X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• djjerme
    replied
    Originally posted by nibot View Post
    Here are some pictures of mine on touring specific H&Rs with Koni’s. A bit of rake but not bad.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I may have to change my back springs out to Touring specific. I’ve always felt it’s sat a little low in the back with the Billy sport suspension.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• earthwormjim
    replied
    Originally posted by nibot View Post
    Car was originally from Vegas about 3 years ago. Wasn’t offered with an extra manual trans though (at least not to me).

Mine originally had an alpina front spoiler and the car was completely stock other than spoiler and wheels.

I did convert this one to manual last year.

That's the car then, I remember the Alpina spoiler!! I really liked that car, just wasn't quite ready to buy at the time.

Leave a comment:

• nibot
    replied
    Car was originally from Vegas about 3 years ago. Wasn’t offered with an extra manual trans though (at least not to me).

Mine originally had an alpina front spoiler and the car was completely stock other than spoiler and wheels.

I did convert this one to manual last year.

Leave a comment:

• earthwormjim
    replied
    Hmm, nibot, was that touring for sale in Vegas originally? Looks just like one that had an automatic transmission, and the seller was offering a manual transmission (not installed) with the car. I sometimes wish I had bought that car, I like blue.

Leave a comment:

• nibot
    replied
    Here are some pictures of mine on touring specific H&Rs with Koni’s. A bit of rake but not bad.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• restart
    replied
    The details of the shocks and springs I used is buried in this thread somewhere...

I have a before/after pic over here..https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...1&postcount=12

Leave a comment:

• mach schnell
    replied
    Does anyone have photos they can share of their Touring sitting on the Touring specific H&R Sport springs?

How is the rake on these springs? I know H&R sometimes can set cars up with a little too much forward rake.

Leave a comment:

• cory58
    replied
    Originally posted by earthwormjim View Post
    The weight distribution doesn't tell the whole picture. The touring has a significantly larger percentage of its rear weight behind the rear axle. Quite a bit more than the sedan or cabrio do.

I can tell you from my experience, that 475lb rear springs were no where near adequate to keep the rear end from bouncing around like crazy. This was a Ground Control coilover setup, and at full ride height, I would still bottom out with people in the back seat.

It took 700 lb rear springs to make the back end feel nice and tight.

Thanks for the great info. I'm a noob to aftermarket suspensions. My goal is to lower the car a little bit but still use B4 shocks. That's why the H&R OE Sports seemed interesting.

Cory

Leave a comment:

• restart
    replied
    AFAIK h and r e30 touring 30 mm drop number is 29684-1

That’s for the 6 cylinder...

The 4 cyl touring has different springs which you might consider in your comparison.

I dont know if h&r USA has listings for touring but They might find it with the part number

Here is a link for e30 325 touring at h+r

Leave a comment:

• earthwormjim
    replied
    Originally posted by cory58 View Post
    Great info! Using your attachments, here are the F/R weights.

1396/1269 Sedan
    1447/1320 Cab
    1428/1372 Touring

So the difference in front weight from the sedan is 33 lbs for the touring and 51 lbs for the cabrio. The rear difference is 103 for the touring and 51 for the cabrio.

Per the H&R site they only make the "OE Sport" springs for the sedan/coupe. Has anyone tried these springs on a cabrio or touring?

Cory

The weight distribution doesn't tell the whole picture. The touring has a significantly larger percentage of its rear weight behind the rear axle. Quite a bit more than the sedan or cabrio do.

I can tell you from my experience, that 475lb rear springs were no where near adequate to keep the rear end from bouncing around like crazy. This was a Ground Control coilover setup, and at full ride height, I would still bottom out with people in the back seat.

It took 700 lb rear springs to make the back end feel nice and tight.

Leave a comment:

• cory58
    replied
    Originally posted by restart View Post
    Looking around in Europe where tourings are commonplace.... I see different shocks for the touring vs cabrio.

While we are talking suspension here are e30 vs cabrio vs touring weight/distribution for reference...

I hope pics show up inthread if they don’t can someone post them some external link is not required.

Great info! Using your attachments, here are the F/R weights.

1396/1269 Sedan
    1447/1320 Cab
    1428/1372 Touring

So the difference in front weight from the sedan is 33 lbs for the touring and 51 lbs for the cabrio. The rear difference is 103 for the touring and 51 for the cabrio.

Per the H&R site they only make the "OE Sport" springs for the sedan/coupe. Has anyone tried these springs on a cabrio or touring?

Cory

Leave a comment:

• mxtx
    replied
    right ok - and if the car feels overall a little rickety still after that would you move to bushings or ? and i mean just new oem bushings, not going poly. sometimes the touring feels not as "solid" but could also be from all the interior panels noise in the wagon that i need to get tight?

thanks

Leave a comment:

• restart
    replied
    The shxocks I used (above) are stiff. Handles nice and where I live roads are smooth.
    If roads were bad I would go softer suspension.

Leave a comment:

• mxtx
    replied
    getting back into my suspension here and time to upgrade the shocks to match the springs. looking for proper street dampening and comfort to support my slightly lowered height.

sounds like a lot of guys went Bilstein B8 here, touring specific when possible.

im on H&R Touring springs + B4's now. has anyone gone B6 or is that only if your car is not lowered?

any experience with a slightly lowered Touring on B6 vs B8 would be appreciated.

thanks

Leave a comment:

• djjerme
    replied
    I ended up pulling the Billy sport kit off the Rat Trap ('87 Sedan I parted out) and throwing it on my touring. You do lose a little stiffness in the rear, but unless you're towing, you probably won't miss it.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X