X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by formula driver View Post
    presitigewheel.com has you covered

Frank, Im pretty sure you know this info, but in case you dont, 16" rs have a 12.25" face, and 17" rs have a 13" face.

Yeap, just measured a set of 16" BBS RS 34 holes centers, they come in a bit over 13", I'm still a little short then., thanks.

Comment

Where can one purchase inverted lips for a BBS RS 17"? (IE .5" or 1")

Specifically this is what I have:
      - BBS RS 262 17x8 (Fronts)
      - BBS RS 263 17x9 (Rears)

Comment

Originally posted by R3Z3N View Post
        Where can one purchase inverted lips for a BBS RS 17"? (IE .5" or 1")

Specifically this is what I have:
        - BBS RS 262 17x8 (Fronts)
        - BBS RS 263 17x9 (Rears)
        Ive got tons of 1" lips.

Im sending you a pm now.

Comment

More random BBS love...

Comment

I once saw a set of black style %s (deep dish) with a red center/studs.

I think it was on an e36

anyone have any pics of this?

Comment

Teaser just cus im excited
              -Greg
              90 325isT - 12.2 @ 120ish - Dyno Results
              b18c5 EG Coupέ - 13.5 @ 100ish - Dyno Results

Comment

lol, slow progress
                -Greg
                90 325isT - 12.2 @ 120ish - Dyno Results
                b18c5 EG Coupέ - 13.5 @ 100ish - Dyno Results

Comment

I'm also excited :)

sigpic

Comment

I've got wood..............ok ok ok, it's only BBSs/028/et11

Picked them up from a guy on CL, the wheels came off a Ferrari Dino., straight 80s love.
                    Attached Files
                    @IRON-E30 aka Edwin:D

Comment

Quick question, I have a set of BBS RS 001 and was wondering if the factory lug nuts work with them?

I cant remember if they are 60 degree taper or rounded seat. Some pics below. Thanks, J

Last edited by slippery; 08-07-2012, 03:50 PM.

Comment

Model: BBS RM
                        Height/Width/Offset: 15x9 et1 and 15x9.5 et-6
                        Purchased from: craigslist (bone stock specs)
                        Plans: ordered a pair of 4.5" lips for the rear, repaint
                        Refurbishment/Polishing Methods: all new urrthang
                        Price: everything? too much

so i picked these up last fall for my miata. got them and immediately started rebuilding them. i ordered a set of 3" lips and 3.5" lips from tunershop. and i got all new chrome hardware from Persch & Partner. i painted them green and first had them with nexxen 195/45/15 tires. but then decided to swap them for 205/50/15 falken rt-615k

the problem i had was that whoever had the set before me refinished them in gold. and when they re-bolted it back up, they WAY overtorqued the bolts. out of the 120 bolts i had to undo, i think it was about 60 had stripped, and about 10 snapped. so i had to drill out and re-tap a bunch of the holes. sighhh...

future plans: i have ordered a pair of 4.5" lips from persch & partner. should be here beginning of september. so that will give me final specs of 15x9.5 et-6 front and 15x10.5 et-19 rear. then i think im going to order a set of the metal polished half-caps from black forest industries, as i hate the plastic centrecaps that the RM's come with.

then i have to decide what colour to paint them. im thinking crayon orange. it will work well with dark green on my touring, as well as the robins egg blue on my miata (gulf racing anyone?)

Comment

Picking up some used wheels this week, trying to identify what specs/width they are to figure what tires i need. They are BBS RS189 rims.

This is whats stamped on them, cant seem to find anything else:

ET38
                          RS189

Any idea what those #'s mean? I know ET is offset right? and RS189 is the model. They are 15"s so im mostly just trying to figure what width is, without measuring...yet. Any help is appreciated!

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

regular width on 189 are 6" with 1" lip. these are re-done as you can see and definitely wider. you'd need to measure em' to make sure. it's VW centerbore.

Comment

Originally posted by flash 23 View Post
                              regular width on 189 are 6" with 1" lip. these are re-done as you can see and definitely wider. you'd need to measure em' to make sure. it's VW centerbore.
                              good to know! yeah he had them refinished not too long ago, but just had them painted. VW centerbore..hmm...so will i need the hubcentrick rings or anything?
                              Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Rennstall has a BBS steering wheel in ;)

Also, i really need to get to work on my RSs. This thread is torture.

Comment

Working...
                                X