1994 540i Auto - $800

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1994 540i Auto - $800

It runs and drives, green on tan, door is dented, ~200k miles. Has power, but seems to lose power at WOT past 5k rpm for some reason, still has full power at 3/4 throttle though, it's weird. It is throwing 02 sensor codes as well as Lambda codes and MAF code.

I put in new spark plugs, new crank position sensor, changed the MAF and ICV. Prob has a faulty ECU.

Yep, it's the ol' Nikasil engine, I just checked the numbers. :curse::curse::curse:

HOWEVER, I did a compression test to see if it is an issue, and it has a solid 151-154 psi on all cylinders (keep in mind, the engine was cold, the battery not fully charged, and at over 5000 ft altitude).

No pics yet, sorry, I seriously can't find my camera.
    Last edited by iamsam; 01-22-2012, 04:28 PM.

Good luck with sale,if this was Near me,Id be on this!

Comment

Originally posted by xxx-Lost-Soul-xxx View Post
      Good luck with sale,if this was Near me,Id be on this!
      Thanks, I haven't been getting much luck over here... One bf.c member expressed interest, but is in no position to buy. If it doesn't sell, I will continue fixing it and continue with my M60 swap into my E28.

Comment

My brother lives in Loveland, I wish I could have him pick this up and hold it for me.

GLWS.
        Originally posted by LJ851
        I programmed my oven to turn off when my pizza was done, should i start a build thread?

Feedback

Comment

Originally posted by chadthestampede View Post
          My brother lives in Loveland, I wish I could have him pick this up and hold it for me.

GLWS.
          Your brother is only a phone call away! ;)

Comment

If it's the Nikasil motor, can't they still replace that motor under warranty? I heard from someone that if you bitch enough they could do that for you. The validity on that is still to be determined, of course.
            1989 325i - 2.7i, Holset H1C, 60lb injectors, whodwho MS-PNP.
            2012 Passat TDI - DD Duty
            2008 GMC Yukon XL Denali - Kiddie hauler/grocery getter

Comment

If a Nikisil has lasted this long, it's going to be fine for DD use.

GLWS! I'd get it if you weren't in Co, so far away. Yes, it's your fault for living so far from me. ;)
              1974.5 Jensen Healey : 2003 330i/5

Comment

Originally posted by redsubdivisions View Post
                If it's the Nikasil motor, can't they still replace that motor under warranty? I heard from someone that if you bitch enough they could do that for you. The validity on that is still to be determined, of course.
                iirc you can't no matter what. If there was a chance that I could, trust me, I would be ALL over it. Nothing like a free brand new M60.

Comment

meh, I would be happy to find this deal near me.
                  Originally Posted by ACMF74
                  i clicked on this cuz i saw p3nis

Comment

Goddamn you, Sam. I sort of want this.

Alas, I doubt it would be worth the trip...
                    sigpic

Comment

in for pics
                      Originally posted by E30_(1st Musk)_
                      HONDA IS WHERE EVERY TREND DIES! .

24v swap Oil Pan..F/S

Comment

Originally posted by KSLB1 View Post
                        Goddamn you, Sam. I sort of want this.

Alas, I doubt it would be worth the trip...
                        Is that my E30 I see in your sig??? ;)

Originally posted by KillaCam View Post
                        in for pics
                        STILL can't find my stinkin camera. Starting to really bug me.

btw, the car runs a heck of a lot better now, no misfire, just power loss at WOT past 5k rpms.

Comment

Is that my E30 I see in your sig??? ;-)
                          Maybe. It still runs like a top. She leaks some oil out of the rear main now, but the need for top offs just helps keep the crankcase full of fresh oil. Or so I've decided...

Post some pics. I love e34s. Especially when they run poorly and shimmy on the highway.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by KSLB1 View Post
                            Maybe. It still runs like a top. She leaks some oil out of the rear main now, but the need for top offs just helps keep the crankcase full of fresh oil. Or so I've decided...

Post some pics. I love e34s. Especially when they run poorly and shimmy on the highway.
                            rear main, eh? That should just be a Saturday job!! It is also an excuse to upgrade to an E21 320i single mass flywheel and high performance clutch!

I will take pics of my beast as soon as I find my gosh darn stinkin camera. Now you got me cursing like a flipping sailor.

Comment

It is also an excuse to upgrade to an E21 320i single mass flywheel and high performance clutch!
                              That's the plan. It's not bad enough for me to make it a priority, but will likely become a part of a big chassis overhaul I've been hoarding parts for. My buddy and his dad are talking about to getting a lift for their fabrication shop, that will be a life changing event.

I really haven't had to replace anything on that car yet, but the wipers are stuck up again thanks to the sub-zero cold and the crappy aftermarket windscreen is now cracked to shit, which has hampered driver visibility a bit, haha. The wiper motor is a serious pita in a M42 car so I'm not looking forward to doing that again. :curse:

Back on topic: Steal someone's camera!
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X