Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It happened... 1984 533i

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    It happened... 1984 533i

    Finally picked up the e28 yesterday, I'm happy, my partner not so much. Anyways Its in great shape I am the third owner. Original owner cared for it meticulously, he was a mechanic at an Indie shop in the East Bay(CA), second owner owns a transmission shop. Going to clean up the car, the engine bay, change the oil, antifreeze flush, trans and diff drain and fill. The suspension bushings and steering need to be addressed as well. I'll keep this thread going with updates. Here are some shitty pics of it in my shop, when I just got it home.


    Cant upload pics right now, I guess my new iphone takes to good of pictures. They are over the size limit to upload. I'll get it figured out and post some.


    jp
    1985 325e
    1998 M3
    1998 318ti
    1984 533i

    #2
    If you upload via tapatalk (mobile app) uploading pics is effortless and you can choose the size.

    I'm saying that because this thread is worthless without pics :p
    Originally posted by wholepailofwater
    Q
    :devil:


    WTB: Dove Grey e36 Front Door Panels (2 door)

    Comment


      #3
      My experience with mechanic owned cars are rather poor. They might have the knowledge and ability to fix the cars but are too busy fixing other peoples cars to make a living. They know what odd noises are so tend to delay the repairs until they ultimately have to.

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by uturn View Post
        My experience with mechanic owned cars are rather poor. They might have the knowledge and ability to fix the cars but are too busy fixing other peoples cars to make a living. They know what odd noises are so tend to delay the repairs until they ultimately have to.
        What if it's an old lady mechanic who only drove it highway miles on the weekends.
        ACS S3 Build / Dinan 5 E34

        Comment


          #5
          ok, ya i know of tapatalk I'll do that, it sounds the easiest. @MrBurgundy nice quote, I like your style.......
          1985 325e
          1998 M3
          1998 318ti
          1984 533i

          Comment


            #6







            Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            1985 325e
            1998 M3
            1998 318ti
            1984 533i

            Comment


              #7









              Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              1985 325e
              1998 M3
              1998 318ti
              1984 533i

              Comment


                #8
                Woa. Body looks great. Interior? Please tell me some vintage recaros in some whacky print....
                ACS S3 Build / Dinan 5 E34

                Comment


                  #9
                  I wish, Those would fit the theme perfect... Unfortunately itís got comfort seats, but Iím pulling them and fitting something maybe more retro. My head hits the roof right now, so whatever I put in there itís going on the floor.

                  Iíll get some interior shots.

                  jp


                  Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  1985 325e
                  1998 M3
                  1998 318ti
                  1984 533i

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Very cool! I own the car that is basically its twin.


                    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by NightOwl View Post
                      Very cool! I own the car that is basically its twin.



                      Nice!


                      It's winter up here on the north coast of cali. A lot of rain! Its been chilling in the garage, I'll take it out on nice days. I still have to fix the rear sway bar and go thru the whole suspension and all the bushings. Me and a friend are in the early stages of fabbing up mounts for the front and rear sway bar mounts. It has aftermarket adjustable bars front and rear. The original owner took great care of the car, and did some suspension upgrades.



                      I also picked up a 98 318ti thats a complete turd, Im swapping out the m44. Trying to settle on an what engine to throw in it. It also needs all new bushings and suspension. I picked it up cause the people who had it, could not get it started and it leaked oil like it was its job (oil filter housing gasket). I got it for $100.
                      1985 325e
                      1998 M3
                      1998 318ti
                      1984 533i

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by wholepailofwater View Post
                        Nice!


                        It's winter up here on the north coast of cali. A lot of rain! Its been chilling in the garage, I'll take it out on nice days. I still have to fix the rear sway bar and go thru the whole suspension and all the bushings. Me and a friend are in the early stages of fabbing up mounts for the front and rear sway bar mounts. It has aftermarket adjustable bars front and rear. The original owner took great care of the car, and did some suspension upgrades.



                        I also picked up a 98 318ti thats a complete turd, Im swapping out the m44. Trying to settle on an what engine to throw in it. It also needs all new bushings and suspension. I picked it up cause the people who had it, could not get it started and it leaked oil like it was its job (oil filter housing gasket). I got it for $100.
                        S50 swap, bolts to the manual in the 318ti and it's so fast.

                        Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
                        91' 318is 90' 325is

                        Originally posted by Sonny
                        Buy the E30s, they ain't gonna last long
                        E30 can make you, E30 can break you
                        "He who controls the Nova's, controls the Boomers"

                        Comment


                          #13
                          I don’t recognize your E30.


                          Hello fellow Humboldt E30 owner. There’s like 5 of us.

                          Comment


                            #14
                            I'm in Arcata, I've seen a couple driving around. And I got my eye on a couple that have been parked for a while. The e30 is out of San Jose/Grants Pass. Hasn't been in the area for that long. It needs all new bushings and suspension. So I don't take it out much. The PO did oil changes every 3,000 miles but never touched anything body wise. Just picked up the 318ti for $50. It was sitting for a bit...
                            1985 325e
                            1998 M3
                            1998 318ti
                            1984 533i

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Originally posted by wholepailofwater View Post
                              I'm in Arcata, I've seen a couple driving around. And I got my eye on a couple that have been parked for a while. The e30 is out of San Jose/Grants Pass. Hasn't been in the area for that long. It needs all new bushings and suspension. So I don't take it out much. The PO did oil changes every 3,000 miles but never touched anything body wise. Just picked up the 318ti for $50. It was sitting for a bit...
                              Which ones that have been sitting? White 4 door on Myrtle and white 4 door on Harris? PM me too. I have quite he collection of parts if youíre looking for anything.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X