X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MPLFoster
    replied
    Anyone have experience shipping a car from the states to Germany? Looking for a basic outline of requirements (i.e. documentation etc..) and suggestions on carriers/brokers.

Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• MPLFoster
    replied
    Anyone have experience shipping a car from the states to Germany? Looking for a basic outline of requirements (i.e. documentation etc..) and suggestions on carriers/brokers.

Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• BimmerDocA7X
    replied
    DIY: How to Import an E30 Touring

Just got a quote from Hoégh and I was elated! $500 USD, plus 91.77€... from Spain to Baltimore!

What do you think?

I'll be shipping the car in the next few months!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by BimmerDocA7X; 10-21-2018, 09:24 PM.

Leave a comment:

• bostonvert
    replied
    I'm very, very grateful for this post! Will be importing my first car this summer (old Land Rover) and this info makes it a lot less daunting.

I do have a question : I'm a US citizen and so I do have a US passport but have always lived in Belgium. We have a US address off course, just worried this might make things a bit more complicated when importing the vehicle?

I already checked the VT DMV and non VT residents can register cars there, I do have family living in VT who could always register the car on my behalf

Leave a comment:

• BimmerDocA7X
    replied
    Originally posted by djjerme View Post
    1300 is reasonable, paid that much to get mine across the US.

That's from Spain to Baltimore not CA.

Leave a comment:

• djjerme
    replied
    1300 is reasonable, paid that much to get mine across the US.

Leave a comment:

• roguetoaster
    replied
    Sometimes you'll go to get your car only to discover it can't be picked up the same day/is being inspected/your shipper can't release it yet. Just plan for 2 visits but know only one is needed. All that is moot if you pay someone else to handle the process.

$1300 is okay to CA, depends on what that price includes.

Leave a comment:

• BimmerDocA7X
    replied
    Thanks RogueToaster... I searched NMT but couldn't find a way to contact them for a quote. Google helped w/ a RORO search and I got a quote within minutes from Ship Overseas.com for approx $1300...Seem reasonable to you? Also why would I need to go to the port multiple days to pick it up?

Leave a comment:

• roguetoaster
    replied
    NMT is the go to when I ship, but any reputable RORO carrier will take care of you.

Vic simply needed stamped original import docs to register the car. He was able to get them (stamped) from CBP after his importer failed to provide other that electronic copies.

Brokers seem to be hit or miss, and you don't actually need one to fill out the paperwork as long as you can visit CBP twice in the span of a week.

Leave a comment:

• BimmerDocA7X
    replied
    Importers / Broker Info?

Hello all, I'm Active duty Navy Looking to ship my touring in the next 6 months when I transfer to San Diego... I d like to ship from Spain to East Coast most likely then drive across the states. I've talked to the folks here that ship cars for the military and they said due to it being my 2nd car, it'd be $3-4K right off the jump and that seems excessive! Any recommended brokers/ importers who could help me out at a reasonable price? Also plan to register the vehicle in my home state of Indiana. Vic do you have any advise on getting this done quickly? TIA for your help...

Leave a comment:

• stonea
    replied
    Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post
    Enjoy the E30 you have, get a touring later, they're not going anywhere, but they might get more expensive overseas.
    My biggest problem is the next e30 I build (my current one) is going to be my forever e30. So right now I'm in the situation of sucking it up and build my coupe or sell it and try my hand at importing a touring.

Leave a comment:

• roguetoaster
    replied
    Yes, rising European prices are part of the reason I haven't purchased another, 318ti acquisition is another.

Leave a comment:

• MPLFoster
    replied
    Just for reference, Tourings go for about 1,000 euros more than the comparable coupe/sedan models here in Germany right now. Found a clean 318i coupe for 3,500 and a 318i Touring for 4,750 recently. The Germans know how cool the Touring is...

Leave a comment:

• roguetoaster
    replied
    Originally posted by stonea
    I still really want a touring. Its honestly hard to build my 325i because I know I'd rather have a touring instead. However I don't have the money to buy one already imported and don't have the balls to import one myself. Just some first world problems I guess.
    Enjoy the E30 you have, get a touring later, they're not going anywhere, but they might get more expensive overseas.

Leave a comment:

• James Crivellone
    replied
    Originally posted by djjerme View Post
    K. I'll see if I can get some more info from him.

Welcome to the e30 touring club?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X