Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• brutus
    replied
    ive got some of that fabric u could use to repair.
    its the same stuff !
    pm me ,. cheers

Leave a comment:

• monty23psk
    replied
    Originally posted by Vincenze View Post
    Go to a fabric store and try to find a thread that matches the color.

Put a piece of fabric under the rips and try your best with a needle to match the fabric design.
    This is perfect or you can find an upholster to do it as well. Try not to park in the sun as you don't have any window tints. You can try to get a light tight 70-90% to help with the UV which dries the fabric and then causes it to rip.

Leave a comment:

• Vincenze
    replied
    Go to a fabric store and try to find a thread that matches the color.

Put a piece of fabric under the rips and try your best with a needle to match the fabric design.

Leave a comment:

• DaniChambon
    started a topic Preserving cloth seats

Preserving cloth seats

Hi everyone,

One of the things I like most about my 170.000+ km E30 is the relatively good state of the original interior. The car seems to have been parked with it's rear facing the hot Spanish sun for most of it's life. Because of this the cloth on top of the rear seats has dried out. Even tough the rear seats do not seem to have been used a lot they are now slowly starting to rip. What do you all recommend me to do? Is this something I can try to fix/help myself? What can I do best to preserve the seats for as long as possible? (same goes for the front seats.)
    My car is far from looking spotless and I don't feel like spending money on reupholstering. The rear seats are rarely used.
    Any advice is welcome, thanks in advance.

Click image for larger version

Name:	P1030420.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	69.4 KB
ID:	10042032

Name:	geknipt.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	71.1 KB
ID:	10042033

Name:	P1030419.jpg