Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Der Ruffian
    replied
    And yes, the ACS valve cover was a sweet deal, so I couldn't help but buying ít.
    It's been a showroom piece for many years, so it looks like it's brand new.

Leave a comment:

• Der Ruffian
    replied
    I don't know yet which price he's going to ask, but if it's to much then there's a complete S38B36 for sale for around 550 dollars.
    The ACS engine has a bad rod, so it'll need some fixing to be okay.

Leave a comment:

• LJ851
    replied
    My last e30 had/has a real 3.7 liter schnitzer M30 in it. I sold it to a buddy who doesn't drive it and has talked recently about selling it. Schnitzer claimed 275 hp which matched up to the 230 hp it put down at the wheels on the dyno. What is your budget for the 3.7 engine?

Leave a comment:

• e30m3s54turbo
    replied
    Originally posted by Ruffian Racing View Post
    Thanx a lot.
    Your welcome. I read you bought the ACS m30 valve cover for $100. That was a awesome deal.

Leave a comment:

• Der Ruffian
    replied
    Thanx a lot.

Leave a comment:

• e30m3s54turbo
    replied
    Originally posted by Ruffian Racing View Post
    what engine did the E28 S5 come with?
    AC Schnitzer used m30 245hp. The ACS e34 S5 Silhouette m30 3.7 275hp.

Leave a comment:

• Der Ruffian
    replied
    what engine did the E28 S5 come with?

Leave a comment:

• Der Ruffian
    replied
    It's awesome to know that they really made an E28 S5, thanks for the info Raul!
    I think the parts are rare, because people simply discarded them, when the car was done. They didn't know it would become rare.
    They are even hard to come by here in Europe.

I actually know where there's an original E34 S5, but owner is not selling it. It just sits there in his garage.
    I've found an original S5 3,7 M30 engine, that I'm trying to buy.
    If I get it, it'll end up in my E28.

Leave a comment:

• reelizmpro
    replied
    I didn't know about the E24 S6 and E28 S5 though! Never seen or heard of them. I wonder if it's because the parts are designed for Euro bumper cars and we only got diving board E24/E28's.

Leave a comment:

• e30m3s54turbo
    replied
    Yes Barry the did make S5 e28 and S6 e24. Barry not to many people no about AC Schnitzer cars and parts they offered. You are one of the few that do know.

Leave a comment:

• reelizmpro
    replied
    Right....so they did make an S5 E28? I search but couldn't find any literature from ACS.

Leave a comment:

• e30m3s54turbo
    replied
    Barry, On the e21 they called it Schnitzer turbo. Not S3. S5 e28 and S6 e24 AC schnitzer did make. AC Schnitzer did make a S3 30 Silhuette. Sorry about the bad pics.

DSC03279 by m3raul, on Flickr

DSC03272 by m3raul, on Flickr

DSC03273 by m3raul, on Flickr

DSC03274 by m3raul, on Flickr

DSC03270 by m3raul, on Flickr

DSC03269 by m3raul, on Flickr

DSC03268 by m3raul, on Flickr
    Last edited by e30m3s54turbo; 10-28-2013, 01:33 PM.

Leave a comment:

• reelizmpro
    replied
    Originally posted by e30m3s54turbo View Post
    AC Schnitzer did build a e21. I test drove one 19 years ago. It was called e21 AC Schnitzer 323i turbo. It had 220hp m20 2.3.
    I saw that but they didn't call it an "S3" officially so I presume the E30 was the first S3 and E34 the first S5.

Leave a comment:

• redcabrio
    replied
    this is a good friend of mine here in San Diego he has a AC Schnitzer body kit on his M5 Extremely Rare Kit.

In 1989, Randy Balingit-Hartmann bought the first BMW M5 brought to San Diego and has owned it ever since. As someone on the shy side, Randy wanted a car tha...

Leave a comment:

• e30m3s54turbo
    replied
    AC Schnitzer did build a e21. I test drove one 19 years ago. It was called e21 AC Schnitzer 323i turbo. It had 220hp m20 2.3.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X