Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 323i E30
    replied
    No problem. I doubt it will match the original fabric though, but it looks and feels good.
    I went from beige fabric to pitch black (my touring is Diamantschwarz), so I had no intention to keep it original.

Leave a comment:

• D.Martijn
    replied
    Ok, cool. samples requested we'll see how good it matches the original fabric.
    thanks

Leave a comment:

• 323i E30
    replied
    When I pulled mine, none of it was foam backed either.
    I bought my new fabric and glue here: https://www.schuimrubberbetaalbaar.n...bekleding_464/
    Not sure how much you want to spend, but this is a good option if you want to keep it cheap. I did my headliner + sunroof with 3 meters fabric + 3 cans of glue.
    I had a sunroof-length leftover.
    They ship to Belgium, and you can just request a free sample.
    No affiliation with this company btw. Just a happy customer.

Leave a comment:

• D.Martijn
    replied
    Originally posted by KingDaKa View Post
    When I pulled my headliner, none of it was foam backed. It was just thin fabric glued to the headliner board. So for fabric measurements you can just measure the length and width of the headliner to get a rough estimate.
    When I push on the headliner I'm pretty sure there is some foam under the fabric. If I'm not mistaken that's the reason why the headliner falls down as the foam gets old an deteriorates. Yours might have been reglued as some point in time?

Leave a comment:

• KingDaKa
    replied
    When I pulled my headliner, none of it was foam backed. It was just thin fabric glued to the headliner board. So for fabric measurements you can just measure the length and width of the headliner to get a rough estimate.

Leave a comment:

• D.Martijn
    replied
    I've been thinking for a while now to redo my headliner as it's being held up with a couple needle pins. I asked my local upholstery shop here in Belgium and gave them a sample of my original one but they can't seem to find the correct fabric.

When you search opal gray winchester 1/8" foam from the quoted post of Roadrunner, there seem to be plenty of suppliers over in the US.

Does anyone know how much meters, feet or yards you need? Is the fabric for the sunroof also foam backed?

Leave a comment:

• 808e30325i
    replied
    Originally posted by cbouchez View Post
    My headliner it's in great shape - I'm having issues with my sunroof and no one wants to touch it because of the lack of experience with he headliner on this vehicle.
    It's the easiest headliner to do of all the e30's.

Leave a comment:

• cbouchez
    replied
    My headliner it's in great shape - I'm having issues with my sunroof and no one wants to touch it because of the lack of experience with he headliner on this vehicle.

Leave a comment:

• Shangsta
    replied
    I am going to need to redo this on mine. Thanks for the link earlier in the thread. This should be a whole lot easier than the one in my coupe

Leave a comment:

• roguetoaster
    replied
    Finished the one for the non-sunroof 318i last week. Got the material (flat knit in oak, which is slightly too dark, but only slightly) from yourautotrim. Can't say I was happy with the adhesive used, so do your own research there.

Beyond the obvious A-D pillar covers, lights and weather stripping there are 8 clips that hold the liner in place, 4 in the center that slide straight back to release and 4 at the very rear that should pull down for removal. If it's not clear, do the rears first.

Then it's only a matter of cleaning up the headliner card (wire brushes worked great), installing the fabric, and reinstalling the assy. Be very careful reinstalling the slide clips as they will break if they are torqued over.

The whole process took under 3 hours, just under $100 with the adhesive, and is well within the ability of anyone that can turn a wrench.

Leave a comment:

• janice212
    replied
    Need to do mine also. More than happy to see some pics of this project :D

Leave a comment:

• Garage30
    replied
    I have done a bunch of touring headliners. Used to do them with alcantara but these day I use alcantara with stretch in it. Looks 95% as good and is so much easier to work with.

Leave a comment:

• ZM Blue Devil
    replied
    Just had mine done what a difference!

Leave a comment:

• Roadrunner
    replied
    Originally posted by doba_s View Post
    any suggestions where to get factory like material to rewrap the headliner?
    I haven't had to redo the headliner on my touring (the previous owner had it reupholstered by a custom auto trim shop), but Proctor750 shared some info on my project thread that might be helpful:

Originally posted by Proctor750 View Post
    as for headliner i used opal gray winchester 1/8" foam backed 4 yards. I believe it is called world uupholstery or some such place. Excellent match.
    adhesive was dap weldwood high temp spray adhesive.

Leave a comment:

• doba_s
    replied
    any suggestions where to get factory like material to rewrap the headliner?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X