition relative to that new centerline. And so you have a new offset.

Dave
      E30 Dinan Turbo

Comment

Originally posted by lowlightbw View Post
        2.5" lips are going to give you a super low offset. i started with set of RM001's that had an original et of 25, after adding 1.5" lips, my et dropped to 6. however my barrels are 6.5". you def have to do some fender rolling
        what you're saying doesn't even come close to making sense!
        i have 2" lips on my bbs rm's and i have an offset of 13...
        they're 15x8" and they sit flush with the fenders -- in need of some 205/50's!

Originally posted by Janderson
        you can have the keys to my hunk of 20+ year old West German steel when you pry them from my cold dead fingers.

Comment

pics of your? Sorry if I didnt see them..

Comment

Originally posted by theox69 View Post
            what you're saying doesn't even come close to making sense!
            i have 2" lips on my bbs rm's and i have an offset of 13...
            they're 15x8" and they sit flush with the fenders -- in need of some 205/50's!
            It does. He has RM001's.... they have a 6.5" barrel. You and I have VW RM's they have a 6" barrel. His RM's with stock lips were a 25mm offset... ours were a 33mm offset.

Dave

Edit: I'm pretty sure our offset with 2" lips is et14...
            Last edited by bimma360; 10-29-2008, 09:59 PM.
            E30 Dinan Turbo

Comment

thanks dave.
              www.benjamineliward.com

Comment

So what the heck man? There was never any update to the whole "stock BMW lugs not working with VW RMs." Anyone out there running the VW RMs on their e30? I know you guys are out there as the VDub ones are a lot more common then the RM001's. Or was that whole lug thing a "false alarm."

Dave
                E30 Dinan Turbo

Comment

I got my RM's from a VW. Im actually picking them up on the way home tomorrow.
                  So I will check when I get a chance.

Comment

Nice wheels e30this!

Originally posted by bimma360 View Post
                    So what the heck man? There was never any update to the whole "stock BMW lugs not working with VW RMs." Anyone out there running the VW RMs on their e30? I know you guys are out there as the VDub ones are a lot more common then the RM001's. Or was that whole lug thing a "false alarm."

Dave
                    I'm running RM012's with stock bmw lugs and they work just fine.

RIP

Comment

It does. He has RM001's.... they have a 6.5" barrel. You and I have VW RM's they have a 6" barrel. His RM's with stock lips were a 25mm offset... ours were a 33mm offset.

Dave

Edit: I'm pretty sure our offset with 2" lips is et14...
                      So what you're saying is the RM001's had a 0.5" lip making them 15x7" stock?
                      That doesn't seem right...

And et13/et14... I don't really think 1mm makes a difference unless you're racing or getting oversized brakes or need PERFECT tire fitment...

you can have the keys to my hunk of 20+ year old West German steel when you pry them from my cold dead fingers.

Comment

i have bbs rm's

putting lips this winter,
                        curious to see sizing from others.
                        - 88' E30 M3 -
                        - MKV JETTA TDI -

Comment

Originally posted by theox69 View Post
                          So what you're saying is the RM001's had a 0.5" lip making them 15x7" stock?
                          That doesn't seem right...

And et13/et14... I don't really think 1mm makes a difference unless you're racing or getting oversized brakes or need PERFECT tire fitment...
                          I dont know what the stock lip size is on the RM001 but the berral's are in fact 6.5". IIRC the RM001 were wheels that were put on the e30 sport over in Europe, which would explain why they came in a 25mm stock offset. But dont quote me on that.

Lowlightbw, has a thread on here with some pics of his RM001. You can tell that they are pretty different then the vw RM's (RM012). Either way, i dont know why it wouldnt seem right... they are two different wheels made for different car manufacturers by BBS.

Lowlightbw's thread... http://r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=114614

And pages 1 and 2 of this thread have a lot of stuff as well.

Dave
                          E30 Dinan Turbo

Comment

Originally posted by Bey View Post
                            Nice wheels e30this!

I'm running RM012's with stock bmw lugs and they work just fine.
                            Wonderful... then it must have been a false alarm. Thanks. BTW i just ordered a set of 1.5" lips... which will bring the wheels to 7.5" and et20... very excited to see how the sit on the car. When i get it back that is... haha.

Dave
                            E30 Dinan Turbo

Comment

Lowlightbw, has a thread on here with some pics of his RM001. You can tell that they are pretty different then the vw RM's (RM012). Either way, i dont know why it wouldnt seem right... they are two different wheels made for different car manufacturers by BBS.

Lowlightbw's thread... http://r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=114614

And pages 1 and 2 of this thread have a lot of stuff as well.

Dave
                              Oh rightttt. I remember seeing that a little while ago...i find they're pretty different...with the weave being flat and two-toned instead of rounded and one colour...

Comment

the 6.5" barrels make the wheels 7" stock with the half inch lip. so by adding a 1.5" lip they are pushed to 15X8. just like different model RS's that have varying convexity. RS001's are almost flat faced compared to many other RS 4 lug models. RS001's are one of the few RS 4x100 wheels that came with lips larger than 1".
                                www.benjamineliward.com

Comment

Working...
                                X