My 325iX which I got last month :)

1990 325iX Touring - November 2018 R3V Car Of The Month

1980 Volkswagen Golf mk1 1.1
    1974 BMW 2002 Touring

Instagram

Comment

Almost done. Still have some wiring and custom hoses to make

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Last edited by Shftr8; 12-02-2016, 07:27 AM.

Comment

Finally - some small progress

Life continues to get in the way of the major refurb of my Touring, but I made some small progress recently. Since there is no "What have you done to your Touring today" thread, I'll post here. Not sure I'll ever get around to starting a real build thread.

Driver seat was trashed and didn't match the rest of the interior. Here is a picture of the nasty cushions after I took them out.

Thanks to great members here on r3v, I was able to source really nice cushions (all the way from Canada!). Jeffnhiscars (aka Shock King) provided the new seat shocks for the mechanical refresh. Here's the finished product.

Sourced an MTech 1 wheel from the UK. Leather was trashed, so Stitched Wheels (search the r3v classifieds) recovered it. I added a new M color piece and now it looks great. Here it is on the car.

Cory

All I want for Christmas is a rust free Touring......
        1992 325i Cabrio
        1988 320i Touring
        2000 M5
        1977 530i
        2015 328i - Euro Delivery/Performance Center Delivery
        BMWCCA
        E30CCA

Comment

Now to just swap the dash for the crack free one
          Currently:
          1990 325i Touring LHD
          2014 X1 28i Xdrive

Comment

1990 318i 2nd owner. I have an Mtech 2 spoiler, a new hat, a new fender, a new radio deck, headliner is going to be redone, left side rear wheel bearing, and brakes. All done before The Vintage.
            Click image for larger version

Name:	12494711_1206416609376534_2112099944816743097_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	110.8 KB
ID:	7189892

Comment

Looks good, how do you feel about the M40?

Comment

rear wiper assembly and grey/black cargo cover

Anybody have leads / source to get these parts? thx.

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post
                  Looks good, how do you feel about the M40?
                  It's alright, I am swapping an M42 into it though.

Comment

Originally posted by 1SIKWGN View Post
                    Anybody have leads / source to get these parts? thx.
                    ebay.co.uk or Ivo Christov, or the WTB section here. While I have several cargo covers that I will sell I'd encourage you to check the first two sources before asking the third/fourth.

Originally posted by Porthos View Post
                    It's alright, I am swapping an M42 into it though.
                    Cool, that should be a nice fit for the touring. Plan to keep the 4.27 (which should be your current differential ratio), go 4.1 or maybe 4.44?

Oh, fueling pictures? How about the green nozzle? I miss my 324td.

Comment

Roguetoaster, thank u for the tips!

Comment

ebay.co.uk or Ivo Christov, or the WTB section here. While I have several cargo covers that I will sell I'd encourage you to check the first two sources before asking the third/fourth.
                        I have had good luck with a uk based breaker that advertises here as Sskoda. His web site is willswheels.co.uk. In addition to specific items listed on ebay.co.uk, I've also had good luck contacting breakers that will list a car that they are breaking. Also bought some parts from a breaker that I found on e30owners.com.

I have also found that parts listed as NLA on realOEM, at US dealers and Miximillian are sometimes still available in Europe. My favorite source for new BMW parts from Europe is Schmeidmann. I just copy the part # from realOEM and paste it in the parts search field at Schmeidmann's site. If it lists the part in the search results, they can get it new.

Cory
                        1992 325i Cabrio
                        1988 320i Touring
                        2000 M5
                        1977 530i
                        2015 328i - Euro Delivery/Performance Center Delivery
                        BMWCCA
                        E30CCA

Comment

Cool, that should be a nice fit for the touring. Plan to keep the 4.27 (which should be your current differential ratio), go 4.1 or maybe 4.44? Oh, fueling pictures? How about the green nozzle? I miss my 324td.
                          I am a 318i so no diesel for me. The m42 is going to be easy and cheap for me. I am going to 4.10. Better highway gearing. 4.27 is stupid low and almost impracticable. I am not building a race car so 4.44 is out of the question.

Comment

Originally posted by Porthos View Post
                            I am a 318i so no diesel for me. The m42 is going to be easy and cheap for me. I am going to 4.10. Better highway gearing. 4.27 is stupid low and almost impracticable. I am not building a race car so 4.44 is out of the question.
                            I have a S4.10 if you dont have one all ready

Comment

Originally posted by cory58 View Post
                              I have had good luck with a uk based breaker that advertises here as Sskoda. His web site is willswheels.co.uk. In addition to specific items listed on ebay.co.uk, I've also had good luck contacting breakers that will list a car that they are breaking. Also bought some parts from a breaker that I found on e30owners.com.

I have also found that parts listed as NLA on realOEM, at US dealers and Miximillian are sometimes still available in Europe. My favorite source for new BMW parts from Europe is Schmeidmann. I just copy the part # from realOEM and paste it in the parts search field at Schmeidmann's site. If it lists the part in the search results, they can get it new.

Cory
                              Thank you Cory58!

Comment

Don't worry rouge she's well taken care of!

[IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X