Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Interior (carpet, cards...) help

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Interior (carpet, cards...) help

    Hello folks,

    I would like to swap out the tan interior out of my LHD touring and replace it with anthracite/black and wondering;

    - will the sedan carpet work? door cards?
    - any idea how I can acquire all the rear bits and pieces?


    long shot: anyone actually have pieces they're willing to part with?

    Thank you!
    Sam
    - Sam

    #2
    sedan door cards will work. I've heard sedan carpet(floor section) wont but I have yet to see any indicators as to why is wouldn't since the floor pans are inherently the same. I'd imagine the only section that may not work out is the one right in front of the rear seats, but even then..it'd be a matter of trying(because I don't know of anyone who has).

    Rear bits, I can probably help out with and acquire; what are you looking for?
    -89' 320iT, Brilliantrot
    -15' 320i, Glacier Silver Metallic

    Comment


      #3
      FWIW I have my touring carpet out of the car if you want to see some pics to compare to a sedan carpet. I'm not sure how they compare either
      '89 318i Touring
      '90 Miata

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by crash n' burn View Post
        sedan door cards will work. I've heard sedan carpet(floor section) wont but I have yet to see any indicators as to why is wouldn't since the floor pans are inherently the same. I'd imagine the only section that may not work out is the one right in front of the rear seats, but even then..it'd be a matter of trying(because I don't know of anyone who has).

        Rear bits, I can probably help out with and acquire; what are you looking for?
        Thanks for the info, looked closer today and I even think the carpet that's in my touring has been swapped with a coupe one (has the hole where the seatbelt bracket attaches)... so I'm at this point thinking I can definitely make a sedan carpet work.

        As far as the rear, basically everything you see, the right/left pods, the main carpet.... Using this pic for reference (see attachment)
        Attached Files
        - Sam

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by Heitzke View Post
          FWIW I have my touring carpet out of the car if you want to see some pics to compare to a sedan carpet. I'm not sure how they compare either
          if you can post a pic that'd be great... wouldn't hurt anyway
          - Sam

          Comment


            #6
            They call those side pieces for the rear seats squabs in the UK, and possibly elsewhere if you're ever out to buy a set. Ebay UK is a great place to find the odd colors as well.

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by s4mt3k View Post
              Thanks for the info, looked closer today and I even think the carpet that's in my touring has been swapped with a coupe one (has the hole where the seatbelt bracket attaches)... so I'm at this point thinking I can definitely make a sedan carpet work.
              Do you mean there is a visible hole in the carpet? That would suck for me, since I have a nice grey carpet out of a coupe waiting to be installed in my touring.

              I've read all over the place that the only difference in coupe/sedan/touring carpets is the piece that covers the front of the rear bench, but I did not think about attachment point holes before buying the coupe carpet.

              When I bought my touring, I had no trouble sourcing mint Anthracite front comfort seat cushions with a wtb ad here on r3v. Should also be easy to find sedan door panels.

              Anthracite cloth is the most common touring interior, so finding the touring-specific parts in Europe shouldn't be too hard. You just need to find sellers that are willing to ship to the USA. Here are the sources I 've had good luck with for used touring-specific parts. You might be able to find someone breaking a touring and get most of the interior parts at one time.

              e30owners.com
              e30zone.net
              ebay.co.uk

              Cory
              1992 325i 'vert
              1988 320i Touring
              1977 530i
              2015 328i - Euro Delivery/Performance Center Delivery
              2001 325i - R.I.P.
              BMWCCA
              E30CCA

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by cory58 View Post
                Do you mean there is a visible hole in the carpet? That would suck for me, since I have a nice grey carpet out of a coupe waiting to be installed in my touring.

                I've read all over the place that the only difference in coupe/sedan/touring carpets is the piece that covers the front of the rear bench, but I did not think about attachment point holes before buying the coupe carpet.

                When I bought my touring, I had no trouble sourcing mint Anthracite front comfort seat cushions with a wtb ad here on r3v. Should also be easy to find sedan door panels.

                Anthracite cloth is the most common touring interior, so finding the touring-specific parts in Europe shouldn't be too hard. You just need to find sellers that are willing to ship to the USA. Here are the sources I 've had good luck with for used touring-specific parts. You might be able to find someone breaking a touring and get most of the interior parts at one time.

                e30owners.com
                e30zone.net
                ebay.co.uk

                Cory
                Thank you for the info Cory. I've held off on posting a wtb just cause I wasn't sure if there's a difference btw touring and a sedan, but I'll just go ahead and do that. I've looked on ebay.de with not much luck, though my german is not exactly good haha

                The issue with carpet is it's lhd/rhd specific. So need to keep that in mind when searching for across the pond parts.

                I'll try to get a picture of the "hole" but this is for reference:
                Attached Files
                - Sam

                Comment


                  #9
                  Thanks Sam! That pic helps. Looks like I'll either be living with visible holes or sourcing another carpet.
                  1992 325i 'vert
                  1988 320i Touring
                  1977 530i
                  2015 328i - Euro Delivery/Performance Center Delivery
                  2001 325i - R.I.P.
                  BMWCCA
                  E30CCA

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Here's a quick snap of the touring carpet -
                    '89 318i Touring
                    '90 Miata

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by cory58 View Post
                      Thanks Sam! That pic helps. Looks like I'll either be living with visible holes or sourcing another carpet.
                      Here's a pic of the hole in my car. BTW, someone told me you can cap that. Not sure...







                      - Sam

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by Heitzke View Post
                        Here's a quick snap of the touring carpet -
                        Thank you
                        - Sam

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Slightly better pic while out cleaning the carpet this weekend:
                          '89 318i Touring
                          '90 Miata

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Originally posted by Heitzke View Post
                            Slightly better pic while out cleaning the carpet this weekend:
                            Carpet looks good. What did you use to clean it?

                            Cory
                            1992 325i 'vert
                            1988 320i Touring
                            1977 530i
                            2015 328i - Euro Delivery/Performance Center Delivery
                            2001 325i - R.I.P.
                            BMWCCA
                            E30CCA

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Originally posted by cory58 View Post
                              Carpet looks good. What did you use to clean it?

                              Cory
                              Ah thanks, it certainly got a lot more blue over the process haaa. Used Chemical Guys carpet shampoo and scrubbed it in pretty good and then ran a Bissell Little Green machine.

                              I had intended to pressure wash the whole thing off too, but the carpet is a little jacked up in areas from rust/wear and didn't want to risk damaging anything.
                              '89 318i Touring
                              '90 Miata

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X